Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: 2015 NBA Finals

Date:
RE: 2015 NBA Finals

Naw, Lebron is right. This is not high quality finals and he knows it. 2008 Celtics would beat this team. 2009 & 2010 Lakers would beat them. 2011 Mavs would beat them. both Miami teams would beat this team. Last year's Spurs would beat them. I can't imagine this Warriors team winning if things turned out differently health-wise across the league. Maybe advanced stats disagree, but I can't imagine they do. Iggy and Curry are both playing very well, but not great. Outside of that there is nothing impressive going on.

by the way, Dellavadova continues to be a dirty bitch. He pulled Draymond Green to the ground by his arm in a MORE dangerous way than Olynyk did to Love. Fukc him.

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

Agreed. The fact that GS won a finals with Curry playing average (for him) and Klay playing like **** says all you need to know about the quality of the series. Add the last 2-3 Thunder teams to the lists of squads that would have beaten GS.

Date:

All that sh*t I talked and I still must admit the Warriors team could be building a little dynasty of their own. Curry, Green, and Klay get it now. Igoudala isn't getting younger and has already lost explosiveness so you can't expect him to get better but those three will all get better in the playoffs. The Thunder and others have their work cut out for them. I expect them to be an even better team next year.

The important things in life, however, rest in voting for the all-playoff defensive team (you all know that's all I really care about). I got this:

Tony Allen, Igoudala, and Jimmy Buckets on the wings switching everything. Can you imagine trying to score against that? Draymond and Jordan down low. Sixth man is Mozgod. He played really great defense and took me by surprise. I hate to leave off Noah. I hope he has a bounce back year.

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

I'm with you on that All-D team. If you had to put a PG on that team who is the guy?

Date:

Also, Iggy 7 Finals MVP votes, LeBron 4 MVP votes, Curry 0?! Does anyone else find this ridiculous??

Date:

BonK wrote:

Also, Iggy 7 Finals MVP votes, LeBron 4 MVP votes, Curry 0?! Does anyone else find this ridiculous??

It is like they penalized Curry for not going as buckwild as we'd hoped. Seems preposterous.

Date:

I don't know what the criteria are supposed to be with those votes. the language of "most valuable player" is strategically ambiguous. Means whatever the media want it to be that year. Clearly the award is supposed to mean "best performer on the best team." Lebron is ruled out in that regard. Doesn't matter that he is the best player on the court.

Don't need a "pg" for my all defensive team. Basketball stipulates you have five players on the court. They are switching everything anyway. After saying that I actually change my vote to replace Deandre Jordan with Lebron. Tony Allen, Igoudala, Jimmy Buckets, Draymond, and Lebron. That team would hold you to 50 points every game. Switch almost everything. Front the big men, live with giving up offensive rebounds.

Date:

DaddyFatSax wrote:

I don't know what the criteria are supposed to be with those votes. the language of "most valuable player" is strategically ambiguous. Means whatever the media want it to be that year. Clearly the award is supposed to mean "best performer on the best team." Lebron is ruled out in that regard. Doesn't matter that he is the best player on the court.

Don't need a "pg" for my all defensive team. Basketball stipulates you have five players on the court. They are switching everything anyway. After saying that I actually change my vote to replace Deandre Jordan with Lebron. Tony Allen, Igoudala, Jimmy Buckets, Draymond, and Lebron. That team would hold you to 50 points every game. Switch almost everything. Front the big men, live with giving up offensive rebounds.

I know, and I agree about no need for a PG on an all-D team, but was curious who your all-D PG would be from the playoffs anyway...

LeBron USED to be very good at D (remember him shutting down D. Rose in that one playoffs?).  He hasn't shown me that lately though. Not at all.

Date:

I ended up watching the game at TC Huberts with co-workers, each of whom were Philly, Bay Area, and Cleveland residents. The best meet the worst. Anyhow, Cleveland guy told a story of him and a group of buddies went to a quiet bar in Cleveland to watch March Madness earlier this year. In walks David Blatt by himself. He proceeds to sit at their table and spend the afternoon watching the tourney with some random Cleveland old timers. He thought Russell was the best player in the draft, but didn't get too many other stories. Thought that was cool of Blatt. He really got a raw deal in Cleveland. Seems like he could be a really good coach if he had some sway with his personnel. It was very nice of Flip to offer him an assistant coaching job so he could learn from the best.

-- Edited by WallyWorld on Friday 19th of June 2015 12:42:12 PM

#RIPFlip

Date:

Yea, I like Blatt simply for the defense that team played in the playoffs. I don't know if he is a good offensive coach because I believe the nonsense about your boy Lebron being an arrogant as$hole who wants to run everything.

Lebron was still very good defensively this series man. I'm pretty sure at this point it's effort related because of how much energy he expends on offense (and he's old now). He defends about everyone on the court adequately, other than the MovGods, Marc Gasols, and Stanley Johnsons.

I wonder what the numbers say about Curry's defense Bonk. He seemed to be playing very well on that end against Houston at times. He has improved a lot. I'd much rather put Conley or Chris Paul on the defensive playoff team.

«First  <  1 2 3 | Page of 3  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us