Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Awesome Movies Discussion

Date:
RE: Awesome Movies Discussion

Went to How To Train Your Dragon 2 in 3D with CW Jr.  It was really good, we both enjoyed. Maybe not quite as good as the first overall, but the visuals and everything were spectacular. I'd say like a 8.5 out of 10.

Date:

Oh man, 22 Jump Street was sooooo funny. I loved 21 Jump Street, but I thought this was even better! Tatum rocks in this role, and he's legitimately funny as hell. There are some parts that are just classic. I liked it, 8.5 out of 10.

Here's a solid review of it too.

Date:

CW Jr. and I went to Trans4ormers. I don't care what anyone says, these movies rock on the big screen IMAX. The visuals and sound and all that are just awesome, and plus I'll always have a soft spot....

I think it was probably the second best of the 4 movies, after the first one.

Date:

Saw some pretty good movies recently...

Snowpiercer was pretty good all in all. It's cool and interesting, and well done and makes ya think. Unfortunately my expectations were probably just way too high, since I've been waiting to see it for like 6 months. It could have used a bit more action too, as the previews really made it look like it had more than it did. Still, it was worth the watch. I'd say maybe like a 7.5 out of 10.

Finally saw 12 Years a Slave, which was excellent and worth the praise for the most part. A lot of the reviews and talk about it when it came out made it sound like the best movie ever, but I wouldn't go that far. Still, there's very little to complain about and it was pretty intense. 8.5 out of 10.

Lastly, I also really liked Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. I personally thought it was way better than the first one (although I liked that as well.) Dawn just had better everything, and the CGI and the Apes were amazing and stole the show. If you liked the first one at all, you should definitely watch this. 8 out of 10.

Date:

I thought 12 Years a Slave was pretty overrated. It was a powerful story but I think it got a lot more praise than it deserved just because it's about slavery and not because it's actually an all time great movie. Still a good movie overall though. I gave it a 7 out of 10.

Date:

roundhouse wrote:

I thought 12 Years a Slave was pretty overrated. It was a powerful story but I think it got a lot more praise than it deserved just because it's about slavery and not because it's actually an all time great movie. Still a good movie overall though. I gave it a 7 out of 10.

I definitely do agree with you there. Although, the cinematography and pacing and visuals and all that were really good, so I felt that added to a higher rating. Plus the acting was really solid to very good all around.

Date:

The Purge: Anarchy was ok for what it is. Not gonna win any awards or anything like that, but it had its moments. I thought it could have been even darker, but it was better than the first movie and I liked how they were all out and about in the city. Frank Grillo was really good in it. Maybe like a 6.5, but I wasn't disappointed being that I knew what it tries to be.

Date:

Guardians of the Galaxy was so awesome and sooooo hilarious! Well worth seeing in the theatres asap, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Easily one of the best Marvel movies yet.

I'd give it a 9 out of 10.

Date:

Yea Guardians of the Galaxy was really funny. I'd give it an 8.5 rounded up to 9.

Date:

I give it a 9 as well! That sh it went hard.

Date:

Wowowow Sin City 2 bombed so hard. Projected 6th place finish this weekend with $6.1 million opening!

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/news/?id=3895

Weekend Projections
1. Guardians - $16.7 million
2. If I Stay - $16.4 million
3. Ninja Turtles - $15.3 million
4. Let's Be Cops - $10.6 million
5. Game Stands Tall - $9.5 million
6. Sin City - $6.1 million

They've been promoting the hell out of this movie for months. If heads roll, Robert Rodriguez deserves the most blame. He hasn't made a movie that wasn't terrible since Planet Terror in 2007. He's really on M. Night Shaymalan's level of terribleness these days.

Also no Clive Owen and Benicio Del Toro in this one has got to hurt, they were the 2 best characters (along with Mickey Rourke) in the original movie.

Date:

Wow, damn! Plus Guardians back on top... nice.

I heard SC2 is actually *that* bad, but it has clearly come out waaaaaay too late. Like 9 years after the first one? If they would have had it come out like 5 years ago it would have done so much better. Now all the other comic book movies just blow it out of the water.

I'd like to see SC2, but will probably just Redbox it.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us