Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Rank Your Favorite Current TV Shows

Date:
Rank Your Favorite Current TV Shows

As in not ended, or not cancelled etc.

I'm basically just looking to see if there are any good shows I've missed somehow. The only two shows I'm watching at the moment are GoT (obviously) and Vikings (currently on midseason break).

Here's mine:

1. The Leftovers - the spiritual successor to Lost. First season was good not great, 2nd season was amazing. I love this show so much.

2. Game of Thrones - Love this show, is my clear #2. Production quality is still unlike anything else on tv, each episode costs $10 million to make! I think the storyline quality and pacing has dropped off a bit from the first couple of seasons though.

3. Mr. Robot - awesome show, can't wait for season 2 starting in a couple of months.

4. Better Call Saul - I really like this show a lot, I hope it doesn't get cancelled because of bad ratings.

5. Vikings - still like it because vikings are awesome, current season kind of sucks though. Don't like lame drug addict Ragnar, bring back old Ragnar please.

Honorable Mentions:

Homeland - still good after 5 seasons, but just keeps getting more absurd which is kind of annoying.

Daredevil - By far the best comic book series (and imo the only good cb series) on tv. Shane from TWD was super badass as The Punisher in season 2.

Narcos - very good season 1, hopefull season 2 is just as good

Vinyl - new HBO series about the 70's NYC music scene. I liked the first season, although it got mixed reviews and low ratings so it could get cancelled after next season.

Does Not Qualify:

The Knick - I'm pretty sure this show is ended/cancelled and won't be getting a third season. no Otherwise it would be in my top 5.

-- Edited by roundhouse on Saturday 30th of April 2016 03:24:33 AM

-- Edited by roundhouse on Saturday 30th of April 2016 03:27:01 AM

Date:

Yeah, is The Knick cancelled or just done, or what? Such a shame. Otherwise, it would easily be on my list.

1a. GoT - Yeah, it owns.

1b. Vikings - Such a close second. Hard to decide.

3. Better Call Saul - The show is just so mesmorizing. It's a slow burn, but you can't stop watching and no other show on TV builds a slow plot better.

4. Mr. Robot - The best "unknown" show out there right now.

5. The Americans - All around very solid.

6. Into the Badlands - The best action. This show kicked ass and can't wait until season 2.

7. The Walking Dead - It has it's moments that are actually still good.

8. Brooklyn Nine-Nine and The Grinder - They are both soooo funny.

9. The Last Ship - Stupid guilty pleasure.

The Rest - All the gold shows on Discovery, Anthony Bourdain, Andrew Zimmern, and every other food show on TV.

Last Place. Fear the Walking Dead - Man this show wanks so hard. Totally done with it.

Date:

College Wolf wrote:

I agree with you except that I don't know anybody who watches The Leftovers and it's the best show on tv.

Date:

roundhouse wrote:
College Wolf wrote:

I agree with you except that I don't know anybody who watches The Leftovers and it's the best show on tv.

Isn't that on a premium channel though? Mr. Robot is on cable, which is what I meant... most unknown non-premium channel show.

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us