Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: NBA season thread

Date:
NBA season thread

So much to talk about. Let's just start with the West. 

Didn't I tell ya'll about the Thunder!!!! Just close the book. Thunder, Warriors, Spurs, Clippers. Top 4. 

Rockets and Grizzle round out the top six. Rockets could be in that first group but I don't like Howard and Harden is lazy and playing like an as$hole. they look terrible and nobody cares. I hope they just turn out to be mediocre somehow (not likely) instead of one of the best teams like their roster indicates. 

More importantly, can anyone confidently predict the 7th and 8th seeds in the west? Man, it's rough. So many decent teams and really only one trash team (Lakers). New Orleans has started horribly and their injuries are going to set them back badly. They actually have a pretty bad roster and Davis will probably miss another 15 games or whatever. So I think that team has a much bigger hill to climb than most think. 

The Suns have a lot of really decent players. They will be just good enough to probably beat the Lakers, Denver, Wolves, Sixers, Magic, etc. most of the time. That alone will get them close to .500. My bet is on that team getting one of those seeds. 

Utah...Same as Phoenix. 

Sacramento... Same as Utah. They aren't combustible. Don't listen to that nonsense. Cousins is not some crazy loose cannon. Karl knows he was in the wrong and has kissed Cousins' as$ since. Rondo is HOOPIN already. 

Dallas, Denver, and the Wolves. Just good enough to end up anywhere from 30 to 42 wins. I'd bet on Dallas getting 35-ish wins and the Wolves just under them. Denver... who knows. 

So I guess I'll go with Phoenix and Sacramento to round out the West. 

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

I still think Denver is terrible. The game against our boys last Friday was Ug-Ly.

Warriors are just crushing everyone. Good for them. I like to see championship teams come out the next year looking like the champs and the defenders of the throne. That is good theater.

I would like Utah a lot more if they had a PG, but it seems like their D and coaching is upper echelon. I'm not very high on Phx right now, but with NOLA sucking they could make the playoffs. It's obviously still way early but after those top 6 West teams it is kind of wide open.

Too bad the Wolves aren't just a little older and more well polished and didn't start a guy like Tay Prince or I would think they have a legit shot at an 8 seed.

Portland is looking better than expected. The LOLakers are such trash! Dallas who knows, they are well coached and managed so I wouldn't rule them out. The Kings - for some reason I am rooting for them. Watched part of their 2nd half last night though and it was all sorts of discombobulated. Of course that was without Boogie, where they would be deemed irrelevant anyways. They are pushing the pace like crazy. With Rondo, Boogie, Gay, Colli, and my guy Bela I kind of like that NorCal band of "problem" players.

The Magic are the team in the East that I have been enjoying watching/following. Oladipo is going to be Top 10 soon. That rookie Hedzonia is a stud and a fun watch. Gordon is a fun watch. Payton's Hair is a fun watch. I enjoy coaches like Skiles. They are kind of like TWolves East. Lots of young very intriguing talent.

Date:

Most interesting thing so far this year, is how good the rookie class is actually looking.

Towns, Mudiay, Stanley Johnson, Okafor, Porzingis, Myles Turner and Hezonja. And you could even count Julius Randle too. Plus even some other rookie scrubs are contributing.

Bucks and Celtics have been underwhelming so far. Pistons have been fun to watch and have a winning record.

and the TWolves are leading the western conference!

For Flip! RIP Them Up!

4Flip Them The Bird!

Date:

Nyets vs. Lakers tonight! Perhaps the two worst teams in the L. Who ya got!? I think the Nyets are the clear better team. Lopez is very good and they have an ok coach. That alone makes them better than the Lakers. Joe Johnson vs. Kobe. Who scores 10 points first? I'm going Kobe because he'll probably put up 15 shots by halftime.

How many players on the Nyets can you name? I got 8 players, but I know almost every player in the league. I would guess most NBA followers would guess 3 or 4 players. That is how terrible that roster is right now...

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

Without looking,

The Offensive Lopez brother, Larkin, The big Barn owl, T-Young, Jarrett Jackupa****shot, Old Joe Johnson, Wayne Ell, T-Rob . Not sure about these two: That Euro Bogdinvich guy and that rookie with 3 names Ellis Jefferson somethingish!

For Flip! RIP Them Up!

4Flip Them The Bird!

Date:

LAKERS FOR DA WIN!

For Flip! RIP Them Up!

4Flip Them The Bird!

Date:

So far only the Nets have let Russell look like an NBA player!

For Flip! RIP Them Up!

