Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Game #1! Wolves @ Memphis

Date:
Game #1! Wolves @ Memphis

This is so exciting.  New season!  The Grizz are favored by 2.  I expect this to be a very competitive game! We are all healthy, and looked great this preseason.  The Grizz have the following injuries:  Parsons out with a knee, Brandon Wright oout, Tony Allen questionable, Marc Gasol possibly on a minutes limit to start the season coming back from a bone bruise.

CANT.  WAIT.

Date:

The kids got schooled by the craft vets. :(

For Flip! RIP Them Up!

4Flip Them The Bird!

Date:

I watched about half of the game (2nd and 3rd quarters). The vibe of the team definitely felt different. They haven't put it together yet and it didn't help that they just played poorly in the second half (and the Grizzlies played above their heads). No way to draw conclusions about much after one game. Yet, I have 4 takeaways:

1) I saw glimpses of an actual ICE defense!!!!
2) I already don't like the bench. Sub Wiggins out early so that he can lead the 2nd unit.
3) What is ShaBEAST's role? I'm anxious to see what Thibs will do with him. I have such low confidence in him.
4) Rubio, Lavine, Dunn, Wiggins switching on D is going to be good. Very good at times.

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

Disappointing result, but that 20-3 start was dominating on both ends. I'm glad I didn't post anything at that point! You can see when Thibs has them fully understanding what he wants, we are going to win a lot of games.

I really want to see Rubio own the end of games. He doesn't have to be the one scoring, but he should be totally in control of what is happening out there and the result is just a bunch of intelligent play.

Date:

Well, 0-2. Both games were similar. I don't know what it means and maybe it's a coincidence that they start up big and then fall behind. I expect the offense to take awhile. I expect the defense to take time, yet I definitely expected better defense from the bigs. KAT has not been noticeable as a rim protector, nor has Dieng.

You can see Wiggins certainly added to his game this summer. I'm also happy to see Lavine focused and trying to find his role. He is not tentative at all.

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

Man, what a sweet payback!! When is the last time you could remember the TWolves leading by 38 at the end of the 3rd quarter against a veteran playoff team (in which the best-payed player in NBA-history is playing)?

Gorgui Dieng with 17 Pts, 2 Blks, 2 Steals, Dunn with 5 Stls & 2of3 from deep, Zach with 31Pts & 5 from 9 from deep, Tyus getting his minutes and delivering 6 Assists in 18 Minutes (and grabing 2 Rbs), Nemanja doing it all in his limited time, also Brandon Rush adding solid scoring - that's all quite couraging! Let's get rolling from here on out...!

Date:

I mean, the Grizzlies trotted out the B squad, but still. Nice win.

“I don’t focus on almost. In high school, I never dealt with the chick that almost wanted to go out with me.” 

Date:

Yeah, that was a gimme if I've ever seen one. Still, many previous iterations of the Wolves would have choked it or only won by 5. It was nice to see them utterly destroy them. They need to maintain the momentum and not get thrown off when another team puts up some resistance.

#RIPFlip

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us