Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Awesome Movies Discussion

Date:
RE: Awesome Movies Discussion

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhahahahaha watched 22 Jump Street again on Blu Ray. It's soooo funny. Love these movies, one of the best comedy series in years. 

Date:

Aloha! Sorry this is so belated, but I hope you all had an enjoyable Thanksgiving! We celebrated ours on Wed because my brother had to go play restaurant manager on Thurs. I fixed dinner for the two of us and 10 of our friends and neighbors. Went pretty traditional with roasted turkey, baked ham, green apple/sausage/dried cranberry dressing, mashed potatoes, giblet gravy (so good make you wanna slap yo' mama!), creamed spinach and, in a slight departure, a pumpkin cheesecake. One neighbor brought a salad. Another brought a fruit torte. A third couple brought candied yams and rolls. It was a huge success!

So, if any of you ever get over here to the land of constant 80+degree weather, you get the idea that you might not starve to death. LOL!

Date:

Watched Serpico. Good flick! I can't say anything bad about it... and it is one of Pacino's best early movies, imo. 8 out of 10 stars.

Here's a link to watch it online.

Date:

Saw some movies lately. The Hobbit 3 was decent. Not great, and not the best Middle Earth movie, but not bad. I thought it was a fitting end to the Hobbit trilogy though. They really should have just made the entire thing 2 movies to cut out filler, but they made sooooo much money I guess I understand why they did 3. 7 out of 10.

Went to Taken 3 since it was Tuesday night cheap movie night and had coupons. It wasn't the worst movie ever, but I wouldn't call it all that great either. It was better than the second movie, but still unnecessary. Oh well, I had seen the others so I had to go to it on cheap night. 5.5 or 6 out of 10.

I thought American Sniper was great! It was engaging with good acting, good action, and pretty sweet all around.  Exceeded my expectations in pretty much every way. 8.5 out of 10.

Anyone else seen any of these? Or seen any other movies lately?

Date:

I saw Nightcrawler, but thought it was only so-so. I expected better, as I thought the plot was a really cool idea. I saw Gone Girl, which I liked a lot. Good twists and intrigue. I also went to Wild this week, which was about as good as my expected. Of course my girl loved that one. Oh yeah, I also went to Top Five, and it was way way worse than I expected. I do not recommend. It had some funny parts, because Chris Rock is funny, but the storyline and general premise just seemed so lame and fabricated. There were a few damn funny scenes though, one involving DMX singing in jail, and another involving Jerry Seinfeld in the strip club. If I was ranking them on your 1 to 10 scale, I think I would go:

Nightcrawler: 6
Gone Girl: 8
Wild: 7
Top Five: 3

Date:

BonK wrote:

I saw Nightcrawler, but thought it was only so-so. I expected better, as I thought the plot was a really cool idea. I saw Gone Girl, which I liked a lot. Good twists and intrigue. I also went to Wild this week, which was about as good as my expected. Of course my girl loved that one. Oh yeah, I also went to Top Five, and it was way way worse than I expected. I do not recommend. It had some funny parts, because Chris Rock is funny, but the storyline and general premise just seemed so lame and fabricated. There were a few damn funny scenes though, one involving DMX singing in jail, and another involving Jerry Seinfeld in the strip club. If I was ranking them on your 1 to 10 scale, I think I would go:

Nightcrawler: 6
Gone Girl: 8
Wild: 7
Top Five: 3

Thanks! Hahahaha at Top Five. That just looked like trash.

I liked Nightcrawler a lot! (Can't remember if I posted about it here or not.)  I thought it was as good, if not better, than Gone Girl.  I think I'd give them an 8.5 and 8, respectively.

Birdman was also really good. That's definitely not everyone's cup of tea though. I'd give that an 8 as well I think.

Date:

If you love Tony Jaa like I do, please DON'T EVER watch The Protector 2. Total garbage, his worst movie ever by far... and I am pretty sure I've seen them all.

And possibly the worst CGI I've ever seen as well.

WTF happened here, I have no idea.

Date:

Avengers Age of Ultron was pretty cool. It is what it is as a superhero movie, but I liked it.  Not as great as the first Avengers being on the screen together for the first time, but still a sweet movie to see in the theatres for sure.

8 out of 10.

-- Edited by College Wolf on Sunday 17th of May 2015 09:15:15 PM

Date:

Mad Max: Fury Road was hella AWESOME.

This movie blew me away.

The action and spectacle of it was sooooooo awesome and amazing. Seriously, just kick ass and non-stop action. Must see in the theatre.

9.5 out of 10.

‘MAD MAX: FURY ROAD’ IS GLORIOUS, THRILLING FREAK SHOW, UNLIKE ANYTHING YOU’VE SEEN

Date:

A Walk Among The Tombstones was solid. Typical Liam movie for his role, but I still enjoyed it.

6.5 out of 10.

Date:

College Wolf wrote:

Saw some movies lately. The Hobbit 3 was decent. Not great, and not the best Middle Earth movie, but not bad. I thought it was a fitting end to the Hobbit trilogy though. They really should have just made the entire thing 2 movies to cut out filler, but they made sooooo much money I guess I understand why they did 3. 7 out of 10.

Went to Taken 3 since it was Tuesday night cheap movie night and had coupons. It wasn't the worst movie ever, but I wouldn't call it all that great either. It was better than the second movie, but still unnecessary. Oh well, I had seen the others so I had to go to it on cheap night. 5.5 or 6 out of 10.

I thought American Sniper was great! It was engaging with good acting, good action, and pretty sweet all around.  Exceeded my expectations in pretty much every way. 8.5 out of 10.

Anyone else seen any of these? Or seen any other movies lately?

Finally got to the Hobbit trilogy. The first half of the first one was VERY slow. I really thought the 2nd movie was strong. I much prefer Bilbo's performance to Frodo. Yes they could have consolidated the Hobbit movies but Peter Jackson wanted to be as true to the books as possible and he did a good job. 

Live Die Repeat: Edge of Tomorrow was very very good. I'd go 8.5 out of 10. The first Tom Cruise movie in years that made you forget about crazy Tom Cruise. 

Date:

Agree with you on the Hobbit. I liked them all overall. I can't complain about it being 3 movies.

Edge of Tomorrow was sweet. One of the better (and underrated!) movies of last year. I liked it a lot.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us