Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: 2015 NBA Finals

Date:
2015 NBA Finals

Who do you guys got?

I have Warriors in 7.

Even though I think the Warriors are significantly better than the Cavs, I just don't see them winning easily. They are too inexperienced and rely too much on jumpers.  Kyrie and LeBron will likely be more healthy than they have been in weeks.  Despite what everyone else thinks, I think Blatt is a very good coach and with a full week to prepare the Cavs D will slow the Warriors O down more than people expect.  I predict the home teams split each of the 1st 4 games, and after that the home teams wins the last 3. 

Finals MVP:  Gotta go with Curry. 

Darkhorse Studs of the Series:  Harry Barnes, Andrew Bogut, Iman Shumpert.

My Bets: Warriors in 6 and Warriors in 7.

Alternate Ending:  LeBron finds his jumper, Kyrie feels healthy, and the Cavs jump on the Warriors to start the series and win in 6 games.

Date:

Could go either way and should be a great series. It's not like either side is more polished for a finals run than the other. Two rookie coaches (first time since the league's first year). I'm not sure anyone can stop LeBron but the same is true of Curry/Klay. I say Warriors in 6.

True or False: if Love were healthy, the Cavs would be in the Finals.

#RIPFlip

Date:

Cavs in 7!

Date:

Warriors in 6. Don't care for either.

I hope Kyrie is healthy. Curry has had it so easy. A hobbled Mike Conley gave him a fight, but he has yet to be tested. I want the 55 point version of Kyrie to face him.

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

DaddyFatSax wrote:

Warriors in 6. Don't care for either.

I hope Kyrie is healthy. Curry has had it so easy. A hobbled Mike Conley gave him a fight, but he has yet to be tested. I want the 55 point version of Kyrie to face him.

Well, your wish is over.

Maybe they can sign Johnny Flynn to give Curry a challenge in the final 3 games of the series.

Date:

asterisk ring.

No way this amount of injury to opponents coupled with GS's amazing health is normal in the playoffs. Asterisk. Let's see what they do with a healthy Thunder team, Non exhausted Clipper team (from playing the Spurs), and most importantly, a healthy Cavs (which I think beat them).

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

Current burning questions:

Are the Cavs suddenly a team to pull for? Is the narrative of LeBron going back to Cleveland and getting a title for that city while the primadonnas are on the sidelines sort of appealing? Did the refs totally try to rob the Cavs of a win last night? How much will Phil Saunders offer Dellevedova this offseason? Will Curry ever shoot that poorly again?

Say what you will about the Cavs, but it is going to be very difficult to ever talk s hit about LeBron again if he wins a title for Cleveland with cross eyed Tristan Thompson, a man who requires no further explanation in JR Smith, an NBA Blogger who landed a contract in Dellevedova, a player who, if he plays more than 6 minutes, fakes an injury so he can go back to the bench and throw in a Grizzly (M. Miller), James Jones' cadaver, a guy with a 4 foot flat top, and the guy Kahn wanted to sign instead of Pekovic and everyone violently made fun of him (Mosgov). It is a lot easier to appreciate James when he is actually the underdog, even if the Cavs' offense is about 90% isolation (what else could they do I suppose?). So, I'll give LeBron the nod for now, though will go back to hating the Cavs and the side show that team is when everybody is healthy next year and the usual ball washing continues. Thus far, I think the ball washing is deserved.

Two classics to start it. But Curry is going to heat up now. Warriors in 6.

-- Edited by WallyWorld on Monday 8th of June 2015 09:55:38 AM

#RIPFlip

Date:

Fu ck both those teams. Fu ck these finals. The Wolves, led by Towns and Bjelica, will destroy both of them next year.

Date:

I really enjoyed that post, WallyWorld. Your descriptions of Cleveland's cast of characters was spot on. Even though I like the Warriors more as a whole, I found myself kind of rooting for the Cavs last night too, which felt odd. I think a big part of it is wanting the series to be competitive and historical and extend past 4-5 games, but still... now it's kind of like the Warriors are the finesse front-runners, and the Cavs are the plucky underdogs. And I generally like rough & tumble teams a lot more than finesse teams too.

I almost fell off my couch when Mike Miller went in. I LOL'd when one of the announcers said he was writhing in pain, and the other one (can't remember who) said, "He has been writhing in pain for the last several years of his career". I can't believe The Matrix is so washed that he still never gets in the game.

