Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Random Thoughts about Other Teams

Date:
RE: Random Thoughts about Other Teams

Agree Pants. That team is sooooo bad.

How on earth did the Knicks beat the Cavs at home? Growing pains for Cleveland will occur I suppose. A little satisfying inside. I still can't bring myself to watch Cleveland for extended durations. Reminds me too much of KG, wasted opportunities and the amount of failure that has been the last 10-15 years since GT took over and it is so depressing. Glen Taylor is such a f*cking horse **** owner. And wherever Kahn is, I hope he has ebola

Too far? Sorry.

#RIPFlip

Date:

WallyWorld wrote:

Agree Pants. That team is sooooo bad.

How on earth did the Knicks beat the Cavs at home? Growing pains for Cleveland will occur I suppose. A little satisfying inside. I still can't bring myself to watch Cleveland for extended durations. Reminds me too much of KG, wasted opportunities and the amount of failure that has been the last 10-15 years since GT took over and it is so depressing. Glen Taylor is such a f*cking horse **** owner. And wherever Kahn is, I hope he has ebola

Too far? Sorry.

Way too far. You definitely shouldn't find it gratifying when Cleveland loses. 

Date:

The Knicks fans now think their team will win more than 30 games.

Another thing....when Westbrook was injured last night, the astonishingly hot takes that trickled out slowly of back to backs playing a role in the broken hand. That sounds like something that Flip would say.

#RIPFlip

Date:

Westbrook broke his hand on Perkins elbow. It's symbolic of how useless Perk is. That team is going to be so bad if Westbrook misses extended time.

Date:

roundhouse wrote:

Westbrook broke his hand on Perkins elbow. It's symbolic of how useless Perk is. That team is going to be so bad if Westbrook misses extended time.

man, could they miss the playoffs? No Durant till December. Westbrook gone for a few weeks now. Morrow gone for a few more weeks, another player I forget. They could really use Chase Budinger, I think...

Date:

Heeee's baaaaaack!

Aloha, all!  Hope you are all well!

Been an interesting 12 months for me, but I finally seem to be on the mend.  It was a year ago on Oct 25th that I had become so weak and had so little energy that I could not hold up a 1/2 full bottle of rum long enough to pour even one mai tai.  This is a guy who would line up 5-6 glasses and pour the mai tais in sequence while I had a couple of beers filling and the blender running.  During the year, I spent nearly 3 months in the hospital - 9 weeks at Tripler Army Hospital and its auxiliary, the CLC (Community Living Center - formerly the Old Soldiers' Home) next to it on IV antibiotics for an infection in my lymph system.  Getting strength and energy back and hope to be back to my old, abnormal self before long.

But, enough about me . . . . let's talk about some basketball!

Caught parts of the Lakers' first two games - is the season over soon, I hope?  Kobe looks a little rusty, but generally OK.  Horrible situation for Randle - what else can you say?  Not overly surprised about Nash - he should have retired after last season.  I was momentarily encouraged in both contests when the Lakers closed the gaps, but I was more interested in the World Series' games to watch those two games in their entirety.  Thank goodness!  As soon as I turned back to the Lakers' miserable showings they were down by 20+ again! You won't win many games by giving up 60+ pts in a half!   Going to be a very long season, I'm afraid.

What was the Clippers' problem last night?  They start the game not having to face Durant and Westbrook breaks his hand in the 2nd quarter.  Somebody, please, explain to me how the Clippers got out-boarded when they have Blake and DAJ in the front court?  Who in hell is Perry Jones, anyway?  32 pts?!?!?!?

I'll watch the Clippers vs the Lakers this afternoon, but I'm not sure why!  May have to switch over to reruns of "Law and Order" or "NCIS" before halftime - maybe "Halloween" or one of its sequels will be televised for the 50th time this week . . . 

Aloha!

PS. I'm on the other side of the Big Island so no danger from the lava flow for me!  I'm about 100 mi away!

Attachments

Date:

Aloha, haole! Welcome back and good to hear you are on the mend.

Your Lake show is in rough shape my friend. Thunder aren't much better, not only are Westbrook and Durant both out but so is Reggie Jackson. So they are down to like their 4th best guard. Yuck.

Wolfies are looking fun this year! Hope you recover fully and get back to making those Mai Tais.

-- Edited by wolfenstein on Saturday 1st of November 2014 12:19:03 PM

“I don’t focus on almost. In high school, I never dealt with the chick that almost wanted to go out with me.” 

Date:

Mahalo, wolfenstein!

I think I either need better drugs or more of them!

End of the 3rd - Lakers 90 . . . .Clippers 86! Huh?!? How is this happening?

I just checked - I haven't turned purple yet so I am breathing.

Date:

themerryprankster wrote:

Mahalo, wolfenstein!

I think I either need better drugs or more of them!

End of the 3rd - Lakers 90 . . . .Clippers 86! Huh?!? How is this happening?

I just checked - I haven't turned purple yet so I am breathing.

MP in the house. Good to see you around my man. The artist formerly known as DaddyFatSax says what up! 

The Lakers won't win 20 games this year. 

Date:

Howzit, DFS - I mean, Sir Luscious? Thanks for the "Welcome back!"

Yeah, the Lakers extended the Clippers a couple of nights ago and had San Fran down 10 early, but I didn't have high hopes. Do like how Hill is playing for the Lakers.

Date:

TMP sorry for the rough patch and glad you are back living the dream.

Keep chiming in on the Lakers. I'd say "find another team" but coming from a Wolves fan I know that is impossible.

The Knicks beat the Hornets last night. Man. I still have no belief that team will succeed but they certainly have won a pair of very difficult games. If the Wolves won either of those games early it would be "signature win of the year material." Other than Rubio's rookie year, the Wolves haven't had a big win against a really good team in 2 years. The 2 OT road win against the Heat was good, but they were already eliminated from playoff contention at that point. I suppose the road win last year vs. GS when Martin hit a game winner was a big one at the time. Few and far between though.

#RIPFlip

Date:

Aloha, WallyWorld! Mahalo for the welcome back!

At least we aren't as completely hopeless as Cubs' fans! Although we'll get to see if Madden really is a magician next season. LOL!

Hadn't paid any attention to the NBA leading up to and during the preseason. Obviously, it was impossible to ignore the fact that LeBron returned to Cleveland with the way the whole thing was hyped up. Really kind of was a foregone conclusion about 2 yrs ago, wasn't it? I was thoroughly unsurprised.

With the Lakers, the preseason drama - if you can call it that - had to do with finding a coach. They took far to long in making up their minds when Byron Scott was pretty much the best choice around considering that Pop and Thibs and Doc weren't going to be available. When the news came out that the Lakers had finally selected Scott to run the team - well after the draft was history - I was thinking that it was a good choice and far past the time to have made that decision. Then, it took them 3 weeks to actually sign him! WTF? Far too much lost time to do much of anything with the team such as it is.

Maybe I'll switch my allegiance to the T-Wolves!

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us