Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Vikings

Date:
Vikings

Preseason starts Friday... Predictions for the season?

I'm going to be an optimist and go 8-8.  I think the offense should be quite improved with new leadership, and dynamic position players, although the O-Line worries me.  The D is young, but can't be much worse than last season. Neither can the coaching.  The division is pretty tough though.

Thoughts?

Date:

That sounds about right. The offense is going to be good, barring a complete meltdown at the QB position. Defense is still terrible, almost completely devoid of talent at linebacker and in the secondary other than Harrison Smith, Rhodes, and (possibly) Barr.

It's tough to predict how they'll do, it's been so long since the last time they had a legitimate coaching staff. Should be good for at least a couple of wins by itself. Paul Allen predicted they'd go 12-4 last year, I wonder what his prediction will be this season, 16-0? Lol.

Date:

He said 9-7 this year.

I checked the internets and it looks like Vegas has the Vikes pegged at about 6 wins and in the bottom 2-8 as far as odds to win the SuperBowl. Doh!

Date:

6 wins sounds low to me. Their schedule isn't that tough (for an NFC team) and the Packers, Lions, and Bears didn't really improve much. Looking at the schedule I'd say they'll win at least 7 games and probably more like 8 or 9. You also have to factor in that they have 5 home games at TCF Stadium in November and December. That could help us steal a win or two.

Date:

We finally have a real coaching staff, yay!

I'd say upside is 10-6, but no way they win only 6 or less games. Worst case I could see is 7-9.

Date:

Optimistic College Wolf...somebody pinch me!

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us