Members Login
Post Info TOPIC: Twolves Pilgrimage

Date:
Twolves Pilgrimage

Might be finally seeing Twolves home games, targeting the games vs the Jazz and Mavs in Jan. 7th and 9th. But with our record and lack of heart, I am debating on if I should burn the cash? Was hoping you guys might have some insight or know of other cool things going on in the city during that time.

Here are pros and cons so far...

Pros:
Will finally get to see them play a home game
Will finally be able to walk into a shop and buy a twolves shirt or item, instead of getting lucky in a bargain bin.
Might actually be able to find someone who knows who the Timberwolves actually are. Maybe even find another Twolves fan in person for the first time in my whole life.
Dirk might be playing again by then ( Mavs are my 2nd favorite team )
Twolves might actually be able to win one of the games since the Mavs stink.
Since Target center is half empty most of the time, ticket for good seats might be cheap.
Flight and hotel are cheaper than I was expecting, and the hotel is like across the street from the Target.

Cons:
No HePek sighting
Twolves will most likely lose to the Jazz.
Will have to fight the urge to punch people who only cheer for Cherry Berries!
Really no idea what do check out in Minneapolis or St. Paul in the dead of winter.
Snow storms could pretty much screw up either or both of my flights.

Wishlist:
Meet up with some TWolvesBloggers maybe go to a game together ( double pipe dream, play some hoops with you guys )
Check out a cool sports bar that has the largest collection of Twolves memorabilia!
Find a local metal bar
Find something cool to do on the day between games
Not get snowed in my hotel.  :P
Hoping it is easy to get from the Airport to Downtown and won't have to take a dogsled back and forth
Find some good local places to eat.

Anyone got any words of wisdom on if I should risk it?

-- Edited by cycosurgeon on Wednesday 21st of December 2016 06:56:06 PM

For Flip! RIP Them Up!

4Flip Them The Bird!

Date:

Good for you, bro.

Enjoy your trip!!

I just wanted to say: 2 in row, baby, 2 in a row!!

Date:

Definitely make the trip! It should be fun. I tuned back in about a week ago just in time for the Wolves to start playing better. They aren't good, but hopefully they continue to play like a 9th seed for the rest of the season because that's what we all expected.

Anyone else been watching the last few games? I went to Canis Hoopus to read about whether what I thought I was seeing was true. Sure enough, Rubio and Towns are figuring things out a bit the last 5 or so. That's about it. Those two need to play better. If Rubio gets his shyt back together and Towns plays some god damn defense, they will creep near .500. Well, that and not shyting themselves with anxiety when the second half starts. Those three things.

Thibs needs to play Cole 5-10 more minutes a game to rest Dieng and KAT a bit more. He really does play the shyt out of players. I wonder if he had a bench if he'd be doing it still.

Sam Mitchell's loud ass. Talk all the goddamn time. Clownin Sam... THE GREAT SAM MITCHELL... A man's man, if you know what that means. Wears cologne. All that good shit. No nonsense....Tom Hammonds, Terry Porter, Doug West, these are all hitters!  - KG

Date:

Still trying to decide, if I should go then or wait till the weather is nicer so I can see the Twin Cities without worrying about being snowed in or something. The recent loses haven't really helped the case much. :(

For Flip! RIP Them Up!

4Flip Them The Bird!

Date:

I have gone to two games this year. The first I paid 15 bucks and sat in the upper deck. The second I paid 15 for terrible seats, walked in via Huberts and sat in the 10th row without any sort of trouble to speak of (with 6 people total to boot). It was one of the soul crushing losses against the Kings before Christmas.

What Ive found is it's a lot harder to get cheap seats because the team has put a limit on how cheap the seats can go below face value, and also eliminated the secondary market due to FlashSeats and their 2009-era app. Fans actually have sued the Wolves over it. It is really really really really stupid and I remain convinced it is a major factor to Target Center being a graveyard. Now you literally can't give seats away. it is no longer a joke.

Cyco - where do you live again? Whether I'd honestly recommend you do it depends on a few factors: are you buying a plane ticket? Are you on a budget? Are you weighing splurging on this or buying something fun like an Xbox One or PS4? If money is no object, do it, but if you are still on the fence I WOULD NOT SUGGEST spending several hundred dollars unless you have a good crew and want to have a fun night on the town, or have some other reason to be in Minneapolis in January. I know from experience being a Dallas resident for several years that Wolves trips are not worth the price in any way for the game itself unless there are other things surrounding it that would create a memory or two. For me it's catching up with my co-diehard buddy, sitting in his ridiculous seats and drinking fine scotch I can't afford at upper class establishments afterwards, as is our annual "Dad's night out" tradition.

The building and team is EXTREMELY DEPRESSING. DON'T DO IT FOR THE GAME ALONE!!!! Even if the Jazz game is an epic one (it won't be, they will get crushed, especially at home where they always play like garbage) it's a very difficult gamble to justify.

#RIPFlip

Date:

One final thing: my "DONT DO IT" is coming from someone who has gone to probably 100-150 or so games over the course of my life, usually for free or while paying next to nothing. If you have not gone to a game before, my tone may shift.

#RIPFlip

Date:

Coming from Seattle, and decided not to do it, since the cheap flight and hotel package next to the Target vanished and the team has actually been regressing in my opinion.

When I travel I like to explore but I felt like there wouldn't be very much to explore in the freezing cold for the price I would have to pay. I really wanted to do it this year, but they are just too depressing to watch for forking out half a grand on just flights and hotel alone, that's even before trying to buy good tickets.

Plus I would be coming in alone to do all this, which usually doesn't bother me, but meeting other Twolves fans in real life would hopefully be part of the experience for me, since most NBA people I meet even forget the team exists. :(

I'll consider it again when the weather warms up if I get lucky and they show less suckage and there is a semi back to back around then.

-- Edited by cycosurgeon on Friday 6th of January 2017 02:13:10 PM

For Flip! RIP Them Up!

4Flip Them The Bird!

Page 1 of 1  sorted by

Quick Reply

Please log in to post quick replies.

Tweet this page Post to Digg Post to Del.icio.us