Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Predicting the 2016 playoffs!

Date:
Predicting the 2016 playoffs!

OK, I can get back to posting here. Gotta start with the playoffs. Even though I'm late I'll try to be honest with my predictions. yall do the same. 

WEST:

Warriors over Rockets in 4 - Dwight Coward is a simple role player, finally seeing the fruits of his (lack of) labor. This is what happens when you don't work on your game. Why is Mike Beastley not playing 48 minutes? That's the problem. But in a frontcourt of B-Easy and J-Smoov with Brewer at the point guard and Harden and Ariza at the wings. Except run the offense through B-Easy with everyone else spotting up. Game over. 

Spurs over Memphis in 4 - No need to talk about this series. 

Thunder over Dallas in 4 - See a theme? The Mavericks are terrible, point guard injuries aside. Sweep this so you can rest up to beat the Spurs my dudes...

Clippers over Portland in 5 - Portland has a great home court advantage and Dame Lillard. I'm hoping the Clippers get enough momentum while the Warriors are still not being challenged so that they can catch the Warriors slipping and extend the series to  6 or 7. I'll be rooting for the Clippers against the Warriors (First time ever I've rooted for the Clippers). 

East: 

Cavs over Pistons in 6 - I love watching SVG's team play. Fun series already. Love was hooping. I am now to the point of enjoying him when he does well. No more ill will. Glad to see him hoopin in the playoffs. I kind of want them to get to the Finals so I can see him try to match up with Green. 

Toronto over Pacers in 7 - I think I was wrong here... I actually hope so. Toronto bores me. And PG13 is in Daddy's 2nd team of "Favorite players to watch this year"

Miami over Charlotte in 7 - wrong again! Come on Horncats, get your sh*t together. Miami should not be that good. how are they so good?

Boston over ATL in 6 - Damn injuries. Without Bradley ATL has enough to win. That's fine. Boston has a bunch of draft picks and will challenge for the #1 seed next year. I love watching them play. Great coach, great style of play. 

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

Love it Daddy!! I did a playoff bracket thingy, so here were my 1st round picks:

WEST:

Warriors over Rockets in 5. I give the Rockets 1 win in Houston.

Spurs over Grizzle in 4. Spurs too good, Grizzle too depleted.

Thunder over Mavs in 5. I say the Thunder are too inconsistent and the Mavs too veteran and well-coached to not win 1 game.

Clippers over Blazers in 5. Clippers are a Top 5 team in the league. Blazers are barely a playoff team.

EAST:

Cavs over Pistons in 5. I hope this one goes longer. I gave the Pistons a win based on the coaching matchup alone. The Cavs are super talented, but I don't trust them to sweep any series.

Raptors over Pacers in 7. This looks smart after the weekend. Pacers have the best player and better coach. It also seems like they matchup well against them.

cHeat over Hornetsax in 7. I thought the Hornets were a well coached, deep, grinding team that would keep this series close.

Celtics over Hawks in 6. This isn't looking good after the 1 point loss and the fact that Avery Bradley is probably done. I agree with what Daddy said about them though; they are really fun to watch play and I love their style. They are my favorite East playoff team. Other than Clippers/Blazers last night, this was the game I made a point to watch over the weekend.

Going further: Since I filled out the rest of the bracket, I might as well share the rest of my picks now:

Warriors over Clippers in 5
Spurs over Thunder in 5

Cavs over Celtics in 5
cHeat over Raptors in 6

Warriors over Spurs in 7
Cavs over cHeat in 7

Warriors over Cavs in 5.

Date:

Thanks everyone else for playing with Daddy and I. We appreciate it.

Anyway, random playoff thoughts: Boston is fun to watch; notably Isaiah Thomas, Marcus Smart, Evan Turner, and Jae Crowder. Those guys are great... I enjoyed rooting for the Pistons against the Cavs. Too bad is ended about as quick as it started. Daddy's Guy Stanley saying he is in LeBron's head = Classic. Stan Van Gundy Miked Up = Also Classic, and hilarious!... Are the Spurs the favorites right now at this moment? According to Vegas they now are. Sucks that Steph is injured though, I definitely want him back at full strength for the epic WCF matchup... The Rockets. Oh man, the Rockets. I like how bad the firing of McHale looks now. Dwight Coward is the worst. Brewer suddenly looks real bad. Harden and Howard are the worst leaders; it's almost amazing that they made the conference finals last year. I am officially an idiot for betting on Houston at halftime of yesterday's game. I'm pretty sure I went like 1-5 betting on Houston games this year... Speaking of Houston, it's amazing to me that Terrance Jones can't get off the bench... I also wonder what the future holds now for our guy B Eazy... Speaking of quirky TWolves swingmen, I saw this thing today where ShaBeast is dating an instagram model. Chick is fine a fk, but an instagram model will always give me pause. Check it out though... I'm officially rooting for Boston in the East, and then everyone but Cleveland. In the West I am rooting for the Warriors and Spurs. Just call me College Wolf Jr I guess with that type of frontrunning.

I am calling it now: Spurs in either 4 or 5 over the Thunder next round. Not going to be close, IMO. How will the Clippers and Warriors series go while Curry is out? That will be very intriguing to watch. I'm excited for the 2nd round because then at least the West will be good TV on the nightly.

