Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Awesome Movies Discussion

Date:
RE: Awesome Movies Discussion

College Wolf wrote:

Wow, damn! Plus Guardians back on top... nice.

I heard SC2 is actually *that* bad, but it has clearly come out waaaaaay too late. Like 9 years after the first one? If they would have had it come out like 5 years ago it would have done so much better. Now all the other comic book movies just blow it out of the water.

I'd like to see SC2, but will probably just Redbox it.

Yea, probably isn't bad or anything, it just doesn't do anything that hasn't already been done in the first movie. And like you said, 9 years is just way too long for a sequel for this type of movie. The first one was groundbreaking, now it's just meh because of all the other movies that have done similar things in recent years.

I also like the cast in the first movie way more than this one. It's a Redboxer.

Date:

So I read some article on Grantland that apparently Coherence was one of the best movies of 2014? I have never heard of it, and I'm a huge movie buff.

I just watched it tonight............. and, it's really good. I don't know if I'd say that it is the BEST movie of 2014, but it's certainly worth everyone's time. I have just one, and that's all, huge gripe with the film, but other than that, it's one of the better SciFi/Thriller type movies I've seen of late. I don't want to mention it here, because I don't want to ruin it for everyone else.

But yes, it's good, and I highly recommend. After watching, post if you did and I'd love to discuss further.

Can watch a great HD quality here:  http://www.movie4k.to/Coherence-watch-movie-5553579.html

Date:

College Wolf wrote:

So I read some article on Grantland that apparently Coherence was one of the best movies of 2014? I have never heard of it, and I'm a huge movie buff.

I just watched it tonight............. and, it's really good. I don't know if I'd say that it is the BEST movie of 2014, but it's certainly worth everyone's time. I have just one, and that's all, huge gripe with the film, but other than that, it's one of the better SciFi/Thriller type movies I've seen of late. I don't want to mention it here, because I don't want to ruin it for everyone else.

But yes, it's good, and I highly recommend. After watching, post if you did and I'd love to discuss further.

Can watch a great HD quality here:  http://www.movie4k.to/Coherence-watch-movie-5553579.html

Yea I just watched this and have to say it was really good. One of the better psychological thrillers I've seen in a long time. 

MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD: DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU'VE SEEN THE MOVIE

Spoiler

Hahaha what a crazy movie.

-- Edited by roundhouse on Thursday 28th of August 2014 09:35:16 PM

Date:

Sorry about no spoiler tags, I wrote that on my phone's browser and none of the advanced writing stuff works. EDIT: nm just did by typing it manually. 

Anyways what was your major gripe with the movie? My only gripe is

Spoiler

-- Edited by roundhouse on Thursday 28th of August 2014 09:37:00 PM

Date:

roundhouse wrote:

Sorry about no spoiler tags, I wrote that on my phone's browser and none of the advanced writing stuff works. EDIT: nm just did by typing it manually. 

Spoiler

Hahahaha at your first spoiler with all those layouts. There's no way I can keep track of everyone from memory at this point (too long after watching.) I think there were only 2 original people in the first house though, at the end... not 3? I think because they were the only ones that remembered the number they wrote down? What a great movie though. Spoilers below..........

Spoiler

Date:

College Wolf wrote:
roundhouse wrote:

Spoiler

Hahahaha at your first spoiler with all those layouts. There's no way I can keep track of everyone from memory at this point (too long after watching.) I think there were only 2 original people in the first house though, at the end... not 3? I think because they were the only ones that remembered the number they wrote down? What a great movie though. Spoilers below..........

Spoiler

I think they were aware that the story didn't work unless the characters split up and poke fun at it. In the middle of the movie there is a line, "Well we definitely can't stick together" or "We can't stay here" or something like that that didn't make sense in the context of the situation.

Date:

Ahhhh yeah, good point. Had forgotten that.

Date:

Finally got around to watching Chef, which I thought was really good. I had heard good things about it; but didn't think that it seemed like a "theatre movie" to me. Anyways, awesome cast and well-done all around. And if you are a foodie like myself, then yes, you will definitely enjoy it. I don't really have anything bad to say, other than Act 3 was perhaps a little "predictable." But really, I thought it was a solid movie. I give it a 8 out of 10.

Quality link to watch the movie here.

Date:

I went to BOYHOOD a couple weekends ago and really liked it. Linklater's films are always interesting, and this one didn't disappoint. Even though it was 2:45 long I never got bored or antsy (and I often do during movies). The method of filming throughout 12 years of real time was a very unique concept, and it was cool to watch the characters age and change. It also makes you think a lot about your own childhood, parenting, and how things are always changing even when we don't realize it. Great movie.

Date:

Nice, thanks for the input. I had heard pretty solid things about that movie, although it kinda sounded like a RedBoxer. Not that it's necessarily a bad thing. Like the big loud action spectacles in the theatre.

Date:

Wow I didn't even know there is a new Taken movie out. The long awaited* sequel to Taken, Taken 2, and Taken On A Plane, is Taken In A Graveyard!

*by Liam Neeson's family and close friends

Date:

I watched Automata, which was interesting. Don't really have much to add unless someone else has seen it, but I'm always down for a new Sci-Fi. It was kinda like Bladerunner. Not bad.

The IMDB rating is low right now, but that's likely because there are hardly any votes so far. I'm sure it will go up some. 

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us