Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: The Big Ticket called it quits

Date:
The Big Ticket called it quits

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKtsRsDAMsA/?hl=en

Man, where to start. Where to start. I have been so obsessed with this man for about 18 years it is a strange feeling for him not to be in the league. As much as I love Rubio and Towns, it's a different feeling. I only hope those two players (or maybe someone else) can get me back into the NBA like I was from about 1996-2009. 

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

KAT's reaction

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

KAT changed his Twitter pictures to just black. Wow. Sort of expected given all that has happened. And of course Doc is already talking crap to the press about how the Wolves handled it.

Tons to say obviously. Roster wise it was for the best but it still brings back a flood of memories and thoughts. Bonk sent out a really good tweet, which I'll let him share if he wants. KG is the only reason I ended up following the NBA way back in the day. Damn.

#RIPFlip

Date:

"We talked. I know what I must do."

Hard to top the melodrama. KG is the king of the melodrama. Completely approve. Towns and KG are similar, both a bit insane, talk to themselves. Both were too nice when they entered the league. Both very firey on the court. I have. I no doubt KAT is destined for great things

#RIPFlip

Date:

Sad, sad, day!

Was really hoping he could come back healthy next year and contribute in a NBA history record setting 22nd season.

Bummer.

Date:

College Wolf wrote:

Sad, sad, day!

That exactly was what I'm feeling & I wanted to write, too... I'm gonna miss him a lot! He was the reason I started liking basketball and the Timberwolves and for me, a part of the Timberwolves is retiring with him - it's really a weird feeling.

Date:

Man, my sadness just isn't going away!!

Date:

Yeah man, I felt super emotional on Friday when the official news came out. So much about KG to love, especially for those fans like us that followed him closely and knew what he was really about (not the caricature that many thought he was nationally from the late-Boston and Brooklyn days).

I just appreciate how much KG made me love watching the NBA, the TWolves, and basketball in general. And I love the way he is so locked in, so passionate, so intense, so team oriented, so brash on the court yet humble off of it, so unique, and such a big influence when you think about what he meant to the league (1st player out of high school in decades, 1st 7 footer that could move, pass, shoot, handle, defend all in one package, the most consistently passionate player ever, etc).

My tweet WallyWorld was talking about said:

Kevin Garnett taught me:
Work hard.
Be passionate.
Be yourself.
It's okay to be weird.
Dedication and perseverance.
Do you.
#ThankYouKG

Damn, I was really hoping for a retirement tour/watching him play 12-20 minutes of solid D/Team Ball and coaching/hyping up the Young Wolves like last year. Still sad. I do feel good about Towns' reverence for KG though.

Date:

Double Whammy for me....Not only is KG gone but...

Marc J. Spears: The Timberwolves announced that center Nikola Pekovic will miss the entire 2016-17 season due to recurring right ankle pain.

Jon Krawczynski: Regarding Nikola Pekovic: He will not play this season. Insurance will cover Wolves on contract. Highly doubtful he plays again

For Flip! RIP Them Up!

4Flip Them The Bird!

Date:

Man, Bonk's words are that real deal. It feels so strange to be a grown as$ man over here acting depressed over a dude not being able to play basketball anymore. But if you grew up in MN in the KG days Bonk's words are bond. Straight up. I ain't got much to say.

Pek, I'm sad his days are done, too. There aren't too many folk heroes left on the squad. I got tRicky and KAT now. It's hard to get too excited for anyone else on the team. On that topic, Flip did such a good job of promoting the team last year. Thibs/Layden aren't doing sh*t. Where is the hype for this team locally?

Date:

DaddyFatSax wrote:

There aren't too many folk heroes left on the squad. I got tRicky and KAT now. It's hard to get too excited for anyone else on the team.

In this matter I would likt to take up the cudgels on behalf of Andrew Wiggins. Sure, he isn't you're typical vocal leader, energy guy, seemingly going-out guy - but for me he is - just like KAT, but in a whole different meaning - the real deal. Surely he's a quite one, but every time he goes up against a big one, you could feel his passion for the competition. And I'm pretty sure, once the Twolves get themselves into the Playoffs Wiggs is gonna be a Star, like KAT already is. He's maybe not your typical team-player, but he has something on him, that tells you, that he always could be that guy, who can make the difference. He maybe doesn't have as linear and cleary visible way of devolopement, as Kat has, but I',m pretty confident, that he's finnaly gonna wind up to be an even more special player, that he already is)

Also I really like his quiteness a lot (I love it the same wa, I love the outgoingness with KAT): It's his own way to focus on basketball an basketball only (i.e. no dunk contest, even it's an All-Star-Game in his hometown, quitting on the National team, in which he is a key-figure in an Olympic year for better preparing himself to be of help in "building a championship contending team"). I really like his demeanor, reminds me somehow of a Kawhi Leonard or even of a Tim Duncan. I'm pretty sure had KG a co-star like this by his side, they maybe gone even further in the play-offs. And that's exactly my hope for KAT, too...

Date:

Great points MTW. I do not dislike Wiggins. I enjoy watching him and I like watching him improve. I just do not walk around town ready to throw down if someone talks sh*t about Wiggins like I do when they come at KG, tRicky, Gary Payton, Hakeem, Artest, Sheed, etc.

Another factor is that I'm a grown as$ man now and it is tough to identify with teenage men. My guess is Wiggins and I have very little in common other than our love for the inefficient pull up jumper.

1 2  >  Last»  | Page of 2  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us