Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: 2016 Offseason

Date:
RE: 2016 Offseason

I predict that the Kings will trade for Payne during the offseason!

For Flip! RIP Them Up!

4Flip Them The Bird!

Date:

cycosurgeon wrote:

I predict that the Kings will trade for Payne during the offseason!

Dear god we can only hope so!

Date:

rumor has it Dave Joerger really liked Payne in the draft, so that's the only reason I mentioned it.

For Flip! RIP Them Up!

4Flip Them The Bird!

Date:

Now, now - It seems really as all of us suspected:

- " League sources tell Sporting News that Thibodeau has targeted Joakim Noah, who is an unrestricted free agent and has interest in leaving Chicago and re-joining Thibodeau. When they were together in Chicago, Noah developed and thrived under Thibodeau, finishing fourth in the MVP voting in 2013-14." (Sporting News)
- "The Minnesota Timberwolves are targeting Joakim Noah in free agency. Noah is widely expected to leave the Chicago Bulls this offseason and he previously worked until Tom Thibodeau. “I think when you see what happened in Chicago, the Bulls really missed Jo’s leadership this season, first and foremost,” Thibodeau said, referring to the Bulls’ failure to make the playoffs."

I really like Noah. But I hope, they don't overpay him, i.e. give him a to long-termed-high-paid-contract. But I really would like to have his grit in the locker-room, though. With Noah, KG, KAT and Thibs, Minny could get the real grindhouse.

But do you guys know, have they to trade some guys away, to make this happen? What's the status about Pek, anyway?

And how they would play KAT and Noah together? Maybe something like OKC-style on offense? Or woult they play with both of them as main-distributors (Inside-out)? If that's the case, what would be Ricky's part in this kind of offense?

Questions over questions

Date:

I always wanted the Twolves to draft Noah, instead of Goaty back in the day, so I really don't have an issues with him coming here as long as he isn't killing the new salary cap.

I haven't heard anything about Pek in ages, last I heard they shut him down because the pain started coming back, haven't heard anything else since. I hope he can make a comeback, he is my favorite Twolf since Googs! But Towns is getting close to the top of that list too already.

I think KAT could play 3-5 if needed, plus isn't Gorgui a poor man's healthy Noah at times and they already proved that can work!

If Pek can comeback, and to have either Noah or Gorgui help cover up some of his rim protection weakness, even if Pek can only play 20 minutes a game, he could destroy 2nd string centers. Noah making high elbow post entry passes to Pek seems like a match made in heaven! A guy can dream! :(

If Noah can get healty again, he can cover centers and save skinny Kat some wear and tear the next couple seasons while he bulks up!

For Flip! RIP Them Up!

4Flip Them The Bird!

Date:

So many unknown factors that likely only the front office knows. What is KG thinking? What is Thibs thinking regarding KG? How is Pek's health? Do they plan on even trying to fyck around with Payne or will they just give up on him (like they should)? Is Dieng part of the core?

The fact that Thibs wants Noah likely tells us they want the body he provides off the bench. Before he separated his shoulder Noah was still elite defensively and with his rebounding. He can still be very good off the bench and is absolutely worth some loot.

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

Please don't let Thibs trade for Rose!

For Flip! RIP Them Up!

4Flip Them The Bird!

Date:

Noah would be cool at a reasonable contract. Him, KG, Dieng, Pek... if they could all play limited minutes that would help each other stay fresh and I'd have to assume they could be reasonably effective together. I think that would be pretty sweet.

Date:

Dieng, ShaBEAST, and the 5th pick for Kevin Love!

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

The Butler Trade Rumors:

#5 for Butler. Would you?
#5 + Lavine for Butler. Would you?
#5 + Lavine + Dieng for Butler. Would you?
Wiggins for Butler. Would you?
#5 + Wiggins for Butler. Would you?

Am I missing any here? What else is out there?

Date:

The highest I would go is #5 + Lavine + (Dieng OR Shabazz)........ in a heartbeat.

Date:

BonK wrote:

The Butler Trade Rumors:

#5 for Butler. Would you?
#5 + Lavine for Butler. Would you?
#5 + Lavine + Dieng for Butler. Would you?
Wiggins for Butler. Would you?
#5 + Wiggins for Butler. Would you?

Am I missing any here? What else is out there?

Just seems like a bad fit for both teams. Really no incentive for either team to do the trade that "works." Maybe I'm wrong. This seems very, very unlikely. 

I like the first four trades just fine. Even Wiggins for Butler. 

«First  <  1 2 3 4 5 612  >  Last»  | Page of 12  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us