Date:

All of these predictions and thoughts appear on point. Some big shifts in the last couple of days with Curry going down and Paul breaking his hand. What does this mean?! Will Portland move on? This seems huge for the Warriors who will easily dispatch the Blazers without Curry, who will be back in time to meet the Spurs in the WCF's. Too late for my predictions but other than Portland moving on I don't see many surprises ahead other than maybe Charlotte or Indy squeezing it out. The playoffs remain wholly predictable.

#RIPFlip

Date:

Just terrible for the Clippers. I was really excited to watch the Warriors vs. Clippers without Curry, that is a very evenly matched series. Now, Portland will lose. They don't need Curry for Portland (Portland is definitely not a bad team though).

Spurs over Thunder in 6. Kawhi is great, but he simply can't stop Durant. Westbrook will give them fits, guaranteed. If you watched the Spurs over the last several months it's clear that their best big man pairing in the playoffs will be LMA and Diaw with Duncan playing 20-25 spot minutes. At that point, I think they no longer have an advantage over the Ibaka/Adams with Kanter trio. It's closer than you think BONK! But, you're right. the Spurs probably win. I'm rooting for the Thunder.

Cavs over Hawks in 5. The Hawks aren't scary, but they are decent.

Let's go Pacers! Paul George does work.

Let's go Hornets! Al Jefferson is doing work on the block. I enjoy watching both these teams. Miami is fun to watch and both teams are so sound on defense. Best series to me so far.

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

D. Wade was so ill on Friday. That fan in the front row, "purple shirt man" needed to get clocked. Was that you, Daddy?

Paul George. Is he the most underrated player in the league? He is probably hovering right around #5, yet you never hear about him. Hell, I never talk or think about him much to be honest. But game in and game out he was an absolute stud in this series. Damn. Also, Myles Turner is the future. Guy is a stud.

Portland is done. People think I'm crazy, but Thunder are done. I think the Raptors are done as well, although they will pri take it to 6 or 7. I actually think the Hawks can get a couple games off of the Cavs. LeBron isn't looking like the best player in the league anymore. Maybe he will step up when they need him to. But I don't like how he kind of coasts a majority of the time these days. I can't respect it. And then you add K. Love to the mix and Ty Lue (nothing against him personally, but the way that Blatt got canned is way stupid, and I'm confident he's a better coach than TyLue), and man I love rooting against the Cavs. Atlanta is super vanilla, but Bazemore is a stud and they have solid 2 way bigs. I think they will give the Cavs more problems than people think.

-- Edited by BonK on Monday 2nd of May 2016 12:21:45 PM

Date:

Do you guys think Durant leaves OKC this summer? I think he stays on a one year.

#RIPFlip

Date:

Bonk, who do you talk to that thinks the Thunder will beat the Spurs? Everyone knows it's a wrap. They are my squad, so I'm rooting for them to go six games, and you never know what can happen (e.g. injuries). That game one has to be an anomaly, right? If the Spurs are that good, even Golden State is done...

Also, Bonk Lebron went pretty hard in this first round. He looks to have been coasting a bit. I'm not sure the Hawks have the tools to deal with him.

Miami over Toronto in six. Toronto is trash. What a boring team. Boring playbook, boring everything. Derozen is not a star. Wolfenstein, THAT is young JR Smith without a shot. No idea about shot selection, no intangibles.

Sticking with Spurs over Thunder in six still. The Thunder bigs will recoup and big the Spurs trouble and Westbrook will come back strong. Go out with some god damn pride! Durant should stay. Fyck bandwagons. Ride with Westbrook.

RIP Hornets. As I leave Charlotte my attachment to this team is dissipating, just as they get their act together. Good luck (Liam Neeson voice)

Date:

Where are you moving?

#RIPFlip

Date:

Judging by OKC's performance in game 1 it looks like Durant is leaving. That was brutal.

Date:

roundhouse wrote:

Judging by OKC's performance in game 1 it looks like Durant is leaving. That was brutal.

Nobody needs your hate! Westbrook and Durant are inseparable. They just need my guy Batum to sign there or something like that. And maybe a good coach? I don't know what Donovan is....

WW, ya boy is off to the Bay. San Francisco State University tenure track management prof. And nope, I'm not on the Warriors bandwagon. Too late to jump on. I'm a Kings fan. It's an easy transition from shytty Timberwolves fandom to shytty Kings fandom. If they ever become good I can say I came in when they were terrible... My first order of business as a Kings fan is to advocate for them to hire Sam Mitchell. I would love to see Mitchell vs. Cousins. That would end soooooo poorly. Hell, Mitchell vs. Rondo would not go well. 

On the topic of the Kings, Casspi would be perfect on the Wolves as a sixth man. Trade something for him Thibs. 

Date:

HAHA! YES! THE THUNDER WON!

Like I predicted, the Spurs big trio matched or outperformed the Spurs big men. I did NOT predict LMA Space Jamming Tim Duncan and KG's skills for these first two games. He is ridiculous and any hope the Thunder have hinges on their ability to slow him down just a little (Or he'll just cool off. Actually, yea, he'll cool off).

I doubt the Thunder can replicate this effort on both ends, but I'll continue to hold out hope. Fyck the Spurs.

1 2 36  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us