Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Awesome Movies Discussion

Date:
Awesome Movies Discussion

Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier was waaaaay awesome. Infinity better than the first CA, and easily one of the best MCU movies yet. So gritty and great action/effects/everything.  Funny too, but not forced at all like Ironman 3.

Really liked it. 8.5 out of 10.

-- Edited by College Wolf on Monday 7th of April 2014 05:24:00 PM

Date:

Man, the Raid 2 was awesome. The kitchen fight at the end... wowowowow!!!

Not as great overall as the first, but then again that's an all-time classic. I give the first one a 10 out of 10... and the sequel was probably like an 8.5.  Still good though, and the fighting was pretty damn sweet, as expected.

Date:

College Wolf wrote:

Not as great overall as the first, but then again that's an all-time classic. I give the first one a 10 out of 10... and the sequel was probably like an 8.5.  Still good though, and the fighting was pretty damn sweet, as expected.

Best news I've heard in my life since you reviewed the first one. Can't wait. Probably re-watch the first one. 

Date:

Sir Luscious Left Foot wrote:
College Wolf wrote:

Best news I've heard in my life since you reviewed the first one. Can't wait. Probably re-watch the first one. 

Yes dude, for sure. The fights in these two movies are just so epic!  I re-watched the first one as well before going, although it's not 100% necessary if you remember at all what happened.  Then again, the first one is so amazing that it's worth re-watching at any time, imo.

Date:

I thought Brick Mansions was solid. Maybe not the best plot ever, but the stunts and action and all that stuff were pretty sweet. It's not a "must see" by any means, but if you want to go to a movie you could do worse.

I'd say maybe like a 6.5 or 7 out of 10. Not great, but certainly enjoyable.

Date:

CW Jr. and I went to The Amazing Spider-Man 2. It was pretty decent as far as comic book movies go. Cool visuals and effects. Not the greatest CBM ever, but not bad either. Overall though, I liked Captain America 2 better. Garfield was really good as Spider-Man though. I'd say like a 7 out of 10.

Date:

Godzilla was not bad at all. Really cool to see on the big screen, at least. And it was well done overall... as in not too campy or not too much CGI.

I give it a 7 out of 10 for the cool special effects/sound/etc.

Date:

X-Men: Days of Future Past was pretty sweet. I don't want to spoil anything about it for anyone, but it was good.

Date:

I also finally saw Her as well, which was also very good. It was funny, and was way better than I had thought it was going to be. Phoenix was really good as the main lead, and I'd put it around 8 out of 10 territory.

Date:

I give Her an 8.9. It was the movie that surprised me the most about how much I liked it last year.

Date:

BonK wrote:

I give Her an 8.9. It was the movie that surprised me the most about how much I liked it last year.

Yeah, I knew what it was about and everything, but was still surprised how good it was. Waaaaay better than I would have ever imagined from the previews and reviews and whatnot.

Definitely worth the time to watch.

Date:

Edge of Tomorrow was really good I thought. Awesome special effects and everything, solid humor, and little to no plot-holes (a rarity for a sci-fi time travel movie.)

I liked it a lot, better than a lot of the movies I've seen recently. I'd say a solid 8 out of 10.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us

Create your own FREE Forum
Report Abuse