Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Mock GM Fantasy Basketball League

Date:
Mock GM Fantasy Basketball League

I joined this new GM league. It's fantasy basketball but exactly like the real NBA, you pick a team and have all the real player salaries etc. There is draft/free agency/trades/etc. The league was just created so nothing has happened yet. Here are some key dates:

Sat. July 11 - Deadline to decide player options

Sun. July 12 - NBA Draft

Sun. August 2 - Free Agency Begins

10 people have joined already, so it's looking solid. Honestly I don't know if it will pan out, but if you're interested you can join now and see how it goes. If it falls apart, no harm done since it's free. Ideally it will fill completely up and be awesome. Here's the link if you are interested:

http://paspn.net/MockGM/NBA/LeagueHQ.aspx?leagueid=6622&seasonid=59&leaguepage=Home

-- Edited by roundhouse on Tuesday 7th of July 2015 10:28:45 PM

Date:

I just joined that league as GM of the Rockets. I did that league one year like 6 years ago and it was pretty cool, so why not. Now I'm trying to figure out how the hell it works...

More TwolvesBlog dudes should join! Seems like it doesn't have to be time consuming at all if you don't want it to be.

Date:

BonK wrote:

I just joined that league as GM of the Rockets. I did that league one year like 6 years ago and it was pretty cool, so why not. Now I'm trying to figure out how the hell it works...

More TwolvesBlog dudes should join! Seems like it doesn't have to be time consuming at all if you don't want it to be.

Yea it seems to be better than last time. They automated a lot of the agent stuff. If anyone else wants to join, there's still plenty of teams left. 

So what are you going to trade me for your favorite player Chase Bonkinger? biggrin

Date:

Woohoo I successfully got rid of Bennett, Payne, Budinger, and Kevin Martin. Flip should be taking notes. And I traded for Anthony Davis!! Beast team.

Date:

Bonk you want Harrison Barnes? I know he's one of your favorite players. I want your draft pick.

Date:

Btw there's still time to get in on this league. The draft is going on for the rest of July (9 hours per pick) and it's currently on pick #8 so you haven't missed anything. Free agency starts in August. There's still 9 teams left. It's filling up fast because this league is part of contest for the site where you can win a copy of NBA2k16 just by participating.

Date:

I couldn't figure out how to look at the trades proposed to me.

I was also wondering about the drafting thing, so what you posted above helped me. Do you get some sort of email or notification when you are on the clock?

It is a cool league, I'm just having some trouble navigating the site. More people should definitely join!

Of course I want Harry Barnes. You are right that he is one of my irrational favorite players. I'm not giving up #18 for him though unless it's in a package!

Date:

BonK wrote:

I couldn't figure out how to look at the trades proposed to me.

I was also wondering about the drafting thing, so what you posted above helped me. Do you get some sort of email or notification when you are on the clock?

It is a cool league, I'm just having some trouble navigating the site. More people should definitely join!

Of course I want Harry Barnes. You are right that he is one of my irrational favorite players. I'm not giving up #18 for him though unless it's in a package!

Yea their website sucks balls. If you're on the desktop site, go to your team page and then click on "Transactions Manager". It will show all your active trades. For the draft, you can set a draft order so it will pick the player you want if you're not on during the 9 hour window you have to pick. Otherwise, I think you'll get an email when you're on the clock but I'm not sure about that.

Date:

Okay, thanks. That is helpful.

How is a guy trying to trade me Demarce Carroll, when he is a free agent? I'm confused....

Date:

BonK wrote:

Okay, thanks. That is helpful.

How is a guy trying to trade me Demarce Carroll, when he is a free agent? I'm confused....

Apparently you can trade free agents until free agency actually starts. You'd acquire his bird rights, which for a team that is going to be over the cap might actually be valuable depending on what you have to give up. Then again, you could lose him in free agency and end up with nothing. You could also use bad free agents to either gain or lose cap space quickly. They are expiring contracts on steroids.

-- Edited by roundhouse on Wednesday 15th of July 2015 05:32:00 PM

Date:

Still 6 teams left for anyone that wants to join.

Mavs
Grizzlies
Pelicans (They have Karl-Anthony Towns and Joakim Noah instead of Anthony Davis. Lol.)
Kings
Raptors
Wizards

-- Edited by roundhouse on Wednesday 15th of July 2015 05:30:00 PM

Date:

Sorry to keep asking questions, Roundhouse, but the site is kind of slow and I'm having trouble navigating it and finding some things...

How does the scoring work?

When free agency begins next month, how does that work? Like basically you make bids and that agent decides which one to take or what? Is there a mortitorium where you put all your bids in or is it just like a first come first serve type of thing?

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us