Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Awesome Movies Discussion

Date:
RE: Awesome Movies Discussion

Fury was really good. I enjoyed it a lot, especially in the theatre on the "Big D" screen. Sweet sounds and effects. It's not my favorite war movie ever, but it's up there and was really well done.

The cast was awesome, and I can't complain about anyone. The performances were phenominal and it was also probably Shia LaBeouf's best role yet. He was rock solid.

8.5 or so out of 10 sounds about right to me.

Date:

Serpico. Dudes....SERPICO.

I had never even heard of it. It's a 1973 movie starring Al Pacino. Basically, he is a cool/hippy cop that is trying to expose and defy all of the NYC police corruption.

It was so good. Pacino was amazing. It's on Netflix. I would highly recommend it. Considering it was from 1973, 5 STARS.

Date:

BonK wrote:

Serpico. Dudes....SERPICO.

I had never even heard of it. It's a 1973 movie starring Al Pacino. Basically, he is a cool/hippy cop that is trying to expose and defy all of the NYC police corruption.

It was so good. Pacino was amazing. It's on Netflix. I would highly recommend it. Considering it was from 1973, 5 STARS.

Done. This weekend

Date:

Yeeeeuuuuuussss!

I stand by everything I said earlier. It is one of those movies where I keep thinking about it today. That's rare for me. If you like Pacino at all I think you will love this flick.

Drop your thoughts after you watch...

Date:

That movie has been on my "I should see it sometime" list for as long as I can remember. Now that it is on Netflix it will be rectified. Al Pa at the height of his powers.

Date:

Surprised I haven't seen this yet. Will rectify soon. LOVE Pacino.

Awesome post thanks for the heads up in this thread Bonk!

Date:

Finally saw Gone Girl... which was pretty solid all in all, I thought. Maybe a little overhyped after being out for so long, but it was well done all around. I will say though that

Spoiler

With that said, I think it was still definitely worth seeing, and I'm glad I hadn't read the book first or it would have been worse viewing (no surprises), IMO.

I'd give it like a 7 to a 7.5 out of 10.

Date:

I thought Interstellar was pretty good. It wasn't the BEST MOVIE EVER, but it was entertaining and I thought it was worth my time and money. This review is pretty good, without giving away spoilers. All in all, pretty solid, especially as a huge Sci-Fi fan. I'd say like a 8 out of 10.

Date:

None of you dudes have watched SERPICO yet?!

Date:

It's on the list!

Date:

Saw some more movies lately.

Nightcrawler is a solid indie type flick that I don't think is getting a lot of hype. Jake G. was really good in it, and the movie was slightly disturbing/creepy, but in a good way. One of the better movies of late, especially since it's flying under the radar. 7.5 out of 10 stars.

CW. Jr. and I also went to Big Hero 6. It was really funny, colorful, well done, and all-around pretty awesome. We both really enjoyed. I give it a solid 8 out of 10.

Date:

I really want to see Nightcrawler; good to know. Why didn't it get a higher rating than 7.5?

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us