Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: True Detective S2

Date:
RE: True Detective S2

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 That was the one I forgot!!! Like, who the f*ck!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

#RIPFlip

Date:

Solid episode last night. At least something finally happened, although it's probably too little, too late.

Date:

Here's a recap of what's going on that I saw in the comments of an article about the episode. Helpful:

Here’s my “easy” guide to the “simple plot”:

LA Riots:

– Holloway, Burris, Dixon, and Caspere (accountant) conspire to rob jewelry store.
– 2 kids orphaned in process.
– Caspere keeps blue diamonds for himself.
– Holloway, Burris, Dixon, Caspere use diamond money to pay off
Mayor Chessani and buy into Vinci power structure.

Velcoro Setup:

– Years ago, Blake gives Frank bad info to save himself from meth head.
– Frank unknowingly passes on bad info to Velcoro.
– Velcoro kills wrong man, putting Velcoro in Frank’s pocket for years.
– Frank wants revenge against whoever set him up.

Rail Deal:

– Years ago, McCandless (of the Catalyst Company) had Frank use his waste disposal company to pollute land so Catalyst and Vinci bad guys could buy that land cheap and then sell it back to the Feds for a profit.
– Frank was going to go straight, but:
– Blake, Osip the Russian, and Mayor Chessani’s son all conspire to use high-end prostitutes to buy political influence and betray/supplant Frank and Mayor Chessani.
– Blake killed Stan when Stan learned of Blake’s betrayal.

Blackmail:

– Caspere and Chessani used parties to blackmail powerful men like McCandless.
– Caspere’s hard drive with blackmail material stolen from Caspere’s apartment the night Velcoro was shot.
– McCandless will give Frank back his original land shares if Frank recovers and returns the hard drive to McCandless.

Random confusing women with names that all end in “a”:

– Tasha (Caspere’s favorite girl) also was trying to blackmail these men (and Caspere) on the side. Tony Chessani and Co. found out and killed her in that backwoods cabin. She sent copies of blackmail photos to Vera as insurance policy.

– Vera: “Missing” girl that Bezzerides was originally seeking. Caspere found her working as a maid at Eliot Bezzerides’s retreat and brings her on board as prostitute. Bezzerides “rescues” her from party. She tells Bezzerides info about Tasha, blue diamonds, etc. in motel scene.

– Irina: Mexican prostitute. A cop gave here Caspere’s stolen goods. She pawned them, leading heroes into shootout set-up with Irina’s pimp named Ledo Amarilla. Vinci bad guys set it all up to kill off heroes and end investigation. Frank tracked down Irina; Irina killed by Mexicans before she could talk to Frank.

– Laura (aka Erika aka): 1 of the 2 orphaned children from LA riot diamond heist. She worked the parties and as Caspere’s secretary to gain info and then kill Caspere out of revenge, setting entire story into motion.

Simple, right?

Date:

Here is another one with more detail that sort of clears stuff up. I am still stunned all of this has happened. I maybe caught on to 15% of all of this.

www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/08/03/true_detective_season_two_a_guide_to_the_plot_of_this_confusing_season.html

#RIPFlip

Date:

WallyWorld wrote:

Here is another one with more detail that sort of clears stuff up. I am still stunned all of this has happened. I maybe caught on to 15% of all of this.

www.slate.com/blogs/browbeat/2015/08/03/true_detective_season_two_a_guide_to_the_plot_of_this_confusing_season.html

Hahaha I know, right? The season is sooooo convoluted.

Date:

I mean....not a terrible ending? At least they more or less wrapped it all up? The Vince Vaughn weird vision stuff was very much out of left field and a total hindsight troll move since her character was easily the worst. Some dumb decisions from Farrell and Vaughn both. I feel like both Farrell and Vaughn could have made it out of their situations.

Why was Vaughns wife with McAdams at the very end? That wasn't clear to me.

And who were the guys who took Vaughn into the desert to begin with?

I think one thing that would have greatly benefited this season especially would be the Netflix original formula of "bingeable" from the start.

