Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Random Thoughts about Other Teams

Date:
RE: Random Thoughts about Other Teams

themerryprankster wrote:

Tried to watch the Clippers' loss to Golden State last night. About the middle of the second quarter, I sent a text message to my youngest son - he shares season tickets to the Clippers' games - asking, "What's that smell coming from my TV? Oh, it's the Clippers!" Of course, he responded with, "Have the Lakers won yet?" LOL! (I'm going to slap the dog sh*t out of him next time I see him!).

Over all my years of watching hoops, I have come to the realization that when one team shoots in excess of 60% while the other is under 40%, it won't end up with a "W" for the weak shooting team. GS was well over 60% in the first half and ended up at about 58% for the game. The Clippers shot less than 40% in the first half and about 45% for the game. Guess who won?

Combined records of the two LA teams is 3-7. Think I'll start watching D-league games.

Merry P, think of Adrian Peterson before you do it! wink aww

The Clippers will be fine. Keep watching them. 

Date:

It's OK, Sir Luscious, he's 28 and stands about 6'1". Not sure I can reach that high anymore!

Date:

BTW, I was just thinking - dangerous as that is - and it occurred to me that Nash not retiring after last season really hurt the Lakers. Instead of having another spot open on the roster and having that money that they might have been able to dangle in front of a semi-good free agent, he decided he was coming back.

Steve, it's time for you to sit in the rocking chair. You have been a great, great player - one of the best ever at point. However, in dog years you are about 150! Get a job as an TV color commentator or as an ESPN talking head. PLEASE!

Date:

espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/2993874/kyle-anderson

The "good" UCLA player Kyle Anderson got some burn last night with SA resting Manu and Tim. Put up a big man Rubio line. 1-8 shooting, 8 rebs, 4 assists and 2 steals. By next year he should be a solid bench guy.

Date:

The guy the stat heads picked to be the best prospect in the draft. The Wolves tried to trade down to get him late in the first round. He will be a quality-well rounded Diaw type only skinny for his whole career. He will not be the best player in this draft. He looks like he is 14 years old.

Who will be the best player from this draft in 5-7 years?

#RIPFlip

Date:

WallyWorld wrote:

The guy the stat heads picked to be the best prospect in the draft. The Wolves tried to trade down to get him late in the first round. He will be a quality-well rounded Diaw type only skinny for his whole career. He will not be the best player in this draft. He looks like he is 14 years old.

Who will be the best player from this draft in 5-7 years?

Zach LaVine

Date:

This is the 76ers starting lineup:

Hollis Thompson
Tony Wroten
Mbah a Moute
Brandon Davies
Nerlens Noel

Other guys who have started at least one game for them so far are Henry Sims and Chris Johnson (not the same guy who played for the Wolves).

Is this the worst starting lineup ever to begin an NBA season? Are they going to win more than 10 games this year?

-- Edited by roundhouse on Friday 7th of November 2014 06:37:53 PM

Date:

roundhouse wrote:

Hollis Thompson
Tony Wroten
Mbah a Moute
Brandon Davies
Nerlens Noel

Other guys who have started at least one game for them so far are Henry Sims and Chris Johnson (not the same guy who played for the Wolves).

Is this the worst starting lineup ever to begin an NBA season? Are they going to win more than 10 games this year?

I would not pay $5 for a Sixers ticket if I lived in Philly. That is a disgrace. I'm much rather go hang out at Pike Street Market (ya'll sleeping if you never been there while in Philly). 

Date:

Sir Luscious Left Foot wrote:
roundhouse wrote:

Hollis Thompson
Tony Wroten
Mbah a Moute
Brandon Davies
Nerlens Noel

I would not pay $5 for a Sixers ticket if I lived in Philly. That is a disgrace. I'm much rather go hang out at Pike Street Market (ya'll sleeping if you never been there while in Philly). 

You from the Pacific Northwest also?

For Flip! RIP Them Up!

4Flip Them The Bird!

Date:

cycosurgeon wrote:
Sir Luscious Left Foot wrote:
roundhouse wrote:

Hollis Thompson
Tony Wroten
Mbah a Moute
Brandon Davies
Nerlens Noel

You from the Pacific Northwest also?

Oops, mixed up my awesome markets. Pike Street is Seattle. Reading Terminal is Philly. Both awesome. 

Date:

What is up with the Kings (good?) and Nuggets (horrible?). Trends or anomalies? I can't possibly envision the Kings being good for the whole year.

#RIPFlip

Date:

If the Lakers keep up this torrid pace they should win 13-14 games this season!

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us