Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Predicting the 2016 playoffs!

Date:
RE: Predicting the 2016 playoffs!

DaddyFatSax wrote:

OKC made big improvements this year. Acquire a Luol Deng type of guy and a legit back up veteran PG (e.g. 2010 Derek Fisher) who can play down the stretch next to Westbrook to calm him and Durant down and to run a real offense. Donovan did some great things this year as well. I'm glad I've been on the OKC bandwagon since the Seattle Sonics days. I enjoy rooting for them and I can related to dudes like Westbrook, Durant, and Waiters while I cannot stand enduring Klay Thompson and Curry unless they are releasing 30 foot pieces of art. Those two specifically were the dudes in AAU that we hemmed up in the hallway and then got em for their shoes. Pampered, entitled rich boys. Best duo in the league (I ain't a hater), I just can't relate to them and their shooting sessions with Kobe and his trainers at 12 years old while players like Westbrook had to settle for shi tty outside training on LA courts with his dad.

Probably completely missing most of you on here with this trivial sh it... It's just everything from the way they walk, the way they handle media (because they've been handling it forever with their famous, rich families), etc. I can't relate. Ain't no struggle, ain't no hustle, ain't no suffering. And we all know what Darkman X, aka modern day Confucius, said about life and suffering... "To live is to suffer. To survive, well that's to find meaning in that suffering." Thus, I don't f ucks with the Warriors. It's not interesting to see them succeed.

DFS, you follow Nait Jones? I'm very curious as to your rebuttal to his position that the Cavs are a bunch of spineless babies. Also, he is a terrific twitter follow.

https://twitter.com/NaithanJones/status/743493062639357952

“I don’t focus on almost. In high school, I never dealt with the chick that almost wanted to go out with me.” 

Date:

wolfenstein wrote:
DaddyFatSax wrote:

OKC made big improvements this year. Acquire a Luol Deng type of guy and a legit back up veteran PG (e.g. 2010 Derek Fisher) who can play down the stretch next to Westbrook to calm him and Durant down and to run a real offense. Donovan did some great things this year as well. I'm glad I've been on the OKC bandwagon since the Seattle Sonics days. I enjoy rooting for them and I can related to dudes like Westbrook, Durant, and Waiters while I cannot stand enduring Klay Thompson and Curry unless they are releasing 30 foot pieces of art. Those two specifically were the dudes in AAU that we hemmed up in the hallway and then got em for their shoes. Pampered, entitled rich boys. Best duo in the league (I ain't a hater), I just can't relate to them and their shooting sessions with Kobe and his trainers at 12 years old while players like Westbrook had to settle for shi tty outside training on LA courts with his dad.

Probably completely missing most of you on here with this trivial sh it... It's just everything from the way they walk, the way they handle media (because they've been handling it forever with their famous, rich families), etc. I can't relate. Ain't no struggle, ain't no hustle, ain't no suffering. And we all know what Darkman X, aka modern day Confucius, said about life and suffering... "To live is to suffer. To survive, well that's to find meaning in that suffering." Thus, I don't f ucks with the Warriors. It's not interesting to see them succeed.

DFS, you follow Nait Jones? I'm very curious as to your rebuttal to his position that the Cavs are a bunch of spineless babies. Also, he is a terrific twitter follow.

https://twitter.com/NaithanJones/status/743493062639357952

Well, I do agree it's a b itch move, IF true. It's just speculation, I don't pay any mind to rumor stuff, really (unless it's about trades because it's fun). Simmons also speculated that Lebron took great offense to being called a fcukboy by Draymond. In terms of these two players, I can tell you my game is predicated on the same games as Draymond. I grew up as the utility 2-3-4 man who baited everyone else into techs and flagrants. I like Draymond, he is just completely out of control. I do not like Lebron, he is a sensitive, crybaby. Still, Lebron has overcome a lot, he works as hard as anyone else, and was given very little, especially compared to the Rich Boys Warriors duo and their minions. 

Not sure why this is where Nait Jones draws the line. It ain't against the G code to kick a motherfcuker in the nuts twice and then to slap another dude in the nuts? 

At this point, the only person who has yet to violate the G code is Nikola Pekovic, the definition of OG. 

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

Was that Kevin Love sitting on the bench.....i mean the trading block in the final 2 quarters?

For Flip! RIP Them Up!

4Flip Them The Bird!

