Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Playoffs - Round 1

Date:
RE: Playoffs - Round 1

Round #1 Heroes: Paul Pierce, Randy Wittman (!?!), Steve Ballmer gif's, vids and photos, Dwight Howard, Ant Davis, my Rockets 16:1 to win the conference bet, Chris Paul, Jimmy Butler, Tim Duncan, TNT's production and studio show, Farouq Al-Aminu, Josh Smith?!, Warriors fans, Jason Kidd, OJ Mayo off the bench, The Grizzlies, new blood (Spurs/Lakers/Mavs/Thunder won the conference the past 17 years; not this year!).

Round #1 Goats: Toronto, Nets fans, Dwane Casey, Damian Lillard, Tiago Splitter and Tony Parker's injuries or lack of shape due to injury, respect for Atlanta's regular season, Kelly Olynyk, K. Love's reputation, JR Smith's reputation, Rajon Rondo, the Rajon Rondo trade, Dirk as a star for the rest of his career, my pick of the Spurs to win the championship.

Date:

K Love's reputation? Please elaborate.

#RIPFlip

Date:

Well it just seemed like a lot of people nationally thought that he was being over the top and a baby by calling Olynyk out and stating that he "knows for a fact he did it on purpose". None of this is really a surprise to us, but it seemed as if a lot of the public thought Love took it too far with those accusations and is being a big whiner about it. I don't even agree with that actually (I thought it was a very dirty play), but this injury didn't help Love's rep any. If the Cavs succeed now, he will be viewed as more expendable than ever. We might've basically gotten Wiggins for free, isn't that insane?!?!

Date:

Ohh I see what you mean, yeah. I mean Olynyk probably was a little too physical "on purpose" but it's not like he set out to dislocate his shoulder specifically. Players get wrapped up like they did on a nightly basis.

Yeah, think if Love bolts from CLE. Personally, I would be very surprised if he opted out with the cap being what it will be next summer, and now the injury, meaning he will probably be there another season and perhaps get a ring, but your point stands. There is a real chance he is a Laker or a Celtic...or I wouldn't completely rule out a TWolf (can you imagine?) in 14 or so months. As you said, insane. Flip waiting that scenario out was a crazy stroke of good fortune even if Glen and Gilbert (new sitcom title?) got it done.

By the way, all of this talk of the cap being up is only going to be a 1-2 year thing. It's not like teams are going to be free from error. There are going to be so many atrocious contacts handed out next summer it is going to be appointment Twitter in early July, and teams like the Wolves and others will be just as saddled as they were before in no time as a result. I can see it now: "@AdrianWojnarowski: Minnesota and Nene agree to a 4-year $145 million dollar contract."

-- Edited by WallyWorld on Monday 4th of May 2015 03:31:46 PM

#RIPFlip

Date:

I didn't think the play was dirty on purpose there has been tons of time when I seen the same exact play to keep someone away from a loose ball. K-Love was pushing Kelly away and Kelly just grabbed the arm already in his chest

When was the last time you saw a mean Canadian?

-- Edited by cycosurgeon on Monday 4th of May 2015 06:42:41 PM

For Flip! RIP Them Up!

4Flip Them The Bird!

Date:

Olynyk did what is done almost every play in the confines of the paint. It's just different when a guy is running full speed the other way. He learned. Unfortunately his error cost Bonkin Love a chance at building his legacy. Sucks for him. Love should definitely go sign with the Celtics. Screwing Lebron would make my day. I'd be very happy if he left the Cavs. F uck a Lebron. Fu ck Dan Gilbert. and F uck the media for swingin from their balls.

I like the heros and goats list. You forgot Brewer. Absolute HERO. Show him love. John Wall too. My dude is nice.

I am quite disappointed by Carlisle. I'd put him down as the biggest disappointment. Whether Rajon has lost it or not, he didn't give him a chance to succeed and it drove Rajon crazy. His ego was too big to be used so poorly. In reality, it was DIRK who screwed that team. He was ATROCIOUS. Even when he scored points, he made Chandler and everyone look terrible on D. They were covering for him like crazy all over the court and they still had to try to play him like he is a star. Dirk is done. He needs to come off the bench for 20-25 minutes and only play when he is going up against Mehmet Okur (oh wait...) or Adrien Payne. Dirk was just trash and moved like his legs were shackled. They ate him alive. Carlisle made NO adjustments to cover for him.

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

I strongly agree the Mavericks need to resign to the fact that Dirk isn't Duncan, who for all we know is still 25 years old and could play for another five years. Ever since breaking up that title team (a move I supported at the time, but it didn't work out), the Mavs have successfully built a playoff level team year after year with short term deals, but have been unable to land an elite player and now have been stuck in the mud for 4 years. The good with that approach is they have always left the door open for significant moves. The bad is they have been unable to win and expectations usually rise faster than a team can keep up with (which is why I'm so puzzled people out there give Flip such an easy time for his POBO work).

