Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: 2015-2016 Training Camp & Preseason discussion

Date:
RE: 2015-2016 Training Camp & Preseason discussion

If you want to hear a real coach discuss defense you can watch Kidd here. At 1:45 he yells to the wings that they better "keep him one way please. Keep him one way!" In other words, exactly what Sam Mitchell said NOT to do. He then goes into a strong session with Jabari Parker about hedging on PnR defense. His coaching is exactly what Flip is trying to use KG for. I actually think Flip knows that since KG refuses to coach this is the only way he can get him as a coach.

Anyway, Kidd is teaching, not talking down to them like kids. Unlike Sam who sounds exactly like the old school out of touch Black Dolemite that he is...I could watch Kidd coach all day. He is already a top 5 coach in the league. 

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

My crusade of GR3 vs. Lavine is tilting in GR3's favor. Here he is still hoopin! And Stan the man is even nice in an off game.

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

Really interesting article here on all of the behind the scenes stuff that wrecked the Hawks ownership and FO. If you like the insider Front Office type of stuff (cc: Bonk), you will really enjoy this.

By the way, TAKING ASIDE the obvious racially motivated sections, and perhaps some jackassian moments that were previously known, I actually walked away from that article with a BETTER viewpoint on Ferry than I had previously. The fact is, the guy knew what it would take for their organization to evolve into a championship contender and Ferry was willing to make the difficult decisions for that to happen. But, he was pushed back on by ownership forever entrenched in the past who refused to innovate and adapt. Now, the Hawks are in the best state they have ever been in in the history of the franchise.

NOW DOESN'T THIS SOUND OH SO F*CKING FAMILIAR. Remember when the Wolves could have had Dennis Lindsey but Taylor refused autonomy and the ability to can the Country Club? Good times.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/13457071/nba-how-atlanta-hawks-regime-fell-apart

-- Edited by WallyWorld on Wednesday 14th of October 2015 10:40:58 AM

#RIPFlip

«First  <  1 2 | Page of 2  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us