Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Random Thoughts about Other Teams

Date:
RE: Random Thoughts about Other Teams

themerryprankster wrote:

Aloha, WallyWorld! Mahalo for the welcome back!

At least we aren't as completely hopeless as Cubs' fans! Although we'll get to see if Madden really is a magician next season. LOL!

Hadn't paid any attention to the NBA leading up to and during the preseason. Obviously, it was impossible to ignore the fact that LeBron returned to Cleveland with the way the whole thing was hyped up. Really kind of was a foregone conclusion about 2 yrs ago, wasn't it? I was thoroughly unsurprised.

With the Lakers, the preseason drama - if you can call it that - had to do with finding a coach. They took far to long in making up their minds when Byron Scott was pretty much the best choice around considering that Pop and Thibs and Doc weren't going to be available. When the news came out that the Lakers had finally selected Scott to run the team - well after the draft was history - I was thinking that it was a good choice and far past the time to have made that decision. Then, it took them 3 weeks to actually sign him! WTF? Far too much lost time to do much of anything with the team such as it is.

Maybe I'll switch my allegiance to the T-Wolves!

There is room on the bus! Though I would recommend a team like the Pelicans, Bucks, Warriors, Dallas etc. There are likely more "ups" than "downs" with many of them while that may not be the case with the Wolves. 

Date:

Good to see you on here, MerryP! I hope that your health continues to improve my dude. Keep livin that HI life.

Date:

The Kings just pulled off back to back road wins versus the Clippers and Nuggets. 3-1, the Kings? I can't believe it.

Just how bad is OKC going to be until Durwestbrookant comes back? They look horrible. Brooklyn rolled them last night. Which reminds me...

The Nets are looking pretty good!! KG is looking way more spry than he did last year. Way different.

How about CDR's short shorts? I respect it.

The Pelicans are so talented yet...they just have really ugly lapses. Their O looks so bad sometimes. I can't pinpoint it, it seems like one of those organizational problems. Just not a 1st class organization at this time.

Klay Thompson leading the league in scoring? Weird.

Last night of free league pass preview week tonight. I'll be tuning in. I'm excited for that late night Cavs/Blazers tilt. I haven't gotten to see those guys yet. Wizards/Knicks should be decent (if the Wiz win...+3? sign me up), and cHeat/Rockets could also be a good one.

My gambling pick of the night: Raptors -9 hosting the Thunder.

Date:

Cavs lost to the Jazz! Kyrie Irving played 45 minutes and had 0 assists! They only had 6 total assists as a team!

This just blows my mind. Especially Kyrie, how is that even possible! ?!? An all star point guard playing on a team with LeBron and Love and can't get a single assist.

Date:

Hero ball will be the biggest issue for that team to overcome. They will. I really wish the Wolves were playing them now instead of in January when they will be good.

2 other things stood out to me: the most ridiculous foul call of the year on Favors (I think?) when LeBron ran across halfcourt, initiated 110% of the contact and Favors got the foul and LeBron 3 free throws. The refs really wanted the Cavs to win this one.

second, that Hayward game winning shot was sooooo money. He had no words in his post game interview. That kid is athletic..whew. He nailed it on a shot that is Wiggins' bread and butter, that step back shot. If anyone hasn't seen the video yet, google it. Give the credit to the Jazz on this one, forget the Cavs and enjoy their awfulness while you can.

Question: What if, like the 2012 Lakers, this is a catastrophe? It won't be, but WHAT IF it is....and the Cavs want to trade Irving after the season. Would you trade Rubio for Irving? No nitpicks on realism please. 

-- Edited by WallyWorld on Thursday 6th of November 2014 09:33:26 AM

#RIPFlip

Date:

roundhouse wrote:

Cavs lost to the Jazz! Kyrie Irving played 45 minutes and had 0 assists! They only had 6 total assists as a team!

This just blows my mind. Especially Kyrie, how is that even possible! ?!? An all star point guard playing on a team with LeBron and Love and can't get a single assist.

AHAHAHAHAH oh man that box score is terrible. It is going to take that Cavs team probably 25 games to be any good. They have SOOOO many awkward and new pieces from the coach to Kyrie and Waiters' (in)ability to play team ball to their suspect individual defenders and on and on. Mike Miller stopped taking the steroids that helped him last year so he is trash again. 

