Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Former Twolves Players

Date:
RE: Former Twolves Players

WallyWorld wrote:
DaddyFatSax wrote:

No, Taylor was not on point and it was terrible form for an owner and will be remembered by agents.

Secondly, Blatt is doing a worse job than I ever could have imagined. It is as if they are deliberately using Love like he is Mhemet Okur and nothing else. It is baffling. Conversely, they are giving Irving the AI treatment and not holding him accountable for anything because he is the golden child. They are both playing terrible and it's because there is no strong willed coach or a Rubio to make Love succeed.

I also LOVE it. F uck Love. F uck Irving. F uck Lebron. HAHAHA!

Context be damned, he was right: Love is the scapegoat. The fans in CLE do NOT like him at all. They make us seem like homers when he was here. He has struggled immensely as a third option as well. I'm not defending Taylor for being dumb enough to say those things, but what he said was fairly accurate.

You, like Taylor, are on point with Blatt. But he still has had a tremendous coaching career and is a very good coach. The egos are easily half of the problem. Bron and Wade were boys. Do you see LeBron, Kyrie and Love going out to a club after a game? Absolutely not.

My statistical models can't account for that so until you can quantify this effect please file it under "not worthy of discussion at Canis Hoopus." 

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

Gino Pilato: "Teams are saying Lorenzo Brown is the most NBA-suitable PG in the D-League due to size and athletic ability according to a source."

For Flip! RIP Them Up!

4Flip Them The Bird!

Date:

If Brown's agent has the last name Duffy, Saunders, Bab****, Newton, Taylor or Adelman we just might pick him up

#RIPFlip

Date:

Bill Simmons is shocked that the Big Zero fell so far in his 2015 NBA Trade Value rankings:

There is NO acceptable reason why someone as good as Love would free-fall this badly. It’s dumbfounding. Look at this …

2014 (77 games): 26.1 ppg, 12.5 rpg, 4.4 apg, 46-38-82% splits, 26.9 PER

2015 (40 games): 17.7 ppg, 10.4 rpg, 2.2 apg, 43-33-83% splits, 19.2 PER

And that doesn’t cover his more-dreadful-than-ever defense, his utter inability to protect the rim, LeBron’s inability to conceal his disgust for Love’s game at times, or the Eye Test repeatedly telling us things like “He dogged it on that play” and “He seems genuinely unhappy.” And maybe he is. But Love’s Cleveland experience has been a borderline basketball tragedy; it’s made the idea of trading real assets for him (especially when he can opt out) more than a little daunting. 

Date:

random former twolve chime in! Wayne Ellington. he was always my irrational love guy i guess. watched him play tonite for the lake show and he still plays good d and makes buckets.

Date:

In honor of the University of Minnesota retiring Randy Breuer's #45, I have to post this amazing picture from his T-Wolf days.

Breuer.jpg

-- Edited by Tod Murphy on Monday 26th of January 2015 09:08:16 AM

Attachments

Date:

Tod Murphy wrote:

Bill Simmons is shocked that the Big Zero fell so far in his 2015 NBA Trade Value rankings:

There is NO acceptable reason why someone as good as Love would free-fall this badly. It’s dumbfounding. Look at this …

2014 (77 games): 26.1 ppg, 12.5 rpg, 4.4 apg, 46-38-82% splits, 26.9 PER

2015 (40 games): 17.7 ppg, 10.4 rpg, 2.2 apg, 43-33-83% splits, 19.2 PER

And that doesn’t cover his more-dreadful-than-ever defense, his utter inability to protect the rim, LeBron’s inability to conceal his disgust for Love’s game at times, or the Eye Test repeatedly telling us things like “He dogged it on that play” and “He seems genuinely unhappy.” And maybe he is. But Love’s Cleveland experience has been a borderline basketball tragedy; it’s made the idea of trading real assets for him (especially when he can opt out) more than a little daunting. 

I mean, he is playing with 2 very high usage players, so using per-game stats to justify what a baby could have predicted is a little bit of a reach on Simmons' part, but yeah....

Thing is, the Cavs will eventually figure it out. It might take a new coach or a another season, but they will. I won't be paying a ton of attention when it happens, though,

-- Edited by WallyWorld on Monday 26th of January 2015 02:33:53 PM

#RIPFlip

Date:

Wayne Ellington scored 28 vs the Wizards

For Flip! RIP Them Up!

4Flip Them The Bird!

Date:

cycosurgeon wrote:

I love Wayne. Nice guy in person. Glad he is still in the league. 

Love continues to suck. There is no point God to set him up and he is now a role player. Take that.

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

DaddyFatSax wrote:
cycosurgeon wrote:

I love Wayne. Nice guy in person. Glad he is still in the league. 

Love continues to suck. There is no point God to set him up and he is now a role player. Take that.

I'll just leave this here and remind everyone that SVG is awesome (even if the folks at Dime are spinning this to crazy levels):

http://dimemag.com/2015/01/stan-van-gundy-says-pistons-hardly-discussed-kevin-love-game/

Poor K Love. You KNOW stuff like this absolutely kills him.

-- Edited by WallyWorld on Wednesday 28th of January 2015 12:31:58 PM

#RIPFlip

Date:

I can't wait to see how much everyone's efficiency goes up when Rubio comes back.

For Flip! RIP Them Up!

4Flip Them The Bird!

Date:

I watched the 2nd half of the Warriors/Mavs tilt last night, and our favorite guy JJ Barea killed the Mavs chances in the 4th. It brought me a strange sense of joy and satisfaction watching him sabotage the game of another team as opposed to my own. Here was his 2nd half on offense, in it's entirety, in a game in which both teams had 242 total points (scoring was coming easy):

1:49 J.J. Barea enters the game for Monta Ellis
0:07 J.J. Barea misses 27-foot three point jumper
10:45 J.J. Barea misses 26-foot three point jumper
9:26 J.J. Barea misses 18-foot jumper
5:43 J.J. Barea misses layup
5:22 J.J. Barea misses driving layup
4:52 Devin Harris enters the game for J.J. Barea

GREAT JOB JJ!!!

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us