Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: True Detective S2

Date:
RE: True Detective S2

Definitely way too many characters and "stuff" going on, for sure.

I mean overall it was ok. I've seen worse TV and I don't regret watching it at all, by any means. Colin rocked.

Date:

roundhouse wrote:
WallyWorld wrote:

I mean....not a terrible ending? At least they more or less wrapped it all up? The Vince Vaughn weird vision stuff was very much out of left field and a total hindsight troll move since her character was easily the worst. Some dumb decisions from Farrell and Vaughn both. I feel like both Farrell and Vaughn could have made it out of their situations.

Ha yea some truly eyerolling stupidity from the characters in the last episode, especially Ray. Of course he has to see his son one last time and of course they are waiting for him there. Then he sees the tracker underneath his car in the reflection of a puddle even though the rest of the area looks like it's in the middle of a 10 year drought. And then for whatever reason he decides to leave the tracker on his car despite the fact there is literally no downside to yanking it off and trying to lose them in traffic. And then of course the first place you should go if there are people following you and about to murder you is a secluded forest where they can do it with no witnesses. My god, just terrible.

-- Edited by roundhouse on Monday 10th of August 2015 07:53:11 PM

Yeah, I agree that the whole Ray ending was so predictable and bad. After all he went through he's just gonna go down that easy that day when freedom is in sight? I'm glad you commented on the puddle that was just under his car. I was so confused by that.

I actually enjoyed the season overall, but I thought the last episode was pretty bad. And overall it was way too cliched with way too many characters. It's an 8 episode show and we are supposed to know how like all 40 of these characters are when the main characters name drop them in random succession to expalin everything in the end?! 

Season 1 >>>>>>> Season 2.  I guess maybe this is the problem when one guy has full creative control. He has no check and balances or other people to tell him obvious stuff like it's way too complicated and also cliched and pretty pointless in the end.

Date:

WallyWorld wrote:

Also I know you two specifically will appreciate this:

www.wired.com/2015/08/true-detective-impossible-road-trips/

This was great. That is one of my pet peeves, when we are supposed to believe the impossible. A show like this should at least be plausible. This proves it is not.  Pallazo needs to be edited for Season 3, he needs a team or least a couple of editors. Ridiculous.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us