Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Former Twolves Players

Date:
RE: Former Twolves Players

The Great Zach Lowe discussing Love's disappointing year in Cleveland so far (from his article today about the Waiters trade):

"Love said all the right things about committing to Cleveland, but we should all know by now that public proclamations after happy trades mean nothing. He’s a free agent this summer, and he will absolutely survey the market if things continue this way in Cleveland. LeBron’s on-court demeanor toward him has been icy; James will regularly glare back at Love after yet another enemy layup in Love’s grill.

The defense has been even worse than expected, and Anderson Varejao’s season-ending Achilles injury won’t help. Love talked a big game about washing away his warts on that end, but he hasn’t walked it yet. He still admires his 3-point shots while his defender happily leaks out in transition. Love will never be a rim protector, but just trying can help. Raise your arms, jump in the air, and cause at least some sort of distraction.

There are just too many possessions on which Love does nothing as a help defender. He watches the game happen to him."

grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-trade-cleveland-cavalier-new-york-knicks-oklahoma-city-thunder/

Date:

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Date:

That's weird from a Top 10 player...we never saw that on the defensive side of the court here.

Seriously, how easy was that to predict that the Sixers were going to get their first home win against the Lav Cavs?

-- Edited by Tod Murphy on Tuesday 6th of January 2015 05:51:18 PM

Date:

Teams that didn't trade for Love favored to win it all

According to Bovada of Las Vegas, the two teams favored to win the NBA championship are the Chicago Bulls and the Golden State Warriors. Both are listed at 5-to-1 odds.

What do they have in common?

Both considered trading for Kevin Love, and decided against it.

Date:

Now the rest of the world sees what we saw!

For Flip! RIP Them Up!

4Flip Them The Bird!

Date:

Markieff Morris dropped a career high 35 points on Love last night in the Suns win over the Cavs. Lol.

Date:

I wonder how many were scored on Love...since he sat the whole 4th qtr.

Will he quietly see how the season finishes...and then look for a different situation? Certainly a lot goes into it with coaches and players, but when I have watched the Cavs a huge difference is playing with Ricky who looked to deliver the ball to Love vs. how Kyrie plays with him. (Can anyone look up how many assists Kyrie has on Love baskets his year?)

Just read this:

On offense, where Love should be a monster, he hasn't been very often. "I've seen Kevin fall down with the ball more times this season than the rest of his career combined because he's always in positions where he's uncomfortable and he's forced into trying to make some sort of move to get a shot, and that has never been his game," said one veteran NBA coach. "They almost never put him in position to get the ball that he did in his last few years in Minnesota and I can't figure out why." ESPN.com

Date:

oh man the Love hating is so gratifying. he totally blew his image wanking his way out of here and I love it. so he is going to be a lAker next year then huh?

Can we trade lavine for jonny flynn?? lol on the exum remarks, pretty sure I could make a roster spot in Australia. darko wins all

Date:

Yep. I'm not going to lie, seeing the Cavs fail is bringing me immense satisfaction. What sucks is the team will fire Blatt and then will be good. I would much rather see a total nosedive. LeBron criticism is warranted. Always taking the easy way out. I feel bad for Blatt, dude is probably a killer coach (even if he is using his players wrongly as he acclimates), but he can't handle the egos on that team.

Annnnddd....remember when Taylor called out Love on his way out? Dude was actually on point with everything he said.

#RIPFlip

Date:

No, Taylor was not on point and it was terrible form for an owner and will be remembered by agents.

Secondly, Blatt is doing a worse job than I ever could have imagined. It is as if they are deliberately using Love like he is Mhemet Okur and nothing else. It is baffling. Conversely, they are giving Irving the AI treatment and not holding him accountable for anything because he is the golden child. They are both playing terrible and it's because there is no strong willed coach or a Rubio to make Love succeed.

I also LOVE it. F uck Love. F uck Irving. F uck Lebron. HAHAHA!

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

I love it too! Proves once again that there is more than winning basketball games than strictly talent. And Love's defense and lack of leadership are getting exposed too.

Date:

DaddyFatSax wrote:

No, Taylor was not on point and it was terrible form for an owner and will be remembered by agents.

Secondly, Blatt is doing a worse job than I ever could have imagined. It is as if they are deliberately using Love like he is Mhemet Okur and nothing else. It is baffling. Conversely, they are giving Irving the AI treatment and not holding him accountable for anything because he is the golden child. They are both playing terrible and it's because there is no strong willed coach or a Rubio to make Love succeed.

I also LOVE it. F uck Love. F uck Irving. F uck Lebron. HAHAHA!

Context be damned, he was right: Love is the scapegoat. The fans in CLE do NOT like him at all. They make us seem like homers when he was here. He has struggled immensely as a third option as well. I'm not defending Taylor for being dumb enough to say those things, but what he said was fairly accurate.

You, like Taylor, are on point with Blatt. But he still has had a tremendous coaching career and is a very good coach. The egos are easily half of the problem. Bron and Wade were boys. Do you see LeBron, Kyrie and Love going out to a club after a game? Absolutely not.

#RIPFlip

«First  <  1 2 3 412  >  Last»  | Page of 12  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us