Date:

What a series!!! This is fun! I have to admit I am rooting for the Cavs here. The Warriors are just too finesse, too front running, too soft for my liking.

Also, Steph was asking for those foul calls; his D was horrible. Actually, horrible isn't the right word...RECKLESS is. It was like he just thought he could do whatever he wanted because he assumed the refs would play favorites and protect him? He is putting hands all over dudes 30 feet from the bucket, reaching in, grabbing both on and away from the ball, hacking on rebounds, taking reckless swipes for loose balls...all while in foul trouble in a highly important game? That is all on him, not the refs.

The last 2 Lebron games have been pretty damn amazing. Kyrie has been that dude too. And how about Tristan Thompson? THERE is your Big 3.

Speaking of....K. Love is completely getting outplayed by 35 year old Dick Jefferson in every facet of the game this series! What a treat. He is who I thought he was. His HORRIBLE D is getting exposed.

I am loving this series; thankful it's going the distance. Legacies in the balance, a championship and history at stake...all the hyperbole, but FOR REAL right now. It's going down. As a basketball and NBA fan, I have been loving this up and down series. A nail-biting Game 7 in the final minutes would be the ultimate finale.

Date:

BonK wrote:

What a series!!! This is fun! I have to admit I am rooting for the Cavs here. The Warriors are just too finesse, too front running, too soft for my liking.

Also, Steph was asking for those foul calls; his D was horrible. Actually, horrible isn't the right word...RECKLESS is. It was like he just thought he could do whatever he wanted because he assumed the refs would play favorites and protect him? He is putting hands all over dudes 30 feet from the bucket, reaching in, grabbing both on and away from the ball, hacking on rebounds, taking reckless swipes for loose balls...all while in foul trouble in a highly important game? That is all on him, not the refs.

The last 2 Lebron games have been pretty damn amazing. Kyrie has been that dude too. And how about Tristan Thompson? THERE is your Big 3.

Speaking of....K. Love is completely getting outplayed by 35 year old Dick Jefferson in every facet of the game this series! What a treat. He is who I thought he was. His HORRIBLE D is getting exposed.

I am loving this series; thankful it's going the distance. Legacies in the balance, a championship and history at stake...all the hyperbole, but FOR REAL right now. It's going down. As a basketball and NBA fan, I have been loving this up and down series. A nail-biting Game 7 in the final minutes would be the ultimate finale.

YES! I am enjoying this soooo much in the Bay. I never thought I'd be cheering for the Lebrons in the finals. That man has been amazing. Just shutting all of us up who questioned whether he is still the best player in the world. Tricky Dick Jefferson is so funny to watch. He is trying soooo hard to be so old, all while Fatty Love is just being embarrassed. I've been pointing out to folks out here every time he makes a horrible rotation or decision on defense. It really is not that he is too slow or unathletic. He is just the most clueless defensive player on the court. Simple and plain. How can that be? He is a smart dude. How are people like him, James Harden, and Steve Nash seemingly intelligent dudes yet clueless on defense? It's weird. I hate coaching dudes like him. 

F uck the Golden State Rich Boy tag team and their minions. I like their bench though. I root for their bench to score points. 

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

Word, Daddy.

Date:

You should hear some of these callers on Mad Dog Sports Radio on Sirius XM (do any of you listen to that? man I love that station.). K. Love has ONE very high quality defensive possession, and suddenly he had a "great game 7" and has "proved the haters wrong". No the F he did not! Dude had a HORRIBLE series. They won despite him.

Honestly, Dick Jefferson might have been more valuable (and each of the other starting 5 was for sure). Whatever. I agree that the final Curry possession with Love switched out on him was quite surprising. But it was ONE possession. And if I was Steph, I would've drove right into that wide open lane, but Steph's warts and decision making gaffes are for another post. I just wanted to spew about K. Love and see if any of you had anything to add....

Date:

Steph's terrible decision making is definitely even more interesting to me. Just trash. He got outplayed in two straight series and still walks around the court like he is the best to ever do it. While his teammates are flying around on defense trying to make it happen he is just getting outclassed. Disappointing.

Love actually was quite good in that game. The first half he held them in the game. Why they don't use him as Lebron's Rodman is amazing to me. Love's days as an all star are probably over. He got embarrassed time after time in the playoffs where his lack of quickness with the ball and his horrendous defensive instincts make him stick out as a liability. But I got no more hate for the man. I wish him well (but I enjoy watching him fail).

«First  <  14 5 6 | Page of 6  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us