Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: 2015 Offseason Player movement

Date:
RE: 2015 Offseason Player movement

DaddyFatSax wrote:
wolfenstein wrote:

The Lakers are trying to sneak into the playoffs with ancient Kobe, DAR, and a hodgepodge of guys including Brandon Bass and Roy Hibbert. I am so confused as to their plan, no wonder LMA went to San Antonio. I mean, besides the fact that is the best chance for him to win a championship.

Oh man, Sweet Lou Williams and now Brandon Bass? Why? I went on Silverscreenandroll.com just now after reading your post. Some of the fans there think that team is going to fight for the playoffs. What a mess of a team. The Knicks, Sixers, and Celtics (the other big market terrible teams) have clear plans, I think. The Lakers are just doing something random every other week. Why do they think Randle is some star already? Dude was drafted 7th (or close to it). He might turn into a high end role player or even a star, but he will not be good this year. he will be a rookie coming off a huge leg injury. 

Just a mess. Kobe's shadow is just too dark. What star wants to go be the best player but second banana and whipping boy playing along side Kobe? Hibbert just seems like the worst possible personality to be with Kobe. Roy's confidence will be under 10% by December.

Date:

I continue to be fascinated by the Knicks and the Lakers. It's so refreshing to watch them flounder and their giant egos take a hit. I'm sorry, but it's true.

The Lopez brothers will be living together in New York making over $33 million a year. You cannot make this up.

I agree that I am surprised Cleveland is so set on keeping their role players (although I assume they will let JR walk). I mean, LeBron won 2 game v/ Golden State, Atlanta was terrible, and they also beat the Celtics. I guess the Bulls series win was somewhat impressive. Thompson was solid, but $16 milly?! Oh yeah, he is James' boy and they share the same agent. Understood.

Amir Johnson 12 million. Wes Mathews $15 million coming off an Achilles tear?! The Knicks giving Lopez big money and signing Derrick Williams aaahahahHAHAHAHAHAHA. Derrick Williams in the triangle AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

D'Andre to Dallas hurts the Clippers a lot more than it helps Dallas, if that makes sense. Dallas is probably still slightly above average, but not even close to great. The Clippers definitely got worse, as they have like 0 big guys aside from Blake now. The Blazers totally fell apart. That is 3 playoff teams right there. Granted the Clips and Mavs will still probably be playoff teams this year.  Actually, the more I think about it, maybe Dallas won't. They don't have much for real star power, and they also have no depth, or a PG.

Let me say it one more time: Derrick Williams in the triangle!!!

-- Edited by BonK on Monday 6th of July 2015 12:08:37 PM

Date:

Mavs are the inverse Wolves in the regular season. If you look at a Mavs roster and thing they have 42 wins they probably have 52. A Wolves team with an apparent 40 win team actually has 25.

No love for the Clippers but when they add a star next year while the Lakers fill in again with crap it is going to be great.

Date:

Clippers are chasing McGee to fix their middle. muhahahahaha!

For Flip! RIP Them Up!

4Flip Them The Bird!

Date:

Fu cking David West. Vet min? Come on man... I DO NOT LIKE THE SPURS. Yet, David West is easily in my top 20 favorite players because he beats the sh it out of people on the court. Don't make me root for that god damn team.

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

I was shocked when I saw that West move! Great, fantastic pickup for the Spurs. Yes, West is one of the toughest dudes in the league. I've always liked him. Having him coming off the bench?! And for the minimum?! What a luxury, wow.

Your Guy JJ Barea signed with the Mavs for 2 more years.

I forgot to mention earlier what I think is the biggest steal of Free Agency so far... Pat Beverly for like $5 milly a year back to Houston. Steal.

Date:

That has to be one of the biggest pay cuts taken by choice.

Others I can think of:
Karl Malone went to the Lakers and Sir Charles went to the Rockets on cheap deals but

Date:

Enjoyed reading through this thread. I completely agree with Bonk on the Mavs/DAJ: hurts the Clips more than it helps Dallas. Dallas doesn't have a point guard! DAJ w/Jeremy Lin, potentially, instead of Chris Paul?! Yeah. Ok. Matthews is a terrific 2 man but he is coming off a major knee injury and that will take a full season to get over unless he Westbrooks it. Dirk will continue to decline. Not a playoff team in my opinion. Just not enough fresh legs or firepower.

The Kings this summer remind me EXACTLY of the Kahn/Kirlenko/recently hired veteran coach/sign aging star/trade picks and young players for cap room summer. That ended in disaster, obviously, but for injury reasons. But I respect that they are trying. That franchise is the only one that has genuinely been more hopeless than the Wolves over the last 10 years. Might as well shoot for the moon. Rondo and Cousins will either be a match made in heaven or a total disaster.