I also must say, I have the utmost respect for Matt Dellavedova. That dude comes through huge in the biggest moments. He was pretty money in both the Bulls and Hawks series (wayyy better than an undrafted 2nd year player should ever be), and the way he played last night was unreal. He is one of those guys who has intangibles that you can't measure (see: Rubio, Ricky). Now because of the media hype machine he may turn from underrated to overrated almost overnight, but the dude was one of the most key players on the floor last night, especially on D, but in the clutch on O as well. I gotta respect the hustle. And the smarts, balls, and toughness. I really do.

Date:

In the Murphy household, we have been anti-Cavs and anti-LeBron. For some reason I found myself rooting for LeBron in Game 2. When asked why, all I could come up with is that it was intriguing to see if he could elevate to a level to carry his team to victory with Love and now Kyrie out. I think the other element was how tough the game was. I always love the absolute battles of the Finals, and there was something intriguing about how the Cavs were able to hold down the Warriors at home. Plus, it was fun to see that we now have a series. No idea if I will root for them in game 3, but it was fun to see what Mozgov, James and Delly were doing for one night in the bay.

-----

Now, for my favorite Finals game ever!

On This Day In History: LARRY BIRD, MVP X 2
On June 8, 1986, Bird already had the regular-season MVP trophy and wrapped up the Finals MVP with a 29-point, 11-rebound, 12-assist performance vs. the Rockets, leading Boston to a 114-97 win and the franchise's 16th title.

Date:

Stephen Curry pauses his dribble and LeBron soccer slides him to the ground. Lose ball. GS foul. I feel like I'm watching SacTo v Lakers.

Should have been yellow card.

Date:

Tod Murphy wrote:

In the Murphy household, we have been anti-Cavs and anti-LeBron. For some reason I found myself rooting for LeBron in Game 2. When asked why, all I could come up with is that it was intriguing to see if he could elevate to a level to carry his team to victory with Love and now Kyrie out. I think the other element was how tough the game was. I always love the absolute battles of the Finals, and there was something intriguing about how the Cavs were able to hold down the Warriors at home. Plus, it was fun to see that we now have a series. No idea if I will root for them in game 3, but it was fun to see what Mozgov, James and Delly were doing for one night in the bay.

-----

Now, for my favorite Finals game ever!

On This Day In History: LARRY BIRD, MVP X 2
On June 8, 1986, Bird already had the regular-season MVP trophy and wrapped up the Finals MVP with a 29-point, 11-rebound, 12-assist performance vs. the Rockets, leading Boston to a 114-97 win and the franchise's 16th title.

That's exactly it. The last five years of his career the guy has ensured his team is nothing short of stacked to the brims and took the easy way out, all the while being the subject of deep, steel-wool ball scrubbing from the national media. You just got sick of the guy. Now, we have the makings of something slightly likable, but only temporarily. How can you not like DellaBarea diving to the ground every other possessions and getting hammered by about 12 knees? The guy looks like he rode his bike to the game from Uptown Minneapolis while downing a hand crafted artisan kale smoothie and a PBR Tallboy. I love his facial expressions on the slow motion replays as he dives for loose balls. What about predicting when "stinky"  Mike Miller will fake his next injury? JR Smith acting like a lovable basketball idiot (maybe not that, he is the worst on the court)? And, after 6 straight months of being worshipped by fan, media and those violently obsessed with "the Modern NBA", the Warriors are finally facing a challenge and are being humbled a bit. The Green/Curry theatrics and tantrum celebrations got old, and now they are growing up a little bit. They need it. Once Love is back with the Cavs and pouting and being a run of the mill narcissist, we can go back to hating Cleveland.

I kind of don't really want either team to win. Truly rooting for Cleveland because of a little adversity feels gross, but that's really the only choice. Golden State is fun, but they are going to be around for the next 6 years and will be easy to get sick of rather soon. Plus the Kerr/Curry/Klay/Joe Lacob ball washing rivals Pop and LeBron in it's ass kissiness. But I do feel for the beaten down sports market in Cleveland. I hope people pull for Minny when LaVine/Wiggins/Porzingis are winning the west in two years. The Bay Area is the new Boston. Meh

-- Edited by WallyWorld on Wednesday 10th of June 2015 11:16:20 AM

#RIPFlip

1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us