Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: 2015-2016 Training Camp & Preseason discussion

Date:
2015-2016 Training Camp & Preseason discussion

What the hell is going on with the Nets?

Derrick Rose... no

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

Those drills didn't help them stop jon vesely and the team from Istanbul

For Flip! RIP Them Up!

4Flip Them The Bird!

Date:

Pre-season games are starting to trickle in on NBA TV. Should be one every night for the foreseeable future. Wolves have two on NBATV which is great. I am ready for basketball to begin.

Rose will be fine. He seems to have the caught the Timberwolves curse.

#RIPFlip

Date:

WW, I hope you have been seeing my boy GR3 DOMINATING! Another good game last night from him, and against the Magic, the early favorite for having the best defense in the league (not true at all).

MORE impressive, ROY Stan Johnson is already the best player in Detroit, see his box score last night

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

Psshh. You like the rest of us wrote GR3 off as a wholly ordinary and replaceable player (he is, but I have serious doubts they couldn't have traded him with a bit more effort).

Don't forget Julius Randle being a combination of Lamar Odom and Zach Randolph (the sad thing, he probably will become that)

Or Anthony Bennett throwing down a dunk in traffic and creating a trillion irrational if statements from Raptors fans! (he rolled his ankle on the next play).

Or, according to Kurt Rambis, Porzingis being a combination of Dirk and Pau (he actually said this)!

I love the pre-season, even though watching it is not quenching any hoops thirst I may have whatsoever. Based on one game we think the season is done for our Wolves already (it is)

-- Edited by WallyWorld on Friday 9th of October 2015 11:07:12 AM

#RIPFlip

Date:

HAHAHA, you're right about GR3. I like him though. SOOOOOO much of players' development is about structures in place around them. GR3 might be put in a position to succeed. He has a great coach, an offense he can thrive in, and a GM who is apparently mandating the coaching staff develops him. Kind of like what Lavine and Wiggins have minus the great coach and offense...

Kurt Rambis is still coaching in the NBA...Think about that.

Date:

Yep. Exactly.

THINK of Curry growing up without Klay Thompson and instead playing next to Corey Brewer as a rookie coached by Kurt Rambis, and having to have his ankle treated by Lifetime Fitness trainers and Gregg Farnham with Kahn overseeing everything. Imagine it! He is probably a Randy Foye journeyman instead. I always fall back on that excuse.... even though Love and Curry are probably both still here.

Same thing could be said for Kawhi instead of Derrick Williams. Well, maybe that's a stretch because Adelman would have loved Kawhi but you get where I'm going there.

#RIPFlip

Date:

So what you're saying is that Ndubi Ebi wasn't a bust!? DUUUBI EBI!

Date:

That is actually kind of what I am saying. The turbulence and small roster limits really make it tough for slow learners to latch on. This is why having a true minor league system, as we are headed towards (everyone but the Wolves and a few others now have their own D League Team), may help bridge more gaps. While I think the D League can be useful, if not slightly overrated (SPURS NUTWASHING!!!) it only really will pay true dividends if they up the roster limit to 17 or 18. 15 is too small in my view and injury riddled teams like the Wolves face the issue of overplaying replacement guys and perpetuating the injury cycle as a result. That would cost the owners more of their piece of the revenue pie though, but the amount would be fairly negligible...maybe 60 million to carve out a few extra minimum slots for each team.

With enough patience and practice I think anyone with the kind of athletic gifts to be an above average NCAA Division 1 starter could probably work their way into at least a tiny NBA role with enough years of coaching and practice. Is that an insane comment?

#RIPFlip

Date:

WallyWorld wrote:

Yep. Exactly.

THINK of Curry growing up without Klay Thompson and instead playing next to Corey Brewer as a rookie coached by Kurt Rambis, and having to have his ankle treated by Lifetime Fitness trainers and Gregg Farnham with Kahn overseeing everything. Imagine it! He is probably a Randy Foye journeyman instead. I always fall back on that excuse.... even though Love and Curry are probably both still here.

Same thing could be said for Kawhi instead of Derrick Williams. Well, maybe that's a stretch because Adelman would have loved Kawhi but you get where I'm going there.

You are blowing my mind.  I can't decide if I agree or disagree with you.  I think Wes Johnson and Derrick Williams were doomed from the start. They are mental midgets. But then again, Wes Johnson drafted by the Spurs and allowed to practice and play as a 3 and D role player?  Yeah, that might've worked.  Derrick Williams no way.  Johnny Flynn? Randy Foye? Rashad McCants?  I think a case could be made.  Then again, look at B-Eazy. He was on a very functionable and well managed Heat team. Twice. Yet he couldn't figure out anything more than spurt scoring.  Oh wait, Foye did end up being a serviceable NBA player you say?  No he did not.  No. He. Did. Not. 

Date:

hahaha "mental midgets" hhahahah. Perfect descriptor of both

#RIPFlip

Date:

Bonk, it doesn't work for everyone. Clearly some cats just can't hang. What if Darius Miles went to...let's say the Mavericks instead. You don't think his life might be drastically different right now? I would say that MOST of the variance in the average NBA player's career is due to contextual variables - coaches, teammates, GM, offensive and defensive systems, injuries, etc.

1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us