Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: The Fall

Date:
The Fall

Anyone else ever watch or hear of The Fall?  It's a BBC show that's on Netflix. We just finished up the 1st season after a strong recommendation from a friend. There are 2 seasons, each just 5 1 hour shows.  It was pretty damn good. I'm excited to watch Season #2.

The basic premise is this seemingly normal family man is actually a sociopath serial killer in his spare time. He is always after women that fit a certain profile, and he thinks there is this art to his whole procedure.  Gillian Anderson (yes, from X-Files) plays the lead cop administrator who is a serial killer expert and comes into town to track this dude down. She is so badass in this show. It takes place in Ireland. It's quite dark, but almost always interesting and very thrilling at times.  Very good production quality too, which I appreciate.  I recommend it.

Date:

Whoa cool, that sounds good. Definitely thanks for the heads up, I actually had never heard of it (believe it or not!)

Date:

Yeah I watched the first season a year or two ago and thought it was good. Short and sweet. The lead guy is the dude from Fifty Shades of Grey, which I have not seen and couldn't be paid to see.

#RIPFlip

Date:

I must say that the finale wasn't as good as I hoped, and I thought the errors of the police force were getting toward the ridiculous side. Then I thought about real life things that have happened in the news where police have failed, and maybe it isn't that far fetched after all.

Anyway, the thing that really throws me is that there is going to be a Season 3? How? Why? Is seems pretty wrapped up to me. Is it like it had great success so they want them to do a Season 3 so now the writer just has to try and figure it out? I don't like it. That being said I'll probably watch it, cuz we really enjoyed this show. Gillian Anderson is a badass.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us