Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: True Detective S2

Date:
True Detective S2

WTF the leads are Colin Farrell, Taylor Kitsch, Vince Vaughn, and Rachel McAdams. How do they get such a ragtag cast after having McConaughey and Woody Harrelson in season 1? I bet A-listers were lined up to be on this show. And it's going to be directed by the guy that did Fast & Furious 3-6!? This can't possibly end well. R.I.P. best show on television.

Date:

Yeah... I don't have high hopes after seeing the casting. Such a major bummer.

Date:

Oh well, I will keep my expectations low and hopefully will be pleasantly surprised if it turns out to be good. There was probably no way season 2 was going to live up to season 1 anyways.

Date:

Yeah, that's true. Season 1 was pretty awesome all-around.

Date:

You were never going to beat having a current Oscar Winner in the cast. Those are still some solid names for a TV show at least. Vince Vaughn as a bad guy could be interesting and Collin Ferrel strikes me as a guy who has some acting chops despite falling off a bit. But, yeah, I hope this doesn't become some pulpy action show and it surely will not be as good as season 1's absolute brilliance. As long is it has the same writers it should be better than most shows.

#RIPFlip

Date:

The writer is the same. I still have hope. Season 1 was awesome. Of course, nothing beats The McConaissance.

Date:

F U C K that cast. I'll start SOA instead of watching that whenever I get around to watching some shows again, probably around Native American Slaughter Day (Thanksgiving for you slow of mind folk). Oh and another all white cast, of course. Silly me for thinking otherwise.

Date:

You definitely GOTTA watch Vikings, Hannibal, and/or SOA. Yes!

Date:

College Wolf wrote:

You definitely GOTTA watch Vikings, Hannibal, and/or SOA. Yes!

About halfway through Vikings season 2. Best show ever made (exaggeration? Whatever). I am obsessed with Lagertha... Favorite character and she should get her own movie where she just beats the hell out of dudes. 

Date:

Concur. Can't wait for the next season!

Date:
True Detective Season 2

Anyone else watch the first episode yet from last night? 

Thoughts??

Date:
RE: True Detective S2

I did. A slow burn to set it up. May need a second viewing. Not sure what to think yet. Seems like it will take another two episodes to set it up and draw any real conslusions. Farrell was probably the highlight.

Versus season 1...can't be topped. Need to think of them as separate deals.

I loved the opening song. Already have it on the "songs to cover list" for the cover band I play in. It will be placed between Baby Got Back and No Diggity/Regulate Medley.

#RIPFlip

1 2 35  >  Last»  | Page of 5  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us