Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: "The Leftovers"

Date:
"The Leftovers"

Anyone watch this show?

Is it any good? I've heard good things but dunno if I should be watching it or not?

Here's a link if anyone else is interested too:

http://www.couchtuner.eu/watch-the-leftovers-online/

Date:

Hmm I can't decide if this looks good or not. It is an HBO show though, so might as well give it a shot.

Date:

roundhouse wrote:

Hmm I can't decide if this looks good or not. It is an HBO show though, so might as well give it a shot.

I've heard pretty decent things all in all. I haven't watched it yet though either.

Date:

I've watched the first 4 episodes so far. It starts out slow, but keeps getting better as the pieces start to fit together. I'm liking it so far, and have a suspicion that there will be a huge payoff in the end when some sort of revelation ties everything together. You can definitely tell it was written by the same guy who wrote Lost.

Date:

Oh nice, I may have to try to start it soon then. Thanks for the info.

Date:

I am watching this now and am almost done with the 1st season. The overall plot, "mystery" and cult stuff is actually pretty interesting. Certainly something that hasn't been done before on TV, and in a genre I typically like a lot if produced for a network with staying power. It being on HBO will keep it around.

The acting, writing, and certain small parts of the plot can be so bad, yet good, in a weird way. You have to roll your eyes at some of the absurd dialogue, clearly intentionally added profanity (because it's HBO), etc., but I almost can't look away. In all reality the quality of the show is more along the lines of an NBC Fall premier (and, in fact, this show was produced by Warner and bought by HBO, so that explains the clear quality drop off vs. other HBO shows) that gets cancelled after it's first 8 episode run, but with adult content included. I still enjoy it quite a bit. The first season follows along with the book, and season 2 will be all new material so I'll bet it gets even better from there.

My favorite episode was the 3rd one when they bottled in the priest guy for his own episode. I enjoy his character in particular.

-- Edited by WallyWorld on Wednesday 29th of July 2015 10:42:27 AM

#RIPFlip

Date:

Nice, thanks for the insight.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us