Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Oscars 2016

Date:
Oscars 2016

Anyone else watch it?

Decent overall, but long as usual. Chris Rock was good I thought, and it was awesome Mad Max won 6 Oscars out of 10 nominations.

Any surprises or snubs? I was kinda surprised by Best Supporting Actor probably the most of any individual award, but none of the rest surprised me too much at all.

Date:

Cool to see Leo win. Lady Gaga's performance was solid. The director of the Revenant deserved that award. I have no major qualms, other than Straight Outta Compton not getting nominees. Chris Rock was good, I agree. Sam Smith's performance was horrible I thought. I didn't realize he lost 70 lbs and grew a beard too, I didn't even recognize that dude. Kelly Rowland wins the award for hottest looking of the night. Actually she might not have even gone to the ceremony itself, I just saw pics of her at some Elton John party. Charlize Theron was a smoke show too.

Date:

YES, SOC totally got screwed. That movie is soooooooo good.

And yeah, I vote Charlize too.

Date:

Why were you surprised by supporting actor? Mark Rylance was brilliant in Bridge of Spies. It really would have been a joke if someone like Sly had won instead. Oscars definitely got that one right.

Date:

I haven't seen the movie.

Plus there was a ton of online buzz about other people winning Best Supporting, so Rylance wasn't even on my radar at all.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us