Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: True Detective S2

Date:
RE: True Detective S2

Farrell and Vaughn were both super stellar I thought. Liked them a lot.

I hope the show just doesn't bite off more than it can chew with 4 main leads, instead of only 2 like before. Especially since it's only 8 episodes.

Date:

It's only 8 episodes?? Wasn't the first season 10?

Date:

First season was only 6 or 7 I think. Short.

#RIPFlip

Date:

First was 8.

Date:

It's too bad that the first season was soooooo awesome and perfectly cast. They can never come close to equaling or topping it.

Date:

I'm quickly losing faith in this season.

Did anyone else watch the 4th episode from tonight yet? Did anything even happen?!? Well, I guess the ending was decent enough and all, but the first 50 minutes was so boring.

Collin Farrell is BY FAR the best thing about the second season, but he can't carry the entire show all by myself.

Date:

The Vince Vaughn scenes are the worst, especially between him and his wife. I just fast forward through a lot of his scenes because they're so boring and pointless. The dialogue is terrible and he can't pull off the character at all.

Taylor Kitsch and Rachel McAdams are almost as bad, but at least watchable.

Colin Farrell is the only good thing about season 2. His scenes are great.

If the first season wasn't so amazing I would have given up already but I'm holding out hope there is some sort of payoff later in the season. I find it hard to believe it could stay bad the entire season.

-- Edited by roundhouse on Tuesday 14th of July 2015 04:25:07 AM

Date:

roundhouse wrote:

The Vince Vaughn scenes are the worst, especially between him and his wife. I just fast forward through a lot of his scenes because they're so boring and pointless. The dialogue is terrible and he can't pull off the character at all.

Taylor Kitsch and Rachel McAdams are almost as bad, but at least watchable.

Colin Farrell is the only good thing about season 2. His scenes are great.

If the first season wasn't so amazing I would have given up already but I'm holding out hope there is some sort of payoff later in the season. I find it hard to believe it could stay bad the entire season.

Yes, that's true. However, it's already half done and there are only 4 episodes left! They really better get going on it.......

Date:

Ugh, this show. Hopeless season. Farrell is the only thing going for it.

Date:

I've never seen so many expansive shots of freeways and roads, in any other show or movie, EVER.

Date:

Too late to NOT finish this, but here are five complaints thus far::

1. Incredibly and needlessly complex plot, often advanced by throwaway conversations that occurred several episodes prior (such as this "missing woman"....what?), or without any reasonable explanation (such as that street shootout, I still am not fully clear who that guy was and why that event even happened).

2. Such an uninteresting and self-indulgent slog that it is very difficult to focus/pay attention, so you miss those details described above.

3. Far too many convenient coincidences. Like McAdam's character just happening to have immediate family involved with key people in the case(s), and Farrell's connection to Vaughn.

4. Far too many characters. They clearly got top billing on several big names, so had to make it work. It didn't.

5. Right when I was starting to follow along a bit in the first half of the season, they skip forward 6 months and the plot basically started from scratch.

There may be a payoff, but will we even understand its impact at that point? IMO what made season 1 so spectacular were the first several episodes when they were in questioning as old guys, and flashing back. It got worse towards the end.

The easy solution is this: make half of the cast zombies/vampires and have Walter White or Tyrion Lannister make a cameo. That is all the United States cares about on TV, thus multiple Emmy's and problem solved.

-- Edited by WallyWorld on Wednesday 29th of July 2015 10:48:13 AM

#RIPFlip

Date:

Hahahahaha I love it.

And yeah, also as another example, like when Vince was all choked up over "Stan"; the boy's dad that died. I mean, like who the EFF is Stan and why do we care?!? Was he even ever in an episode for more than 2 seconds?

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us