Everyone notable on that team is a free agent this summer. It will be interesting down here. Hard to see them tanking while Dirk is still around but they sort of have to. Personally, I hope they just pay Dirk to go around and yell at all of the road crews down here that have made the entire metro area look like a chapter of Stephen King's The Stand for the past 5 years. Post Apocalyptic wasteland, I tell you.

-- Edited by WallyWorld on Tuesday 5th of May 2015 10:13:14 AM

#RIPFlip

Date:

WallyWorld wrote:

I strongly agree the Mavericks need to resign to the fact that Dirk isn't Duncan, who for all we know is still 25 years old and could play for another five years. Ever since breaking up that title team (a move I supported at the time, but it didn't work out), the Mavs have successfully built a playoff level team year after year with short term deals, but have been unable to land an elite player and now have been stuck in the mud for 4 years. The good with that approach is they have always left the door open for significant moves. The bad is they have been unable to win and expectations usually rise faster than a team can keep up with (which is why I'm so puzzled people out there give Flip such an easy time for his POBO work).

Everyone notable on that team is a free agent this summer. It will be interesting down here. Hard to see them tanking while Dirk is still around but they sort of have to. Personally, I hope they just pay Dirk to go around and yell at all of the road crews down here that have made the entire metro area look like a chapter of Stephen King's The Stand for the past 5 years. Post Apocalyptic wasteland, I tell you.

-- Edited by WallyWorld on Tuesday 5th of May 2015 10:13:14 AM

A prime candidate to take on Bennett's contract! Re-build with a number 1 pick! 

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

Yeah, Dirk definitely should come off the bench. I was thinking the same thing during that series - he was such a liability on D, it was bad. This is why he should never be compared historically with Garnett. Ever. There are two sides on the court.

Good sentiments about Carlisle and Rondo. I have long considered Carlisle a Top 5 coach in the league, but the Mavs 1st round performance was way weak. Of course, Parsons being out didn't help, but still, he is like a 4th best player on a team anyway, that shouldn't matter that much.

D. Rose and the Bulls were BALLIN last night!! LeBron looked bad. 3 more wins!

And yes, Brewer should always be on the hero list. And Wall is a stud too. Suddenly it is undebateable that Wall > Lillard, Dragic, Lowry, Rondo, Current Parker, basically anyone outside of Curry/Westbrook/Irving/Paul.

Date:

Can someone explain to me why Thibs is always on the hot seat in Chicago? What is the history of the bad blood with management? Woj dropped something today on the subject, and people always talk about it, but the context has been lost over the years. Aside from clearly overworking players a la Saunders, what is the deal? Wouldn't just about any team out there do cartwheels if he was their coach?

Someone explain.

In the Woj piece, it did mention the Hoiberg stuff. I GUARANF*CKINGTEE another team gets him (or someone else like Billups, Malone, etc.) because Flip offers him a "coach in waiting" title for 2 years or something stupid like that that is laughed off immediately by said candidate (not unlike the Chicago group who wanted to buy the team from Taylor but only if he could train them and contractually keep the country club intact or some *hit)

-- Edited by WallyWorld on Tuesday 5th of May 2015 01:42:26 PM

#RIPFlip

Date:

BonK wrote:

Yeah, Dirk definitely should come off the bench. I was thinking the same thing during that series - he was such a liability on D, it was bad. This is why he should never be compared historically with Garnett. Ever. There are two sides on the court.

Good sentiments about Carlisle and Rondo. I have long considered Carlisle a Top 5 coach in the league, but the Mavs 1st round performance was way weak. Of course, Parsons being out didn't help, but still, he is like a 4th best player on a team anyway, that shouldn't matter that much.

D. Rose and the Bulls were BALLIN last night!! LeBron looked bad. 3 more wins!

And yes, Brewer should always be on the hero list. And Wall is a stud too. Suddenly it is undebateable that Wall > Lillard, Dragic, Lowry, Rondo, Current Parker, basically anyone outside of Curry/Westbrook/Irving/Paul.

Well what the hell happened to Lowry? My man was garbage... Hard to watch. 

Date:

Speaking of really bad defense, and Round #1 goats, my apologies for initially forgetting to include Brook Lopez' name. That guy is more immobile than Nathan Jawai, I swear. If I were the Hawks I would've run Horford pick & rolls or isolations to death. Everytime they did it was so easy. I would not want Brook Lopez on my team. He has the agility of Yao Ming. Not Yao Ming in his prime, Yao Ming today, like right now, is as agile as Lopez. It's unbelievable. What a liability. He makes Tim Mosgov look like a ballerina. He makes Ian Mahimi look like Derrick Rose in his rookie year. He George Muresan look like Usain Bolt.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us