Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Olympic Basketball Thread

Date:
Olympic Basketball Thread

The Olympics start this weekend! 

Team USA is heavily favored.  Spain is 2nd oddswise, with France 3rd.

Here is a cool snapshot of every current or former NBA player on any of the 2016 Olympics teams:  https://twitter.com/mellentuck/status/760133608589889536

From a Wolves standpoint, it's all about tRicky (also, Raduljica!). I'll be paying close attention to Spain. He had some sick highlights in an exhibition the other night.

Date:

BonK wrote:

The Olympics start this weekend! 

Team USA is heavily favored.  Spain is 2nd oddswise, with France 3rd.

Here is a cool snapshot of every current or former NBA player on any of the 2016 Olympics teams:  https://twitter.com/mellentuck/status/760133608589889536

From a Wolves standpoint, it's all about tRicky (also, Raduljica!). I'll be paying close attention to Spain. He had some sick highlights in an exhibition the other night.

I'd love to watch highlights of Ricky, why is it so difficult to find? Goodness. 

Anyway, I hope Spain has a new coach who doesn't play tRicky off the bench and on the wing again. 

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

Spain Game/tRicky Rubio Report:

Wow, tRicky was a non-factor. He only played 12 minutes. He got 3 fouls in the 1st half, and hardly played after that. I think his 3 missed open 3's had something to do with it too. 0 points, 1 board, 1 assist, 2 steals. The good news for tRicky fans is that Spain lost without him out there. They were pretty much dominating the whole 1st half (when he got 10 of his 12 minutes; he didn't start in the 2nd half), and then Croatia got momentum in the 2nd and never let the foot off the gas. He had a couple of good steals, but otherwise did nothing. He must've been bummed about his play or the lack of PT, cuz he wasn't very active or vocal on the bench at all. Hopefully this was just a one game anomaly. Sergio Rodriguez got his start in the 2nd half.

By the way, last play of the game, Spain down 2 with 2 seconds, inbounds to Pau in the post, hook shot for the tie at the buzzer, rejected by Dario Saric! That cat looks good. He's gonna be in Philly next year. I liked his game.

Date:

I didn't watch the 2nd Spain game, but it sounded like more of the same. They lost AGAIN. tRicky fouled out. He finished with 4 pts, 4 boards, and 0 assists. It's been a tough Olympics for tRicky and Spain so far. Yikes.

Team USA's 2nd game was pretty boring. The 1st half was actually pretty close. They still won by 44 though, but Venezuela eats. I only watched the 1st half before I got bored with it. Next game v. 2-0 Australia should be a more interesting one though. USA still favored by 32, geesh.

Date:

In case you missed it, tRicky looked bad in the Olympics. I am a huge Rubiobo, but I don't even think it's debatable.

Date:

Olympic Bball owned. And actually, the entire Olympics in general OWNED HARD. Best thing every 4 years.

Date:

I found myself really rooting for the Aussie's to win their 1st medal ever in hoops. They should have. They lost to Spain in the Bronze game by 1 point on a BS phantom foul call (Rudy Fernandez flew by Patty Mills, launched the ball wildly and flopped...Patty did nothing) with 1.8 seconds left.

Some of the Eastern Block teams were also pretty sweet. Croatia with Bogan Bogdanovic, Mario Hedzonia, and Dario Saric were fun to watch too.

Date:

BonK wrote:

I found myself really rooting for the Aussie's to win their 1st medal ever in hoops. They should have. They lost to Spain in the Bronze game by 1 point on a BS phantom foul call (Rudy Fernandez flew by Patty Mills, launched the ball wildly and flopped...Patty did nothing) with 1.8 seconds left.

Some of the Eastern Block teams were also pretty sweet. Croatia with Bogan Bogdanovic, Mario Hedzonia, and Dario Saric were fun to watch too.

Concur!

Just wait until the Aussie's have Simmons, Exum, and Thon Maker! Plus Kyrie Irving could have actually played for them too...

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us