Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Predicting the 2016 playoffs!

Date:
Predicting the 2016 playoffs!

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=1&p1=caldwke01&y1=2016&p2=smithjr01&y2=2007

-- Edited by wolfenstein on Tuesday 17th of May 2016 05:12:15 PM

“I don’t focus on almost. In high school, I never dealt with the chick that almost wanted to go out with me.” 

Date:

Is OKC going to win? I still consider them big underdogs here, but I would love it for several reasons:

1. First and foremost - The constant, insufferable, internet Warriors circle jerk would slow down a little bit
2. The Warriors are a bit unlikable these days, particularly Draymond "Bill Laimbeer" Green. He is just so damn arrogant. That said, I would love him in Minnesota. You know the drill.
3. Durant would stay where he belongs in OKC. I would hate to see him form a LeBron coalition in a warm weather climate and as "good as that is for the league" or whatever nonsense, I hate it when that happens. His best chance to win and compete CLEARLY remains in Oklahoma City. Stick around. The Lakers can continue to humble themselves and stay irrelevant.
4. Just a huge, unexpected plot twist in general. The NBA playoffs are ripped for being predictable. This would buck that trend at least a little bit.
5. Cavs/Thunder would arguably be more fun than Cavs/Warriors. Both are poised to be an excellent series.

#RIPFlip

Date:

I totally agree with #4. That is the best thing about OKC's playoff surge this year, IMO.

Regarding #3 though, I don't like that one bit. I still think the best odds if he leaves are that Durant goes to Washington. Which I would love cuz he'd be out of the West!

I would really love to see Toronto win tonight. I highly doubt it tho. Bitchsmack Biyombo is that dude. I love the smiling and the hype. He is great. Also I am very surprised and impressed to see D. Casey calling out the refs and getting fined. I thought he was too much of a buttoned up lame for that. He is dead right, Bytheway. Lebron being the strongest fiercest dude in the league, yet also one of the biggest flopping whiners really rubs me raw. Cavs get all of the calls. Bitches.

Date:

Yeah Washington would be nice. Or Minny. Or San Antonio. Somewhere well thought out. I could live with that. But to be on the brink of the Finals again and have a whole new slew of resources to upgrade the roster....as an NBA fan I just would like to see him stick around. As a Wolves fan of course whatever best paves the way for them is most ideal. Please not the Lakers or Heat. Gross.

Biyumbo is going to get PAID this summer.

-- Edited by WallyWorld on Monday 23rd of May 2016 12:03:35 PM

#RIPFlip

Date:

One moment I loved from the post-game presser on Saturday night:

They are asking Lebron about Biyombo's finger wagging. JR Smith is sitting up there with LeFlop too. Lebron says it's no big deal, BB probably idolizes Mutumbo and took it from him. It's fine, Lebron says he imitates MJ's fadeaway, Magic Johnson's passing, etc. He then says "I don't know where JR Smith gets his 3-point fadeaway move from, but probably someone!".... JR Smith waits a second, then just deadpans, "2K".

Maybe you had to see it live to appreciate, but I just roared. Great stuff by JR Smith, as usual.

Date:

JR Smith is one of the only dudes I like on that team JR, Shumpert, Richard Jefferson, Mo Williams...That's about it. JR Smith makes those witty comments often.

Why should Durant go to Washington? Westbrook eats John Wall alive and the supporting cast is better. The West is not that intimidating and things can shift. I hope he stays or goes to MN (Not happening).

THUNDER IN SIX!!!!

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

Blame Canada!

For Flip! RIP Them Up!

4Flip Them The Bird!

Date:

Love Love LOVE what is happening in the West. The Warriors nut grinders on the interwebs have no idea how to comprehend that size is winning against a smallball team in the modern NBA. Even though I buy into much of the analytic chatter, it still makes me happy to see this and I find it all very amusing. "Stephs hurt" they say. No. The Thunder are playing at a ridiculous pace, running, grinding, and rebounding. They are well coached and have two top 7 players on the roster. Give them credit and remove your mouth from Curry's testicles for 10 seconds.

But they also haven't advanced yet. Being down 3-1 is a ripe place for complacency. It seems like the Warriors will destroy them at home tomorrow. A couple of teams have done it this late, the "best team ever" seems like they could pull it off if the shot percentages fall their way.

In the east, I of course want Toronto to win and find it amusing Love is getting benched in the 4th quarter (it's funny how accurate David Kahn was on his ultimate ceiling on a contending team).

#RIPFlip

Date:

WallyWorld wrote:

Love Love LOVE what is happening in the West. The Warriors nut grinders on the interwebs have no idea how to comprehend that size is winning against a smallball team in the modern NBA. Even though I buy into much of the analytic chatter, it still makes me happy to see this and I find it all very amusing. "Stephs hurt" they say. No. The Thunder are playing at a ridiculous pace, running, grinding, and rebounding. They are well coached and have two top 7 players on the roster. Give them credit and remove your mouth from Curry's testicles for 10 seconds.

But they also haven't advanced yet. Being down 3-1 is a ripe place for complacency. It seems like the Warriors will destroy them at home tomorrow. A couple of teams have done it this late, the "best team ever" seems like they could pull it off if the shot percentages fall their way.

In the east, I of course want Toronto to win and find it amusing Love is getting benched in the 4th quarter (it's funny how accurate David Kahn was on his ultimate ceiling on a contending team).

Oh I would be so happy to see the Thunder eliminate the Warriors in Oakland. I would be happy as hell. 

Remember people on this blog and in MN more generally who used to argue that Love would eclipse KG one day? Love is pretty much Ryan Anderson at this point. 

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

DaddyFatSax wrote:

Remember people on this blog and in MN more generally who used to argue that Love would eclipse KG one day? Love is pretty much Ryan Anderson at this point. 

I used to get so angry. Everytime KG would play the Wolves those few K. Love years they would line up their stats at the same tenure and go on and on about K. Love.  Even Jim Pete and the dumbass studio analysts would get in on the action (side note: am I the only one who hates Kevin Lynch?).  Ridiculous.  Clueless.  Not cool or right or fair.

Anyway, my new nickname for Love these playoffs is  Poor Man's Channing Frye.   Christina Bosh he is not.

Date:

BonK wrote:
DaddyFatSax wrote:

I used to get so angry. Everytime KG would play the Wolves those few K. Love years they would line up their stats at the same tenure and go on and on about K. Love.  Even Jim Pete and the dumbass studio analysts would get in on the action (side note: am I the only one who hates Kevin Lynch?).  Ridiculous.  Clueless.  Not cool or right or fair.

Anyway, my new nickname for Love these playoffs is  Poor Man's Channing Frye.   Christina Bosh he is not.

Channing Love. I like it. Way to have a random great game Channing Love. How about you consistently be good? 

Kevin Lynch is an a$shole. I'd love to meet him to tell him how much of an ******* he is and how garbage his knowledge is of the game. 

Date:

The real shame about Love is.....if he would stop being a knuckle push up diva who fell in Love with the 3 pointer and rebound like we know he can, no one would be talking about Biyumbo and most teams really wouldn't be able to deal with the Cavs, because Lebron wouldn't worry about missing outside shots if Love was eating up the boards like a beast.

We were so lucky to witness the year where he was going crazy with 20/20 and 30/30s, that was the last time he had any heart or passion for the game in my opinion. Plus back then no one really cared if his defense was a joke, because you would only get one shot at it.

When was the last time someone saw him do one of his patented one armed rebounds while is other arm is tangled up? or one of his tip the ball off the backboard and get the rebound tricks?

For Flip! RIP Them Up!

4Flip Them The Bird!

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us