Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Playoffs - Round 1

Date:
Playoffs - Round 1

Which series are you most excited to watch?

Mine is Spurs/Clippers.  Good v. Evil.  Tony v. Chris - Silky Smooth Finesse v. Herky Jerky Bully Ball.  Dandre and Blake don't seem like a great matchup for Duncan & Diaw.  I think the Clippers will try to make this one as physical and ugly as possible.  I expect a lot of T's.  Barnes will definitely get a couple.

Other 1st round matchups I'm intrigued by are:

Warriors/Pelicans: I just think the Warriors are so fun to watch, and I'm really happy the Pelicans made the playoffs over the Thunder. It will be fun to watch Ant Davis on a big stage.

Portland/Memphis: I think I am one of the few that really enjoys watching Memphis playoff games.

Toronto/Washington: Battle of the ex-TWolves coaches!  I also enjoy watching the Wizards. This is also the only Eastern Conference matchup that should be a fairly even/long series.

Date:

for me....

Mavs vs Rockets...

Goaty vs Dirk, what's not to like? Hoping the Mavs can bump Howard and pals, too bad it will hurt Goaty. :(  Will all-star Rondo make an appearance?

Bulls vs Bucks
Greek Freak on national tv, could be an epic coming out party, when he blocks Pau then crosses over D-rose and then dunks on Noah all in the same play.

Bos vs Celtics
Brandon Bass always used to give Love the business when he was a Twolf. I expect it to continue. Plus Smart and Avery might be defensive enough to annoy the hell out of Irving.
Zeller for revenge could be an interesting subplot. Plus can Love handle the spotlight?

Other things I will be watching...

Grizz low post attack, gawd bless them! They will be a nightmare for the Blazers worst 1st round series the Blazers could have gotten.

How Cleveland as a town handles being in the spotlight again. I want the Cavs to win it all for Cleveland and Ohio but not for Lebron and Love. Odd position to be in!

Seeing if ALT is just a fluke or the real deal like the Spurs. Spur vs Hawks finals would be freaky cool and could make the league actually believe in team ball and passing again!

-- Edited by cycosurgeon on Thursday 16th of April 2015 03:38:25 PM

For Flip! RIP Them Up!

4Flip Them The Bird!

Date:

What yall got? I'll think about all the matchups, just because: 

EAST
ATL v. BKN - ATL in six. I still am not a huge believer in the Hawks. The playoffs are a physical grind, not the wide open fast-paced regular season. Lionel Hollins is built to coach a team for the playoffs. They might somehow pose problems for the Hawks. But they aren't nearly good enough to really threaten the Hawks. I'm happy for Thad Young getting to play on a big stage. Good for him. Don't care about many players in this series. If it ends up being a blowout series (which it probably will) I won't even pay attention. 

Cavs v. Bos - Cavs. in 5. Boston hates Lebron so much. Bass and Bradley are still on the Celtics so they'll re-fuel the Boston-Lebron hate. Fun series. Cleveland is much better. Maybe Boston can win one. I hope they win two! 

TOR v. WAS - Washington in 7. Gross. I can think of three good things about this series: 1) Wall vs. Lowry. That is awesome and makes up for everything else. 2) Pierce doing his old man thing and talkin trash. 3) The potential for Wittman to finally get fired if the Wiz lose. Also, when are people in MN going to quit thinking Casey is a good coach? He surely is a fine defensive coach but has no business leading a serious team. Both coaches in over their heads. 

CHI v. MIL - Chicago in 6. YOU ALL KEEP SLEEPING ON J KIDD THE COACH! That dude did amazing things with the Nyets and has done an awesome job with this rag-tag team. They are not good, yet they are...J Kidd won't go down without a fight and Chicago is trying to find its mojo. Easily my favorite series of the first round in the East. Chicago has always been one of my favorite teams and I like Milwaukee, their players, and their coach. 

WEST

GS v. NO - Sweep. Should be fun, competitive games though. I'm most excited for Draymond vs. Davis. Can Green do anything to slow him down? We'll see if Green really is an all-star deserving of a big contract...

HOU v. MAVS! - Houston in 7. I'm just hoping playoff Rondo emerges and that Chandler beats up on Dwight Coward. This might be a cool as$ series. 

LAC v. SAS - Unfortunately, Spurs in 6. I do not like either team but will be rooting for the Floppers (uhh, I mean, the more egregious floppers and complainers. The Clippers). I do not deny the talent in this game. I care to watch only one star in this game - Kawhi. And then bit players like Glen Davis and St. Patty. 

POR v. Grizzle - Grindhouse in 6. Both teams are injured, Portland is already a fragile team with no depth. Tight series but if Conley is healthy enough to play I can't see Portland doing much damage. 

-- Edited by DaddyFatSax on Saturday 18th of April 2015 11:05:39 AM

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

cycosurgeon wrote:

for me....

Mavs vs Rockets...

Goaty vs Dirk, what's not to like? Hoping the Mavs can bump Howard and pals, too bad it will hurt Goaty. :(  Will all-star Rondo make an appearance?

Bulls vs Bucks
Greek Freak on national tv, could be an epic coming out party, when he blocks Pau then crosses over D-rose and then dunks on Noah all in the same play.

Bos vs Celtics
Brandon Bass always used to give Love the business when he was a Twolf. I expect it to continue. Plus Smart and Avery might be defensive enough to annoy the hell out of Irving.
Zeller for revenge could be an interesting subplot. Plus can Love handle the spotlight?

