Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: "Hannibal"

Date:
"Hannibal"

I know there was a thread on this in the old forums. Have been chipping away at this over the past few weeks and am almost caught up. I'm surprised that these two things were allowed on a network/NBC show: 

1. The amount of gore. Probably the goriest show on TV, even more than Walking Dead.

2. Actual quality writing, acting. How did the execs at NBC let a show of actual quality slip past them? 

While the suspension of disbelief is among the worst I have seen regarding Hannibal's killing skills and ability to not get caught hauling bodies and huge pieces of equipment in public areas while avoiding surveillance, it is quality enough to be able to get past that very easily. 

-- Edited by WallyWorld on Friday 3rd of October 2014 11:03:24 AM

#RIPFlip

Date:

Yeah, that show rocks and is pretty legit viewing. I like it a lot. Hannibal, Justified, GoT, and Vikings are my favorite shows by a pretty large amount. And then there are some others that aren't too far behind like The Knick and SoA.

Date:

Hannibal is so good, it's the only network show I watch other than Shark Tank.

I too was surprised to see how gory and dark this show is, especially for being on NBC. The only station that does similar quality shows is FX. Pretty groundbreaking stuff for the networks, considering how much they love to stick to their cop/doctor/lawyer dramas.

-- Edited by roundhouse on Friday 3rd of October 2014 11:55:32 PM

Date:

So totally true.

P.S. Shark Tank rocks as well... love that. Pretty good new episode tonight lol.

Date:

Wrapped up Hannibal. Was not expecting that ending to the season. They can't kill off Crawford and Graham, right? Refreshing to finally have a  show that isn't targeted towards 30-something mothers. Season 3 in April I believe. 

-- Edited by WallyWorld on Monday 6th of October 2014 09:57:35 AM

#RIPFlip

Date:

I can't imagine they kill off BOTH those guys, no. Can't wait to see what happens in Season 3! Ahhhhhhhhhhh April, it's been so long to wait.

Date:

This show has been cancelled. Epic, epic fail. I guess it was indeed too cerebral and quality for the reality and police procedural network TV crowd.

I hope AMC or Netflix pick it up. You can't lose a show like this.

#RIPFlip

Date:

Nooooooooooooooo!!! One of my favorite shows. At least they will run the rest of Season 3. Ugh, utter fail.

And yes, we definitely need Netflix or someone to pick it up. Praying.

Date:

The ratings were absolutely abysmal for season 3. Which goes to show how outdated the ratings system is, because I bet the majority of people either DVR this show or watch it online. Season 3 does kind of suck so far, but I wanted to see how the whole story turns out. One of the cable networks or streaming companies could still keep it going, we'll see.

Date:

Yeah no doubt. Oh well, but I'll keep watching. And I always DVR every episode too.

Stupid ratings.

Date:

Wow crazy ending to the latest episode...

Date:

The last episode was great! Too bad they moved it to Saturday night purgatory...........

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us