Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Random Thoughts about Other Teams

Date:
Random Thoughts about Other Teams

The time is right to bring back this thread. 

Julius Randle made one really sharp looking drive and shot. Really hope the Lakers didn't stumble on a stud. 

Date:

Unreal. Asik & BROW: 40 pts/34 reb/14 blk. BROW finished 1 block short of a triple double with blocks. Asik with a relatively pedestrian 14/17/5. Will anyone go inside against those guys? I can't wait to watch Embiid and Nerlens go toe to toe with Anthony Davis and Asik. Block party!!!

“I don’t focus on almost. In high school, I never dealt with the chick that almost wanted to go out with me.” 

Date:

And Julius Randle broke his leg. What a completely s@#^ thing to happen in your first NBA game.

Date:

Pants wrote:

And Julius Randle broke his leg. What a completely s@#^ thing to happen in your first NBA game.

Damn man, what bull sh it. I like his game, too. 

Date:

While it is driven almost exclusively by the fact that there are 5 teams in the Pacific time zone, it remains astonishing that the Lakers are on national TV so much. It is one of the least interesting "when can I change the channel" teams ever. Worse than last season. But a hat tip for Kobe for calling Dwight soft. It was a fun youtube video to watch this morning since staying up for the end of that game was a non-starter. Reminded me of Barea vs. Ray Allen.

Watching the Rockets shoot 3's so liberally makes me a little jealous, and reminded me that we are in for a long season of watching Thad Young take mid range fadeways as our primary offensive weapon.

It was hilarious to see Byron Scott's "no threes, attack the hoop only" offense look like Rambisian horse****. Talk about the easiest thing to defend. Whenever Kobe wasn't shooting elbow jumpers, the Rockets just swarmed the paint every possession and humiliated anyone who drove in. Bryon Scott might be the biggest idiot in the league putting ridiculous restrictions on such a limited team. I can't believe people think that was a good hire. He might be their worst hire yet.

#RIPFlip

Date:

Oh, and super bummer about J. Randle. Just terrible and unfair to all involved. Get ready for the Ed Davis breakout season.

#RIPFlip

Date:

WallyWorld wrote:

While it is driven almost exclusively by the fact that there are 5 teams in the Pacific time zone, it remains astonishing that the Lakers are on national TV so much. It is one of the least interesting "when can I change the channel" teams ever. Worse than last season. But a hat tip for Kobe for calling Dwight soft. It was a fun youtube video to watch this morning since staying up for the end of that game was a non-starter. Reminded me of Barea vs. Ray Allen.

Watching the Rockets shoot 3's so liberally makes me a little jealous, and reminded me that we are in for a long season of watching Thad Young take mid range fadeways as our primary offensive weapon.

It was hilarious to see Byron Scott's "no threes, attack the hoop only" offense look like Rambisian horse****. Talk about the easiest thing to defend. Whenever Kobe wasn't shooting elbow jumpers, the Rockets just swarmed the paint every possession and humiliated anyone who drove in. Bryon Scott might be the biggest idiot in the league putting ridiculous restrictions on such a limited team. I can't believe people think that was a good hire. He might be their worst hire yet.

30 3 pointers vs. 10 for the Lakers. His strategy is horrible. Flip has not publicly condemned the shot nor does it look like (from the preseason) that his strategy is to avoid 3's. He is probably somewhere in between these extremes, but at least teams will have to leave the paint to guard some of the Wolves' players. 

I wish Kobe would have head butted Dwight Coward in the face. 

Date:

Every time I watch him play, I just want to shake Wuss Johnson so bad.

His total lack of production despite all of his physical gifts startles and offends me every single time.

Date:

Sir Luscious Left Foot wrote:
WallyWorld wrote:

30 3 pointers vs. 10 for the Lakers. His strategy is horrible. Flip has not publicly condemned the shot nor does it look like (from the preseason) that his strategy is to avoid 3's. He is probably somewhere in between these extremes, but at least teams will have to leave the paint to guard some of the Wolves' players. 

Flip doesn't hate the 3's, his offense just doesn't create many attempts, which isn't great either. The average # of attempts per team/game last season was around 21. I think that was the highest number of attempts the Wolves took from 3 in the preseason. Tended to hover around 15. They will be significantly below average in attempts. What was encouraging was they were smart shots and they tended to shoot them quite well as a team, unlike last season. Maybe it really is about shot quality.

The thing still irking me is Rubio not taking 3's. It defies logic. I know I'm repeating myself again, but Rubio shot around 20 to 25% from mid range last year. While he needs to hit that shot with consistency, he is a dramatically better shooter from 3. Why take that away a shot that has a better chance of going in AND is worth an additional point, and force him to take shots from a spot he is horrible? This is not a rhetorical question, I am honestly wondering if there is sound and smart logic to this, becuase there may be. The mid range game is what makes the best PG's in the league so great offensively after all....

-- Edited by WallyWorld on Wednesday 29th of October 2014 10:47:05 AM

#RIPFlip

Date:

WallyWorld wrote:
Sir Luscious Left Foot wrote:
WallyWorld wrote:

Flip doesn't hate the 3's, his offense just doesn't create many attempts, which isn't great either. The average # of attempts per team/game last season was around 21. I think that was the highest number of attempts the Wolves took from 3 in the preseason. Tended to hover around 15. They will be significantly below average in attempts. What was encouraging was they were smart shots and they tended to shoot them quite well as a team, unlike last season. Maybe it really is about shot quality.

The thing still irking me is Rubio not taking 3's. It defies logic. I know I'm repeating myself again, but Rubio shot around 20 to 25% from mid range last year. While he needs to hit that shot with consistency, he is a dramatically better shooter from 3. Why take that away a shot that has a better chance of going in AND is worth an additional point, and force him to take shots from a spot he is horrible? This is not a rhetorical question, I am honestly wondering if there is sound and smart logic to this, becuase there may be. The mid range game is what makes the best PG's in the league so great offensively after all....

-- Edited by WallyWorld on Wednesday 29th of October 2014 10:47:05 AM

Well let's give it 5 or 10 games first, maybe the preseason was part of Flip's master plan to fool everyone. maybe they just launch away as soon as they get past half court every possession. 50 3 pointers a game, easily. 

Date:

After watching that Lakers team last night. I think it is time for a reboot. Kobe will not taking being on a bad team in stride.

Thankfully contracts match up PERFECTLY for the most interesting possible trade. Kobe for Amare. Do it before Kobe starts lighting things on fire in LA. Get a couple more top lottery picks and wait for the next FA who wants to be the king of LA with open arms.

Date:

The Lakers need to get a top 3 pick or else they have to give it to the Suns. They are so screwed.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us