Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Awesome Movies Discussion

Date:
RE: Awesome Movies Discussion

Independence Day: Resurgence was........... underwhelming to say the least.

I guess it was fine to see in the theatre, but there was not a whole lot of redeeming value to it. Really missed Will Smith.

5 at best out of 10.

Date:

Has anyone else seen Green Room?!? Holy cow it's disturbing and brutal and awesome. I had nothing going on and was looking for a movie to watch, and saw it just came out on Demand. I remembered reading a while back that it was good but had a super limited release, so I just took a chance on it. There's really only one small, dumb part... but other than that it totally delivered.

8 out of 10.

Date:

The new Jason Bourne was ok, I guess? The action was decent, but the rest of the movie wasn't anything we haven't seen before in JB or any other spy movie, for that matter.

I LOVE Alicia Vikander, but man, she was horribly miscast in this. She's so much better than what she had to work with here.

6 out of 10, at best.

Date:

Suicide Squad is solid. Obviously not going to win any Oscars, and not the best CBM ever, but it's thoroughly entertaining and watchable. Why do so many critics hate it? 26% on RT but over 80% positive audience ratings? That makes no sense.

I'd watch it again. Jared Leto is no Ledger, but it was a refreshing take on Joker. Apparently there was enough Joker footage cut from SS to make an entire Joker movie, so that was disappointing to hear. If they would have left more of him in this could have been up there with the best of any other CBM made so far.

7.5 out of 10.

Date:

War Dogs was pretty funny and overly solid. I love Jonah Hill, haha. I wouldn't rush out to watch it if you are on the fence, but it's good. Miles Teller's wife is freakin smokin hot. My goodness.... just, yeah. Wow.

I give the first half of the movie a solid 8.2, it rocked.  The second half though, maybe only like a 6.8 or so.  

Overall, I'd say 7.5 out of 10.

Date:

No one here watches movies anymore, or what?

Date:

The Magnificent Seven was solid. Not what I'd call a great Western, but not bad. Pretty good action and a really good cast. And of course Denzel is the man. 

The idiocy of the gatling gun at the end was easily the biggest issue with the movie. Can't go more in-depth though about it without spoiling the movie.

Still, a total fail that it wasn't rated R though.

7 out of 10.

-- Edited by College Wolf on Monday 3rd of October 2016 04:57:08 PM

Date:

Coherence. Yep. Bonk and Roundhouse know.

11 out of 10.

Date:

John Wick: Chapter 2.

Ummmmmm duh. YES. PLEASE.

Date:

Booooo to College Wolf for only coming on TWOLVES blog to talk about TV and movies...

Date:

BonK wrote:

Booooo to College Wolf for only coming on TWOLVES blog to talk about TV and movies...

I read the other forums... just have no insight to add.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us