-- Edited by WallyWorld on Monday 10th of August 2015 11:32:13 AM

#RIPFlip

Date:

Thank God it was only 8 episodes. I feel bad for Colin Farrell and Rachel McAdams for getting roped into this dumpster fire. They signed on probably thinking it was going to be as good and popular as season 1 and got this instead. For as good as season 1 was, season 2 was equally as bad.

In the end, nothing even happened. So many diverging storylines that led nowhere, like the infamous Stan episode. So many awkward Vince Vaughn scenes, because he couldn't pull off the character or the stupid dialogue they gave him. I saw posts on imdb over a month ago saying that the photographer from the movie studio would be the killer. Apparently they knew because Nic Pizzolatto "heavily borrowed" (aka stole) from other people to write both seasons of TD.

Without a doubt one of the worst seasons of tv I've watched from start to finish, because thankfully it was only 8 episodes. I feel like this is a huge black eye for HBO, they've never aired anything that was even remotely as terrible as this.

Date:

Also how am I supposed to properly rate True Detective on imdb? Season 1 was 10/10 and season 2 was about 4/10.

Date:

WallyWorld wrote:

I think one thing that would have greatly benefited this season especially would be the Netflix original formula of "bingeable" from the start.

Because they were all going to meet at the same place in Venezuela but of course Ray and Frank never make it. There is a scene in the bar where Vince Vaughn tells Rachel McAdams where/how to find his wife when she gets there.

The Mexicans took VV to the desert. The same guys that wanted to sell drugs in his clubs and  killed that girl that VV wanted to talk to earlier in the season.

Date:

WallyWorld wrote:

I mean....not a terrible ending? At least they more or less wrapped it all up? The Vince Vaughn weird vision stuff was very much out of left field and a total hindsight troll move since her character was easily the worst. Some dumb decisions from Farrell and Vaughn both. I feel like both Farrell and Vaughn could have made it out of their situations.

Ha yea some truly eyerolling stupidity from the characters in the last episode, especially Ray. Of course he has to see his son one last time and of course they are waiting for him there. Then he sees the tracker underneath his car in the reflection of a puddle even though the rest of the area looks like it's in the middle of a 10 year drought. And then for whatever reason he decides to leave the tracker on his car despite the fact there is literally no downside to yanking it off and trying to lose them in traffic. And then of course the first place you should go if there are people following you and about to murder you is a secluded forest where they can do it with no witnesses. My god, just terrible.

-- Edited by roundhouse on Monday 10th of August 2015 07:53:11 PM

Date:

roundhouse wrote:
WallyWorld wrote:

Because they were all going to meet at the same place in Venezuela but of course Ray and Frank never make it. There is a scene in the bar where Vince Vaughn tells Rachel McAdams where/how to find his wife when she gets there.

The Mexicans took VV to the desert. The same guys that wanted to sell drugs in his clubs and  killed that girl that VV wanted to talk to earlier in the season.

Yeah, RH is correct with all that.

I thought the finale was at least decent......... by far better than the rest of the episodes in season 2!

I also thought at least Ray could have made it out alive. He and VV did act pretty retardly at the very end which lead to their demise.

Date:

roundhouse wrote:
WallyWorld wrote:

Ha yea some truly eyerolling stupidity from the characters in the last episode, especially Ray. Of course he has to see his son one last time and of course they are waiting for him there. Then he sees the tracker underneath his car in the reflection of a puddle even though the rest of the area looks like it's in the middle of a 10 year drought. And then for whatever reason he decides to leave the tracker on his car despite the fact there is literally no downside to yanking it off and trying to lose them in traffic. And then of course the first place you should go if there are people following you and about to murder you is a secluded forest where they can do it with no witnesses. My god, just terrible.

-- Edited by roundhouse on Monday 10th of August 2015 07:53:11 PM

Lol, no doubt. I mean, sooooooooo dumb.

I think he knew his death was inevitable. Although it does seem like he could have made it out of the county. And it's not like the crooked cops would leave the USA to try to go track him down. Whatever.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us