Other things I will be watching...

Grizz low post attack, gawd bless them! They will be a nightmare for the Blazers worst 1st round series the Blazers could have gotten.

How Cleveland as a town handles being in the spotlight again. I want the Cavs to win it all for Cleveland and Ohio but not for Lebron and Love. Odd position to be in!

Seeing if ALT is just a fluke or the real deal like the Spurs. Spur vs Hawks finals would be freaky cool and could make the league actually believe in team ball and passing again!

-- Edited by cycosurgeon on Thursday 16th of April 2015 03:38:25 PM

Ratings would be terrible! 

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

Wittman vs. Casey. Battle of the titans.

“I don’t focus on almost. In high school, I never dealt with the chick that almost wanted to go out with me.” 

Date:

Well, I would now implore Phil Saunders to offer Draymond Green a max contract. Dominating The Brow.

I think I have had my fill of the Wizards and Raptors. I'll watch maybe the second half of the last game in the series. Just not enjoyable to watch. Complete lack of creativity by both coaches. They have engrained into both teams sloppy, inefficient offense without even excelling on the defensive end. F uck that series.

Date:

I enjoy Draymond as well. He is a scrappy mofo. He is the upside argument for Major Payne. Both were long-term glue guys in Izzo's program, so theoretically both guys should have similar concepts of help defense and smart play. Theoretically. I mean...

“I don’t focus on almost. In high school, I never dealt with the chick that almost wanted to go out with me.” 

Date:

wolfenstein wrote:

I enjoy Draymond as well. He is a scrappy mofo. He is the upside argument for Major Payne. Both were long-term glue guys in Izzo's program, so theoretically both guys should have similar concepts of help defense and smart play. Theoretically. I mean...

Talking about Payne in a playoff thread? Nein. 

DRose was great. Jimmy Buckets went HAM. 

Monta Ellis is trash. Chandler Parsons don't want it. Carlisle is strangely attached to Monta who is just trash if he isn't scoring. Rondo played his as$ off on both ends and got 25 minutes? He played well but for them to have a chance they need Rondo in a zone, something you don't get with sporadic minutes. 

Date:

Payne is the next coming of Ben Wallace, you'll see.

Oddly I find myself cheering for the Rockets which is weird.

Date:

Im doing it again....the Wolves make me sick of hoops and eager to spend time on other things so I take time off from the opening playoff rounds. Luckily no real barn burners or epics yet.

My favorite series of the last 10 years is still Bulls/Celtics from 2008 or whenever it was.

Picking a champion is nigh impossible.

How the f*ck did Memphis end up as a 6th seed?!?!?!

Glad to see 'Brow in the playoffs, even if it is only going to be for one year in all likelihood (either OKC, Uth, Pho will be in next year instead. It is depressing thinking about the vaults the Wolves have to make to make it. The conference is impossible for a dumb GM. Even Denver is hoarding picks while the Wolves are trading them for Payne, who might be worse than LaVine was the first 3/4 of the season. Enough Wolves talk, sorry.)

West
Rd 1
Warriors (I predicted they would miss the playoffs to start the year. Whoops.
Grizz
Rockets
Clippers

Rd 2
Warriors
Rockets

Rd 3
Warriors

East

Rd 1
Atlanta
Toronto
Chicago
Cleveland

Rd 2
Atlanta
Cleveland

Rd 3
Atlanta

Finals: Warriors

(thrown together in 2 minutes so I probably made some bad judgment calls in here and/or missed some injuries, convenient suspensions, etc to ensure the Cavs advance, etc.)

-- Edited by WallyWorld on Monday 20th of April 2015 10:47:15 AM

#RIPFlip

Date:

Good stuff Daddy (and others). I did a Playoff Pick Em Pool and my predictions went as follows:

ATL in 4. Brooklyn has doesn't even deserve to be here and have no heart. I missed game 1 but sounds like I didn't miss much.
WIZ in 6. I love all the talk about how these coaches are in over their heads. It's completely true, and it's just so weird watching 2 castoff Wolves coaches "battling" in a playoff series against one another. I loved Pierce in that 1st game. Still one of my favorite players ever. Also, THIS VINE: vine.co/v/ezttEPM33jn #dimwittman
CHI in 5. Glad to hear D. Rose had a nice 1st game. I could see Chi giving Cleveland some issues.
CAVS in 5. I think Boston will get one at home. They want it too much. This is a good warm-up series for K. Love; I wish he had a more difficult matchup.

BAY in 5. They ain't losing a home court game in this series.
GRIZ in 6. Portland is too injured and Memphis is so physically and mentally tough. I was really surprised a decent number of national pundits picked the Blazers. I'm not seeing it.
SPURS in 6. Welp, they got spanked last night. It's a long series. They have won the West the past 2 years, and although Tony may have regressed, Leonard is better than ever.
HOU in 6. I am rooting for these guys. Being in a bar during the playoffs, looking up and seeing Brewer hit a Big 3 and do his strut back down court in the 4th quarter with the crowd going nuts...that makes me smile.

Conference Semis:
ATL in 6.
CAVS in 7.

BAY in 6.
SPURS in 5.

Conference Finals:
CAVS in 6.
SPURS in 6.

Finals:
Spurs in 7.

Date:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA at that Vine. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

1 2 3 4  >  Last»  | Page of 4  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us