Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: "The Knick"

Date:
"The Knick"

Anyone else watch "The Knick", a new show on Cinemax?? Holy crap it's good. 1 episode and I'm already hooked. It looks like Steven Soderbergh with Clive Owens have a potential hit on their hands.  I'll definitely keep watching.

Here's a link to watch all the episodes if you don't get Cinemax.

Date:

Screenrant really liked the first episode, and has high hopes as well.

Review

Date:

Nice, I had heard of it but kind of dismissed it since it is on Cinemax. Guess I'll have to check it out now.

Date:

roundhouse wrote:

Nice, I had heard of it but kind of dismissed it since it is on Cinemax. Guess I'll have to check it out now.

Yeah, definitely worth watching so far imo.

Did you know HBO owns Cinemax? I was reading stuff, and apparently Soderbergh was given the choice to have the show be on HBO or Cinemax. He wanted it on Cinemax because that way they allowed him to have full directoral/creative control of the show and series.  Seems like he made a good decision in that regard, because if he had someone hanging over his head dictating changes it could have definitely been worse off.

Date:

Huh, that makes sense because I was wondering how Clive Owen ended up on a tv show on Cinemax. He's a legitimate movie star.

Date:

Man this show is going to be really good. Clive Owen is the man. I guess this will be the flagship show for Cinemax because it's just as good as any show on HBO, other than True Detective. First episode 10/10.

The soundtrack is pretty great too even though electronic music in 1900 is so out of place in a show that is so authentic to the period in every other way. It seemed familiar to me, and then it turns out it's by the same guy that did "Drive". Makes total sense now.

-- Edited by roundhouse on Friday 15th of August 2014 01:22:04 AM

Date:

Agreed, I was really impressed by it too! Should be a really good show I think.

Date:

Another awesome episode. This show is legit.

Date:

Good episode. Clive and Blackie gonna be tight friends before all is said and done.

Date:

Another good new episode. Solid show.

Date:

Ahhhhhhaha awesome season finale.

Date:

First two episodes of Season 2 so far have been pretty money. This show is legit. Anyone else still watching?

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us