I know it's crazy and won't happen, but the Cavs would be immensely better by trading Kyrie for Rondo or Deron Williams. After watching the Celtics, Nyets, Wolves, and Clippers, I would say that those four PGs (Rondo, Rubio, Deron, and CP3) undoubtedly control the entire team when they are on the court. Offense isn't stagnant, players stay engaged, plays are ran. Players like Kyrie and Jennings can't figure that sh*t out. It is mind boggling how dumb they are. Idiots. And I know Irving is a much better talent than Deron. Of course. But, just like last night, he drags a slow, old team to a solid performance by making the Nyets a well-oiled machine (that just missed open shots last night). Rondo has made the Celtics competitive and engages everyone on that team. Somehow Kyrie is too dumb to feed his team. I can't get it. 

Oh well, they'll get it eventually and Deron for Kyrie will look dumb. But you get my point. 

Date:

Kyrie is in an interesting position. Because he's been lost on a crap Cleveland team more people have probably seen him in those old guy commercials than actually playing. He's likely never once played a game were his team didn't need him to be the leading scorer until this year.

Waiters has got to be losing his ****. Similar thing to with LaVine, the team put him forward as part of the core right until the games started and now he is on the outs.

Mike Miller looks like he could be on the LeBron diet. Maybe having old guy strength is good for his game but he was looking to be up quite a bit from his Wolves days.

Date:

LeBron sort of has that KG weakness, he is a great player but a terrible GM. Marion was a good signing but that was not LeBron-related. Mike Miller....some national people like him still but he has been pretty much garbage ever since he stopped shooting the ball in Minnesota. He has an occasional nice game, but is otherwise a waste of space. But not nearly as big of a waste of space as James Jones. Games played the last 3 seasons: 20, 38, 51, with an average PPG of 3.3 points the last 3 seasons. I did not realize how much of a non-factor he was. Waste of a roster spot.

Things like that.

#RIPFlip

Date:

WallyWorld wrote:

LeBron sort of has that KG weakness, he is a great player but a terrible GM. Marion was a good signing but that was not LeBron-related. Mike Miller....some national people like him still but he has been pretty much garbage ever since he stopped shooting the ball in Minnesota. He has an occasional nice game, but is otherwise a waste of space. But not nearly as big of a waste of space as James Jones. Games played the last 3 seasons: 20, 38, 51, with an average PPG of 3.3 points the last 3 seasons. I did not realize how much of a non-factor he was. Waste of a roster spot.

Things like that.

JAMES JONES IS ON THE TEAM!?!?! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH that's fine. They deserve to lose. James Jones is still in the league, but Delonte West can't get a run? MIKE MILLER is still in the league but BEASLEY can't get a run!? 

How many times I gotta tell ya'll the league is a reflection of this country. It's not about equal opportunity it's about social capital, network ties, lineage, etc. Them two dudes are riding out reputations while Delonte West is killing it in China where he gets his pills much cheaper anyway.  

Date:

Great point WW on LeBron falling for the same trap door KG did.

Kyrie is at 6 quarters without an assist. A poor passing big man who gets minutes would expect to have 2-3 assists in that time. It'd be hard to do that even by accident.

Date:

The assists thing is astonishing and I will enjoy their struggles for every second we get them. I thought I could respect LeBron for going home this summer but the whole sideshow of his career is becoming more and more deplorable. Adding Love is a great basketball tandem, but all of the negative feelings I had towards him are being reinforced with the LeBron sideshow, national media ballwashing, TV appearances, and the ridiculous Dan Gilbert. I may dislike that team about as much as the cHeat becuase we just never stop f*cking hearing about it. Not quite to Heat level of dislike, because Love/Kyrie have a ways to go before they become as unlikable as Bosh/Wade

Blatt is easy to really enjoy, but he is putting way too much of the blame on himself early. He has to establish his authority with that group of incredible egos early to have a chance.

-- Edited by WallyWorld on Thursday 6th of November 2014 01:59:10 PM

#RIPFlip

Date:

Tried to watch the Clippers' loss to Golden State last night. About the middle of the second quarter, I sent a text message to my youngest son - he shares season tickets to the Clippers' games - asking, "What's that smell coming from my TV? Oh, it's the Clippers!" Of course, he responded with, "Have the Lakers won yet?" LOL! (I'm going to slap the dog sh*t out of him next time I see him!).

Over all my years of watching hoops, I have come to the realization that when one team shoots in excess of 60% while the other is under 40%, it won't end up with a "W" for the weak shooting team. GS was well over 60% in the first half and ended up at about 58% for the game. The Clippers shot less than 40% in the first half and about 45% for the game. Guess who won?

Combined records of the two LA teams is 3-7. Think I'll start watching D-league games.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us