Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Awesome Movies Discussion

Date:
RE: Awesome Movies Discussion

BonK wrote:

I didn't like Sicario at all. Honestly, I can't believe most critics and people are loving it. My girl liked it a lot too. I thought it was slow, pointless, and generally weak. Sorry. 3 out of 10.

I expected a lot more as well. It went downhill after the raid on that house in the beginning of the movie. I gave it 6 out of 10.

Date:

Congrats to Pan for joining Jupiter Ascending, Tomorrowland, and Fantastic Four as the biggest bombs of the year. With a $18 million opening weekend on a $150 million budget (and $100+ mil on global marketing campaign) it's shaping up to be one of the biggest bombs in history. Exactly what a uninspired crappy remake/reboot deserves. biggrin

Date:

roundhouse wrote:
BonK wrote:

I didn't like Sicario at all. Honestly, I can't believe most critics and people are loving it. My girl liked it a lot too. I thought it was slow, pointless, and generally weak. Sorry. 3 out of 10.

I expected a lot more as well. It went downhill after the raid on that house in the beginning of the movie. I gave it 6 out of 10.

Yeah, also agreed. I expected more too. I'd say a 6 or 6.5 out of 10.

Date:

roundhouse wrote:

Congrats to Pan for joining Jupiter Ascending, Tomorrowland, and Fantastic Four as the biggest bombs of the year. With a $18 million opening weekend on a $150 million budget (and $100+ mil on global marketing campaign) it's shaping up to be one of the biggest bombs in history. Exactly what a uninspired crappy remake/reboot deserves. biggrin

So true, and so awesome. It just looked so dumb.

Date:

roundhouse wrote:
BonK wrote:

I thought the scene where they went into the tunnel under the border was really cool, and when they first drove into that border town and back was pretty cool, but otherwise I thought the rest of the flick was just so underwhelming. Like, really disappointing and generally pointless and uninspired. 

Date:

"Creed" was really good, I thought. Definitely lived up to the hype and all the good reviews and stuff I've been reading about it.

Great choreography, with well done fight scenes that were actually quite realistic. Sly did some great acting in it, easily some of his best yet.

I'd give it a solid 8 out of 10.

Date:

Star Wars! Yes! Lived up to the hype and was quite good. Can't spoil anything so I won't say more, unfortunately.

Date:

College Wolf wrote:

Star Wars! Yes! Lived up to the hype and was quite good. Can't spoil anything so I won't say more, unfortunately.

Oh, and I'd say it was the 3rd best movie of the 7 so far. 

7.5 out of 10.

Date:

Both The Revenant and Hateful Eight were slightly underwhelming considering the reviews and what I had heard about them both being great movies.  Both suffered from being too long, as some editing would have done wonders (especially for The Revenant.)  

But still, I enjoyed both and they are good movies.  Maybe somewhere in the 6.5 to 7.5 range for both.

Date:

Deadpool.

That is all.

Effin amazing.

Date:

I went to The Revenant on Friday night and loved it. I give it 2 thumbs up, and a 4.2 on a 0-5 scale. I thought the visuals were amazing and it was really well done all around.

Old School Movie Alert: Watched What About Bob last night for the 1st time in ages. I always loved that one.

Date:

Triple 9 was pretty solid. It has a fantastic ensemble cast, and the violence/action/etc is really cool.  The story gets bogged down a little bit at times and not enough of the characters are fully fleshed out, but it was good nonetheless.

7 out of 10.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us