Overall rhetoric that is mostly accurate but I am sick of:
-Every time the Warriors or Spurs make a move/pick/trade/hiring, even if it is underwhelming or meh, the collective ball washing or gushing that follows.
-On the contrary, every time the Kings make a move, EVEN IF IT'S OK!!!! (for example, Bellinelli/Koufos...like, pretty good pickups for Karl, no?), the hyperbolic slander that follows.

Other thoughts:
-Knicks/Lakers. You guys covered it.
-Chandler to Phoenix feels odd. Like the Wolves signing Kevin Martin NOW. He is pretty close to becoming bench fodder in my opinion. Big over 30....risky. Not worried about Phoenix
-Portland a telling example of how quick a team can fall from grace. Wow. That will take a few years to recover from. They effed up getting NOTHING for their guys. Firable. Dallas and Mem next?
-The east didn't get any stronger.

#RIPFlip

Date:

WallyWorld wrote:

Enjoyed reading through this thread. I completely agree with Bonk on the Mavs/DAJ: hurts the Clips more than it helps Dallas. Dallas doesn't have a point guard! DAJ w/Jeremy Lin, potentially, instead of Chris Paul?! Yeah. Ok. Matthews is a terrific 2 man but he is coming off a major knee injury and that will take a full season to get over unless he Westbrooks it. Dirk will continue to decline. Not a playoff team in my opinion. Just not enough fresh legs or firepower.

The Kings this summer remind me EXACTLY of the Kahn/Kirlenko/recently hired veteran coach/sign aging star/trade picks and young players for cap room summer. That ended in disaster, obviously, but for injury reasons. But I respect that they are trying. That franchise is the only one that has genuinely been more hopeless than the Wolves over the last 10 years. Might as well shoot for the moon. Rondo and Cousins will either be a match made in heaven or a total disaster.

Overall rhetoric that is mostly accurate but I am sick of:
-Every time the Warriors or Spurs make a move/pick/trade/hiring, even if it is underwhelming or meh, the collective ball washing or gushing that follows.
-On the contrary, every time the Kings make a move, EVEN IF IT'S OK!!!! (for example, Bellinelli/Koufos...like, pretty good pickups for Karl, no?), the hyperbolic slander that follows.

Other thoughts:
-Knicks/Lakers. You guys covered it.
-Chandler to Phoenix feels odd. Like the Wolves signing Kevin Martin NOW. He is pretty close to becoming bench fodder in my opinion. Big over 30....risky. Not worried about Phoenix
-Portland a telling example of how quick a team can fall from grace. Wow. That will take a few years to recover from. They effed up getting NOTHING for their guys. Firable. Dallas and Mem next?
-The east didn't get any stronger.

Oh I guess you're not counting the draft because the Pistons got Stanley Johnson. 

I didn't see the Kings got Kosta Couscous. Great 3 man rotation with him, Boogie, and WCS. Is Collison healthy? That is certainly not a bad team and probably much better than the Wolves IF, IF, IF chemistry works out. 

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

Right. They added some nice pieces and should be a lot better next year. Certainly not a playoff team. And there is that little tidbit that Rondo has been generally below average and constantly injured for about 4 years now, so yeah. I would bet more on it not working out well and the signings are more to placate Karl, and these types of short sighted moves tend to have very little payoff, but at least they are taking a swing at it instead of more years of drafting Stauskas/Thompson/McLemore types while attracting zero free agents.

#RIPFlip

Date:

But didn't the Kings have to pay Bella 6 milly a year and Doufus 8 milly a year? Koufus especially seems like an overpay. I actually think Bella is underrated though. And didn't the Grizz get B. Wright to replace Doufus, but for cheaper? I like that change.

Totally agree on Tyson Chandler to Phx. He doesn't do much for me and neither does that team.

I bet Dave West and the Spurs have an understanding that they will have much more $ available next year and will be able to resign him for more money. That seems to make sense for both sides. Of course, if it was Glen Failure they would have to write it out in a hidden contract, but since it's the Spurs its just known without being said outright. Oh, sorry Wally, I guess I'm doing it too! Really though, Dave West for the minimum?! Heist.

How has no one on here mentioned K. Love's nudie pix on ESPN the Magazine's The Body Issue yet?!?

Date:

It is a heist for sure, but I GUARANTEE if the Spurs would have signed Rondo for the exact same contract as the Kings did, or even, say, traded for KG or dumped a vet for a pair of sadsack 2nd rounders in 5 years, people would be worshipping Pops junk all the same. it doesn't matter what they do or who they sign, people will go out of their way to bend the knee to the guy multiple times per day as if he is the Lord Allah. Same with Steve Kerr and the Warriors, just like when they drafted Kevon Looney and everyone went berserk. It is all true of course, but it gets old.

#RIPFlip

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6 710  >  Last»  | Page of 10  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us