Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Predicting the 2016 playoffs!

Date:
RE: Predicting the 2016 playoffs!

cycosurgeon wrote:

The real shame about Love is.....if he would stop being a knuckle push up diva who fell in Love with the 3 pointer and rebound like we know he can, no one would be talking about Biyumbo and most teams really wouldn't be able to deal with the Cavs, because Lebron wouldn't worry about missing outside shots if Love was eating up the boards like a beast.

We were so lucky to witness the year where he was going crazy with 20/20 and 30/30s, that was the last time he had any heart or passion for the game in my opinion. Plus back then no one really cared if his defense was a joke, because you would only get one shot at it.

When was the last time someone saw him do one of his patented one armed rebounds while is other arm is tangled up? or one of his tip the ball off the backboard and get the rebound tricks?

Totally!  Great last point about the one armed rebounds and tipping the ball around to secure a board. 15.2 rebounds per game in 2011; wow.  Thinking back on those moves it feels like we are talking about 2 completely different people! 

Date:

KLove is a total doofus.

I can't believe he could possibly win a title because LeBron is so amazing, and the West teams just beat the hell out of each other every year.

Date:

BonK wrote:
cycosurgeon wrote:

The real shame about Love is.....if he would stop being a knuckle push up diva who fell in Love with the 3 pointer and rebound like we know he can, no one would be talking about Biyumbo and most teams really wouldn't be able to deal with the Cavs, because Lebron wouldn't worry about missing outside shots if Love was eating up the boards like a beast.

We were so lucky to witness the year where he was going crazy with 20/20 and 30/30s, that was the last time he had any heart or passion for the game in my opinion. Plus back then no one really cared if his defense was a joke, because you would only get one shot at it.

When was the last time someone saw him do one of his patented one armed rebounds while is other arm is tangled up? or one of his tip the ball off the backboard and get the rebound tricks?

Totally!  Great last point about the one armed rebounds and tipping the ball around to secure a board. 15.2 rebounds per game in 2011; wow.  Thinking back on those moves it feels like we are talking about 2 completely different people! 

Yeah, pre-Diva K Love was pretty fun. A divisive player but he was pretty awesome in hindsight. Ricky's rookie year remains a super fun time before he blew his knee. A blast.

#RIPFlip

Date:

DaddyFatSax wrote:
WallyWorld wrote:

Love Love LOVE what is happening in the West. The Warriors nut grinders on the interwebs have no idea how to comprehend that size is winning against a smallball team in the modern NBA. Even though I buy into much of the analytic chatter, it still makes me happy to see this and I find it all very amusing. "Stephs hurt" they say. No. The Thunder are playing at a ridiculous pace, running, grinding, and rebounding. They are well coached and have two top 7 players on the roster. Give them credit and remove your mouth from Curry's testicles for 10 seconds.

But they also haven't advanced yet. Being down 3-1 is a ripe place for complacency. It seems like the Warriors will destroy them at home tomorrow. A couple of teams have done it this late, the "best team ever" seems like they could pull it off if the shot percentages fall their way.

In the east, I of course want Toronto to win and find it amusing Love is getting benched in the 4th quarter (it's funny how accurate David Kahn was on his ultimate ceiling on a contending team).

Oh I would be so happy to see the Thunder eliminate the Warriors in Oakland. I would be happy as hell. 

Remember people on this blog and in MN more generally who used to argue that Love would eclipse KG one day? Love is pretty much Ryan Anderson at this point. 

Comments on the Dubs Thunder series?

“I don’t focus on almost. In high school, I never dealt with the chick that almost wanted to go out with me.” 

Date:

Gross. No point in watching game 7. Warriors will win by 20 or more. The finals should still be interesting.

#RIPFlip

Date:

WallyWorld wrote:

Gross. No point in watching game 7. Warriors will win by 20 or more. The finals should still be interesting.

I won't give up on my dudes! They choked haaard. But making it to game 7 is great for the Thunder. They can win. Probably not, but I'll root for them. 

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

Bummer finish. It's not surprising - OKC is an isolation team playing against a steam engine. That team needs to learn about the value of a catch and shoot jumper and move the ball. The Finals should be interesting for a game or two, but I fully anticipate that Kyrie will submarine the Cavs in the exact same way.

#RIPFlip

Date:

Yep, they really regressed back to hero/iso ball in the waning minutes of both games over the weekend. Basically in Game 5-7 they looked like what I had expected them to look like. I found myself rooting for them, only to get let down! Man their offense sucked in the 2nd half of Game 7. It will be interesting to see what comes out of it. This leaves some possibility that Durant will leave. I also wonder if Westbrook is pissed about the way everything went down...he hardly touched the ball in the last 6 minutes of the game last night. Although he was a complete turnover machine in the last 6 minutes of Game 6 so he kind of deserved it. Then with Speights and Dray missing those layups last night, I thought Golden State was thinking about choking it away for a minute!

Date:

OKC made big improvements this year. Acquire a Luol Deng type of guy and a legit back up veteran PG (e.g. 2010 Derek Fisher) who can play down the stretch next to Westbrook to calm him and Durant down and to run a real offense. Donovan did some great things this year as well. I'm glad I've been on the OKC bandwagon since the Seattle Sonics days. I enjoy rooting for them and I can related to dudes like Westbrook, Durant, and Waiters while I cannot stand enduring Klay Thompson and Curry unless they are releasing 30 foot pieces of art. Those two specifically were the dudes in AAU that we hemmed up in the hallway and then got em for their shoes. Pampered, entitled rich boys. Best duo in the league (I ain't a hater), I just can't relate to them and their shooting sessions with Kobe and his trainers at 12 years old while players like Westbrook had to settle for shi tty outside training on LA courts with his dad.

Probably completely missing most of you on here with this trivial sh it... It's just everything from the way they walk, the way they handle media (because they've been handling it forever with their famous, rich families), etc. I can't relate. Ain't no struggle, ain't no hustle, ain't no suffering. And we all know what Darkman X, aka modern day Confucius, said about life and suffering... "To live is to suffer. To survive, well that's to find meaning in that suffering." Thus, I don't f ucks with the Warriors. It's not interesting to see them succeed.

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

Great post. Thanks for that.

#RIPFlip

Date:

Hahahaha that's so awesome how much better the Cavs did tonight without K-Flub.

I hope that if/when he does come back they just keep starting Dick Jefferson instead.

Date:

Finals were between the Thunder and Warriors. Cavs are playing playing for consideration at third best along with San Antonio.

I hope the Cavs somehow win two more games. I'm quite jealous of all the Warriors mania out here.

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 6  >  Last»  | Page of 6  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us