4Flip Them The Bird!

Date:

Wow I watched most of the 2nd half of that Lakers/Knicks game yesterday. Ugly. Byron Scott has to be the worst coach in the league. Kobe is unabashedly playing hero ball. If I was one of his teammates I would be so incredibly frustrated. Kobe doesn't try on D, doesn't even act like he has any interest in team basketball on either end of the court, takes horrible shots, only calls his own number, and is a complete sideshow. At this point the team would seriously be better off without him.

Portland was balling last Thursday and Friday. Lillard was incredible. Just amazing. McCullom looks legit. The Leonard/Plumber/Ed Davis combo up front is surprisingly respectable. Aminu and Harkless aren't bad wings. If they stay injury free I could see them competing for a playoff spot. I was wrong about them coming into the season.

Memphis looks washed. Maybe they can turn it around though. It's still so early. They definitely don't fit the "modern NBA" mold but that doesn't mean they can't win. I think the whole "modern NBA" thing is overrated anyway.

Warriors are playing amazing basketball. What can you say.  Good for them. I like it.

Right now, I think the Clippers and Spurs are the next best teams in the West. That can change though. 

Who would've thought the Pelicans would be the last winless team in the West? I haven't watched them at all; I know they have some injuries, but still.

How about Stan Van Gangster and the Pistons start?...I'm glad to see Derrick Williams has come back down to earth...Brooklyn and Philly looking like the worst teams in the league...I will continue to pimp the Magic, really enjoy watching them this year...The Pacers small ball is pretty effective and fun too; although they are playing Wally's guy Budinger 15 mpg! And he's looking as awful as ever!

-- Edited by BonK on Monday 9th of November 2015 12:09:51 PM

Date:

DeAndre Jordan -23 Zaza Pachulia +12

MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA

For Flip! RIP Them Up!

4Flip Them The Bird!

Date:

Dudes I've been enjoying watching this year:

Mario Hedzonja
Marcus Smart
Victor Oladipo
Our own Karl-Anthony Towns, KG, Shabazzy, and Dick Rubio no doubt.
Corey Brewer always (although he's been sucking bigtime)
The Kings (especially Rondo and Bellinelli)
Damian Lillard & CJ McCullom
Stan Van Gundy
Portzingis!
Jerry Lamb & Will Barton heat checks
Jo Noah always (although he's been sucking too)
Steph Curry
Paul George
The Warriors home games.

Former Wolves Who Still Look Bad, Should Never Play, and Are Maddening to Watch:
JJ Barea
Derrick Williams
Wes Johnson
Chase Bustinger
Randy Foye

Dudes Who Annoy Me When I Watch Them:
Brook Lopez
Robin Lopez (really...he is SO BAD. I don't get it)
Chris Paul
D. Wade
Jimmy Butler This Year Only (what has happened to him, did his dog die? Why is he so half-hearted and passive? He always seemed like such a grinder before)
Doc Rivers
D'Andre Jordan, Hassan Whiteside, and Andre Drummond Free Throws (I've already seen soooo much hack-a ___ this year, and it's almost always worked).
The Hawks
D'Angelo Russell
Kobe Bryant

Date:

Whoops, right after I hit enter I realized that I forgot 2 mainstays in my 1st section (Matt Barnes & Zach Randolph), and givens in the last section (Kevin Love & JR Smith). My bad.

Date:

Well I was watching a ton of hoops and then Fallout 4 came out so I no longer watch a ton of hoops other than the Wolves.

The Warriors seem like they are a pretty decent team. While I am bitter about Curry to this day and not afraid to admit it, there is something to be said about marveling at a historic team playing right before our eyes. This is something not seen since the Jordan era, really. They have tied and soon will break the record for best start ever. Will they hit 70 wins? I wouldnt rule it out if health remains on their side.

What I like about the Warriors is the team was built from within. They made a few trades for bench fodder and signed Iggy well before they were good, but it was a team and a core built essentially solely through the draft and they grew together and now dominate. After all of this LeBron/Superteam/fake basketball nonsense, that is just refreshing to see. I can respect that a little bit more. it is also a testament to how important having a coach to put players in the best position to succeed is. Kerr made so many changes that unlocked everyone on that team, wheras Mark Jackson was your classic Sam Mitchell/Byron Scott/Randy Wittman/Flip Saunders type. I REALLY want a good coach on this team.

And, as always, whenever I am upset about Curry I just tell myself Rambis and Greg Farnham would have ruined his career anyways.

#RIPFlip

1 2 3  >  Last»  | Page of 3  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us