Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Win over Da Bulls

Date:
Win over Da Bulls

Didn't watch last night's game but it seemed promising. Zach is my favorite Wolf right now, followed by Dieng. For all his warts coming into the league (AAU mentality, no defense, sloppy decisions) ZLV has shown tremendous work ethic and, of all the Wolves, seems like he genuinely wants to be great (without taking an entitled mentality- cough- Towns- cough). Wiggins is quietly very good and consistent, but TBH he isn't very creative. His game is programmed and predictable. He's tremendously athletic and skilled, thus hard to stop, but he doesn't have the imagination a guy like Zach has. Towns has some of the creativity but damn son. Play some D. Stop prepping for interviews more than you prep for the games. WORK.

“I don’t focus on almost. In high school, I never dealt with the chick that almost wanted to go out with me.” 

Date:

Well said all around Wolfenstein. "Stop prepping for interviews more than you prep for the games. WORK" <-- Beautifully put.

I agree about Lavine, and I also agree about KATs entitled mentality. I saw a quote from last night how he told Thibs going into the 4th quarter, "Don't worry coach, I'm going to get you your win here", and instead of feeling warm & fuzzy about it like many Wolves rubes, I thought, "see...that is KAT's problem". Me me me. Too much show and not enough substance this season for my liking.

Maybe last night will springboard a major change in momentum and attention to detail going forward. Maybe things are starting to snap into place and guys are starting to "get it".

Or maybe we will get smoked again on Saturday and this will be a season full of empty expectations and teasing highlights.

Date:

Yeah that was a super duper fun game. Highly entertaining. The best part was LaVine shutting down Wade and then leaking out for a slam to put it away. Then old balls washed up Wade got tossed!!! ahahahaha.

But there was a stretch in the third quarter that DEFINED exactly why I am so irritated with Towns right now. He got owned by Lopez at the rim and in an effort to "take it back at him" woefully chucked the next three possessions away after maybe one pass. This Dion Waiters-like shot selection is becoming an issue. I have always felt something is a bit off with his personality and surely I could dig up and find places where I've said it but I think the guy is a total phony, and the fans fawning over him are preposterously naive to his wonderfully scripted media cliche platitudes. These same people probably believed the things that come out of Trump and Clinton's mouths during the election. Let's turn on the BS detectors, please.

The only one who gets it is Britt, who frequently has called him a teachers pet since even last year, and now calls him out on his BS pretty aggressively. The guy is CLEARLY a very good bull$hitter, loves attention, and is a ballhog who doesn't play D. It would be ideal if he got his act together quickly. I hope he does because his total regression under Thibs is probably the biggest surprise this season for all of the wrong reasons, and saying so after nearly 30 games is perfectly rational.

#RIPFlip

Date:

Towns tallies a monster game against the Rockets, and 2 HUGE defensive lapses. On the game tying 3, all Towns had to do is stay on his man and let Harden lay the ball in for 2, leaving the Timberwolves a 1 point lead. Get the ball back, inbound and make your freethrows and play the clock. Basic. Bleeping. Basketball.

Then in overtime, on the first go ahead shot. He soft hedges on Harden and just casually walks away from him, leaving James effing Harden wide open at the top of the key for a 3 ball. Are you serious?

Yet I'm sure he thinks he had himself a great game.

“I don’t focus on almost. In high school, I never dealt with the chick that almost wanted to go out with me.” 

Date:

You guys are nailing it with your Towns assessments. I am in full agreement.

I'm surprised and pleased to read this stuff on here, cuz I feel like no other Wolves diehards are talking like this about Towns. But I think they should be.

I was at the Houston game. I have never in my life, in any sporting event at any level, seen a mass exodus of fans occur AS THE GAME WAS GOING INTO OVERTIME. But oh did it happen on Saturday night. And I couldn't even blame them.

-- Edited by BonK on Monday 19th of December 2016 03:16:07 PM

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us