Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Playoffs Round 2! FIGHT!

Date:
RE: Playoffs Round 2! FIGHT!

Of course Green did it on purpose. I already don't like him (but I hope the Wolves max him).

Brewer, Kemp, Conley, Cassell, Artest... those are novelty players, right?! Kind of. I have always been close to adding Earvin Johnson to my third team (not the Magic guy).

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

DaddyFatSax wrote:

Tony Allen. After this playoffs I have vaulted him into the DFS All time favorites second team. He joins Kidd, Brewer, Rodman, and Hakeem. First team (if you cared) is The Glove, Artest, Pippen, KG, Sheed. Third team is Sam Cassell, MJ, Pierce, Shawn Kemp, and Dikembe/Ben Wallace (can't ever decide).

I cannot wait for the Cavs to keep losing. So few of their players make me feel what I feel when Brewer drives coast to coast out of control for a charge. JR Smith, maybe Shump. Nobody else. I think Kevin Love might actually be my third favorite player on that team! that is how whack they are to me.

P.S. Imagine your favorite player playing against my first team? Jesus. Just a nightmare. 

-- Edited by DaddyFatSax on Wednesday 6th of May 2015 01:56:10 PM

I really enjoyed reading the All Daddy Teams.  Those 1st and 3rd teams would be some of the loudest most talkative teams in the history of the game. Glove, Ron Ron, KG, and Sheed on the same squad?  Sign me up.  Cassell, Jordan, and Pierce on the perimeter? Wow, that would be a game of epic trash talking.  I would love, LOVE, to watch these 3 teams play each other. Even if it was each guy as they are right now, it would be so awesome.  Now I'm going to have to think of my teams sometime soon, Very cool idea. I would love to see everyones.

Date:

Yeah you are right, plenty of novelty players there that I actually just didn't think of as novelty. Sheed is absolutely Novelty at least nowadays. Who is the best novelty player now? Kaman? Turkoglu? Adiean Payne? Shved?

I like that all of these 2nd round series are 1-1. "The most unpredictable playoffs ever" have been extremely predictable thus far. And injury riddled. Now Wall's hand is busted up, probably from receiving too many lightning quick passes 19 feet from the basket. Certainly Wittman's fault.

-- Edited by WallyWorld on Thursday 7th of May 2015 04:37:03 PM

#RIPFlip

Date:

TurkeyGlue is soooo washed!! Did you see him lose that jump ball to JET last night? Hilarious. He is beyond done. Also hilarious was when Kevin Harlan said, "These guys are a combined 73 years old" and neither he nor Reggie could keep their composure without laughing.

Date:

I'll need to see folks' all time favorite teams soon.

It is terrible that GMs sign scrubs like washed up Turkey Glue while perfectly capable role players languish in the D league or elsewhere. Hedo does not belong in the NBA anymore. A joke.

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

I mean, Metta World Peace is younger than Turkey Glue! Truly astonishing he is in the league but Metta is not. 'Glu also has a perfectly flat back of his head.

My all-time team with maybe 15 seconds of thought behind it:
PG - Cassell
SG - Anthony Morrow
SF - Bill Curley
PF - KG
C - Mark Blount

6th Man: Turkoglu

-- Edited by WallyWorld on Friday 8th of May 2015 09:50:06 AM

#RIPFlip

Date:

Your team is almost a Favorite All Time Timberwolves team!

Which should go: Cassell, Peeler, KG, Gary Trent, Big Earvin

Date:

It's funny because Peeler is really the only option at the 2. Hassell? Just gross. A reminder of McHale apathy. It is astonishing he was the starting Wolves 2 for FOUR SEASONS. Is this shocking to anyone else?! Not enough longevity with anyone else and the Martin era has few/no positive memories even though he is probably the Wolves' 2nd best 2 ever behind Sprewell. Wiggins needs more time and a run on a good team.

I'll take Blizz Blount over most anyone, even Kandi Man. Too hilarious. Just jacking up long 2's, generally looking and probably being baked out of his mind every game, scoring like 15 in the first quarter of every game and then generating zero statistical contributions the remaining three quarters. That one dude who used to post here making a rap song about him with a chorus hook of "I'm Mark Blount, I swear to God I'm Funkkkkkeeeeyyy." The fact that McHale was able to trade him and trash to the Heat for a 1st round pick (whut), and then Kahn traded for him again in a salary dump years later. They should really replace Flip with Blount.

#RIPFlip

Date:

Blount was the worst. I don't think I've ever seen such an apathetic player. Sad, really, cuz he was such a money shooter. He had a lot of talent. Man, I hate that guy.

We are getting off the subject at hand, but my All-Time Wolves Team:

PG - 98 Marbury, 13 Rubio, 04 Cassell (Sorry 08 Telfair, 98 Porter, 91 Richardson, and 00 Jackson...too many likeable PG's)
SG - 04 Sprewell, 97 Robinson, 08 Jaric
SF - 04 Hassell, 15 Muhammad, 07 Davis
PF - 04 Garnett, 96 Mitchell, 97 Gugliotta
C- 97 Garrett, 05 Olowokandi, 02 Smith
Coach - 04 Saunders, 09 McHale, 91 Mussellman
GM - N/A
Owner - N/A
Mascot - Air Crunch
Cheerleaders - The inaugural team, 1990
Fans - Bill Biese, Jessie Ventura, Kirby Puckett
Announcers - Kevin Harlan, Trent Tucker, Michael Thompson

Date:

You flame my personal role model Mark Blount and then put Kandi man and Ricky Davis on the list?! Now THAT is Rich!!!!!!!! By the way, this whole thing caused me to go down a BBall Ref Rabbit Hole and I see that Blount and Kandi Man were traded for each other, and Antoine Walker was involved in two trades that involved those guys and Jaric, and several other just spectacular forgotten Wolves. I wish this team still had that sort of "likable idiot" characteristic instead of downright stupidity that incites feelings of pure dread and hopelessness with Flip continuing to get farther and farther away from firable.

Has anyone gotten a call from a ticket rep? I got one to start my day yesterday. Was nice and said I moved out of state (as I have told the ticket folks no less than 10 times over the years) but when she asked me for any referrals I said "everyone I talk to can't support a team with Flip in charge." I felt bad, but it felt good at the same time.

Great read bonk. Air Crunch reference a plus. Baby Crunch is good too. I'd say the guy who has been walking around the arena with a hoop on his back for 20 years should get a nod too. And Hollywood Robinson!!! Man....

-- Edited by WallyWorld on Friday 8th of May 2015 12:05:50 PM

#RIPFlip

Date:

Man, Bonk brought it BACK! Way back. Bonk, now that I think of it, Bobby Jackson was my favorite guard for a year or two when he was at his peak. I used to be obsessed with him and Darryl Armstrong. I should probably replace Cassell with Bobby Jax. Either one.

It is inexcusable to mention the long line of elite wings Wally and to not mention Marko. I hope there is a reality show one day with Mark Blount, Marko, and Glen Davis.

Date:

What do you even say about the Rockets? Goodness. Just a joke. I really do think the Spurs sharpened the Clippers too much for the Rockets. They are a good regular season team but the Clippers have another playoff gear from so many years of sharpening their skills against the best. While I didn't think it would be this bad I am surprised so many people picked the Rockets. Harden is always just "eh" in the playoffs. Howard is very good again but not Shaq or Hakeem. They are just overwhelmed.

Unexpected awesomeness from the Grizzle. Take it from em...

Damn Lebron, screwing my Bulls. I'm hopeful still.

Is there a better winner at life than Paul Pierce?

«First  <  1 2 3 4  >  Last»  | Page of 4  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us