Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Predicting the 2016 playoffs!

Date:
RE: Predicting the 2016 playoffs!

BonK wrote:

Good points about Ibaka. Might be somewhat similar to what happened to Shawn Kemp and Amare Stoudamire, but on a smaller scale.

I like Daddy's idea of playing Ibaka outside on O more and Roberson as a cutter more. Roberson is like what Sefalosha was to them, except actually even a much worse offensive player (which is saying something).

Can you believe that Randy Righthand Foye is 1 win away from the Conference Finals? I can't either. I still say he's out of the league in 2 years. If I keep saying it, eventually it will come true (kind of like "This may be the very last time I will ever see Sid Hartmann in person at a Wolves game!").

Why would the Wolves need Ibaka when we have Adrien FatSax Payne? I don't see what the problem is. I guess if he doesn't pan out (doubtful) a couple names we could add to Wolfenstein's list would be Derrick Williams or Anthony Bennett. They seem like good talents that just need a fair chance.

This paragraph is the best. 

Wolfenstein is probably right that Ibaka may continue to slide and he may not be worth Dieng and an asset. That's sad to see how far he dropped. He'd be a good fit next to Towns, for sure. And he'd get more touches in MN. Maybe ShaBuckets and Dieng for Ibaka and Waiters (Irrational love for him at the moment. I'd regret that trade in a couple months). 

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

We should definitely trade for Derrick Williams or Anthony Bennett. For real though what the Wolves really need is not the real Derrick Williams or Anthony Bennett, but the Derrick Williams or Anthony Bennett that people hoped they would become "if only they can figure out (insert essential skill here)..."

Spoiler

I can't believe I left Stoudamire off my list of guys who went from All Star to liability in no time due to lost athleticism. He is the quintessential case. I am still waiting for someone to tell me if Ewing works in that category.

-- Edited by wolfenstein on Thursday 12th of May 2016 06:40:46 PM

“I don’t focus on almost. In high school, I never dealt with the chick that almost wanted to go out with me.” 

Date:

Simmons on his latest podcast with Craig Kilborn from yesterday (a ridiculous podcast, there is no way Kilborn wasn't on something during it) proposed a fake trade of Ibaka for our lottery pick. Hard to see OKC undergoing such a shakeup especially if Durant re-signs or indicates he will, but an interesting idea. Him and Towns could be an exceptional pairing. Serge is still quite good, just doesnt light the world on fire with his numbers. An ideal complimentary Power Forward.

Wolfesntein...I feel like you are the quintessential "they could be so good if they could only do this" guy.

#RIPFlip

Date:

WallyWorld wrote:

Simmons on his latest podcast with Craig Kilborn from yesterday (a ridiculous podcast, there is no way Kilborn wasn't on something during it) proposed a fake trade of Ibaka for our lottery pick. Hard to see OKC undergoing such a shakeup especially if Durant re-signs or indicates he will, but an interesting idea. Him and Towns could be an exceptional pairing. Serge is still quite good, just doesnt light the world on fire with his numbers. An ideal complimentary Power Forward.

Wolfesntein...I feel like you are the quintessential "they could be so good if they could only do this" guy.

Absolutely. If only I were 6'9"/240 and could jump out of the gym, I would be the ideal power forward for the Wolves team.

Re: Ibaka. Is this how far he's fallen? Trade straight up for a high draft pick? I would do it in a heartbeat, Even a poor man's Ibaka (which by all accounts is Ibaka's current status) would be a good fit with this team.

“I don’t focus on almost. In high school, I never dealt with the chick that almost wanted to go out with me.” 

Date:

I'd trade our pick for him in a HEARBEAT! They can even have Payne in return as well.

Make it happen!

Date:

Yea, I was caught in the moment. I'd give up some combo of Dieng and the 5 for him!

Wolfenstein, Appreciating JR Smith.

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

Thing is though: Serge will be an unrestricted free agent in 2017. Just try to sign him or someone else then without giving up the pick.

#RIPFlip

Date:

WallyWorld wrote:

Thing is though: Serge will be an unrestricted free agent in 2017. Just try to sign him or someone else then without giving up the pick.

God I'd be worse than Kahn. I don't even think about contracts. Matter settled. 

Thunder over Warriors in 7

Cavs in 5

Date:

Wally World, thank you so much for the tip on the Kilborn/Simmons podcast. I literally think that is the most entertaining podcast I have listened to in my whole life (full disclosure: I rarely listen to podcasts). 80 minutes of excitable, sporadic, unique NBA rants and stories, including much on the TWolves and Minnesota specifically. That podcast blew my sober mind. I actually think I will listen to it again this week, it was that good. I couldn't stop listening once I started (my Friday night got started a good hour later than expected because of it). Thanks again. I HIGHLY recommend it for any NBA or especially TWolves fans. Think Kilborn was on that yayo or is he really that randomhyperallovertheplace? Awesome podcast.

Warriors in 6.
Cavs in 5.

Date:

Kilborn was that classic douche talking about how good he was at high school sports at age 50. I thought it was kind of sad. How arrogant. That said, there were some gems if you could sit and listen to it. My favorite part of it was that Simmons barely said a word. it was Kilborn just going on and on and on and on and on not unlike some of my posts on 3 point shooting the last couple of years.

Im surprised two picking Cavs. Really interesting. I'd like to see it becuase I always root for the under dog by default but dont think it's close. Warriors in 5 or 6.

#RIPFlip

Date:

in the finals Warriors all the way. Those were my Conference Finals prediction.

Date:

DaddyFatSax wrote:

Yea, I was caught in the moment. I'd give up some combo of Dieng and the 5 for him!

Wolfenstein, Appreciating JR Smith.

I enjoyed the read. I still haven't been able to bring myself to watch the Cavs due to the Kevin Love situation, but it's very possible that I really just dislike the version of JR Smith that played for the Knicks. Playing with Melo tends to do that to people I am finding. Basically when your star teammate has no second thoughts about hoisting the ball 80% of his touches, you take every shot you get half a decent look at, or something. And nobody played D on the Knicks that I remember. What a dumpster fire of a team.

Is Kentavious Caldwell-Pope as similar to JR Smith in his game as I find myself thinking he is? More unselfish? Smarter shot selection? Worse defender? Build and reputation seem to be somewhat similar.

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us